Moparts

roll the fenders? sooo close.

Posted By: turbododgepirate

roll the fenders? sooo close. - 05/20/13 03:29 AM

Hey scratch!!! im finally getting some work done on my truck. Test fitting the 315/60-15 drag radials. Sooooo close. Probably getting a Shelby Dakota axle and doing a minitub.

Re: roll the fenders? sooo close. - 05/20/13 03:31 AM

The outside.
Posted By: 76dodgeboy

Re: roll the fenders? sooo close. - 05/20/13 04:21 AM

Looks like it'll hit even if the fender is rolled. The down on suspension travel will have them fighting

Re: roll the fenders? sooo close. - 05/20/13 05:24 AM

Yeah, I jumped up and down in the bed and had my girlfriend watch.... It barely hit. But to be safe I am getting a narrower axle.
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: roll the fenders? sooo close. - 05/20/13 01:24 PM

SSSWWWEEEETTTT!!!!!

thats a little to close for street duty.IMHO

will the airshocks riase it a little,that would work ok. maybe.

tubbing it fluch with the frame with a stock truck axle you can use a 10 rim with 7.5 BS to fit a 29x15x15 in there..so a 60 should have plenty of room if you go in a hair on the rim and trim the inner fender lip.

keep me posted on the DAK rear axle,I would like to "see" it installed one time for a referance later.
Posted By: dogdays

Re: roll the fenders? sooo close. - 05/20/13 05:08 PM

I'd roll them, I used a baseball bat handle and a dead blow hammer on my Mercedes when I put the 16 x 8s on it.

R.

Re: roll the fenders? sooo close. - 05/21/13 03:42 AM

Quote:

SSSWWWEEEETTTT!!!!!

thats a little to close for street duty.IMHO

will the airshocks riase it a little,that would work ok. maybe.

tubbing it fluch with the frame with a stock truck axle you can use a 10 rim with 7.5 BS to fit a 29x15x15 in there..so a 60 should have plenty of room if you go in a hair on the rim and trim the inner fender lip.

keep me posted on the DAK rear axle,I would like to "see" it installed one time for a referance later.

Will do, i am gonna try to keep the steel type of rim if I can get one in the right bolt pattern for the Dakota axle. Just made a agreement to get the tubs today!!!
Posted By: Magnum

Re: roll the fenders? sooo close. - 05/21/13 05:26 AM

The inner will rub alot during axle articulation.
© 2024 Moparts Forums