Moparts

New toy followed me home...

Posted By: RapidusMaximus

New toy followed me home... - 05/19/13 09:49 PM

Couldn't help myself, ran across a deal on this 1975 CJ-5, 232 six, 3 speed on the floor, needs some attention here and there but it runs and drives and is rust free. Looks like someone spray bombed some primer all over it and attempted to cover up the original lime green and after giving it a pretty through inspection it looks like they just threw it together to sell, bolts missing, wrong bolts installed, etc, etc. Now if I can just keep from going overboard on it and taking it apart into a million pieces...as if I didn't have enough to do...here we go again...

Posted By: Golden-Arm

Re: New toy followed me home... - 05/19/13 10:52 PM

sweet score. lime green, huh? i bet you can't remove every last nut, bolt, washer and piece, in less that 40 hours......

Re: New toy followed me home... - 05/19/13 11:33 PM

Looks like some sort of green and yes, it's everything I can do to resist taking the tub and fenders off to clean and prep everything...my problem is I won't know where to stop...It'll look like a Jeep grenade went off in my shop...must...resist...
Posted By: Golden-Arm

Re: New toy followed me home... - 05/20/13 02:33 AM

DO EEEEET !!!!
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: New toy followed me home... - 05/20/13 03:00 AM

Strip it ! Strip it !!! Strip it !!!
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: New toy followed me home... - 05/20/13 01:16 PM

It'll look like a Jeep grenade went off in my shop...must...resist...

it has already started to snowball on you when you backed it into the shop.. now it depends on what side of the hill it runs down.. down the smooth side kinda fast....or rolls backwards over you going down the other side...

you ready to sell me the your truck now?
Posted By: Mopar2DBone

Re: New toy followed me home... - 05/20/13 04:48 PM

I love it when a stray follows me home... I really want an old CJ to fix up and I found one last week but I was too scared to ask the guy about because I was afraid he would actually sell it...

Re: New toy followed me home... - 05/21/13 12:01 AM

Quote:

It'll look like a Jeep grenade went off in my shop...must...resist...

it has already started to snowball on you when you backed it into the shop.. now it depends on what side of the hill it runs down.. down the smooth side kinda fast....or rolls backwards over you going down the other side...

you ready to sell me the your truck now?

Lol...the little black truck is waaaaay too much fun to sell...needs to be faster though... make ya a heck of a deal on the Ram charger though...

Re: New toy followed me home... - 05/21/13 12:05 AM

Quote:

I love it when a stray follows me home... I really want an old CJ to fix up and I found one last week but I was too scared to ask the guy about because I was afraid he would actually sell it...

That's kinda what happened to me, I absolutely did not need another project...but, here I am...
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: New toy followed me home... - 05/21/13 01:55 AM

I still have an 84 CJ7 scattered all over the shop, it will NOT put itself back together!

Re: New toy followed me home... - 05/21/13 02:22 AM

Quote:

I still have an 84 CJ7 scattered all over the shop, it will NOT put itself back together!

Lol...ain't that the truth...the GTX is scattered across two states and half the shop...if I take this Jeep apart they might cross-polinate
Posted By: turbododgepirate

Re: New toy followed me home... - 05/21/13 03:53 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Lol...ain't that the truth...the GTX is scattered across two states and half the shop...if I take this Jeep apart they might cross-polinate

Would that make a JeepTX lol
© 2024 Moparts Forums