Moparts

First Gen Seat Options.

Posted By: Grizzly

First Gen Seat Options. - 04/21/13 12:27 AM

I am developing some dis-pleasure with the seat in my old regular cab beater.

I'm kind of keeping an eye out for some Ramcharger or Club-Cab buckets but open to anything else that bolts right up or with little modifications. What are you Folks running?
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: First Gen Seat Options. - 04/21/13 03:56 AM

As soon as I find a decent set I am going to replace the bench with the factory buckets and console. The main thing is that there is a bracket on the floor so the passenger seat can tilt forward. So you need to find a complete set with the brackets.
Posted By: 76dodgeboy

Re: First Gen Seat Options. - 04/21/13 04:36 AM

94-01 fit with slight mods.
Posted By: blown340

Re: First Gen Seat Options. - 04/21/13 06:46 AM

I put jeep grand cherokee (WJ 99-04) seats in my 73 W200 and really like them. They fit well, look right, and are very comfortable. I've had them in there for over 5 years now and am still very happy with them.

-Jon
Posted By: Adventurer_Sport

Re: First Gen Seat Options. - 04/21/13 10:36 PM

I have re-covered buckets out of an '87 LeBaron in my '73.

Attached picture 7676799-Truckinterior001.jpg

Re: First Gen Seat Options. - 04/22/13 12:05 AM

Keep in mind if your a Heavy guy alot of Buckets won't be comfy in a std cab. They push you closer to the steering wheel. I didn't like Rc buckets in my 80 shortbox. Food for thought
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: First Gen Seat Options. - 04/22/13 04:02 AM

Yes, that's good to know. Not a lot of space to work around it either with that lip that's just below the back window in the way of a reclined position (which I prefer).

Right now the seat is as far back as it will go and I could use a tad more. Think I'll look for something that's thinner in the backrest. I can fab up anything to work so I'd also like to lower the position too.

You get used to your new vehicles with arm rests and cup holders and suddenly all of that stuff is missing in the old beater.

Great input and suggestions from everyone; thanks!!

Re: First Gen Seat Options. - 04/22/13 06:12 AM

I can say that the 70s bench seems thinner in the back than the 80s. My 83 was a snug fit when buckled up but all my 70s trucks were all fine. you wot be able to lay any seat back in a std cab. You can always get lowback Rc seats and chop the seat frames for them a couple inches to drop them down and tuck under the window lip
© 2024 Moparts Forums