Moparts

Close, But Not Close Enough

Posted By: Golden-Arm

Close, But Not Close Enough - 04/17/13 03:02 AM

been looking at some indy trucks, and saw one close. stopped and looked at it, on my way home from mississippi. got him down to 2500, but he wouldnt go to 2000. needs a dashcap, and a seat, plus some odds and ends. told him to call me, when he realizes it will only sell for two.

INDY RAM

was looking to buy larrys stepside, but we are at the exact opposite corners of the country!! maybe when he retires and moves to florida, i'll be able to snag it.

Attached picture 7670931-3G63If3N65If5E65Kbd457222aadd5b52134a.jpg
Posted By: redraptor

Re: Close, But Not Close Enough - 04/18/13 12:36 AM

Quote:

was looking to buy larrys stepside, but we are at the exact opposite corners of the country!! maybe when he retires and moves to florida, i'll be able to snag it.

Wait till he finds a tonno cover for it!
Posted By: MMiller

Re: Close, But Not Close Enough - 04/18/13 12:54 AM

And it takes $4500 to $8000 to buy a 92-93 with a Cummins under the hood, rusty, beat, and dirty, it seems like.

Michael
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Close, But Not Close Enough - 04/18/13 01:10 AM

That truck would sell for $3500 easily around here. Most that are left are rusty and still sell for that.

Re: Close, But Not Close Enough - 04/18/13 01:40 AM

body is solid, i found no rust anywhere, and no mud. it had a dash carpet on it, and when i lifted it, there was no dash! some broken pieces down in the instrument panel, and glovebox area, but the dashcap was gone. aftermarket stereo looked like stevie wonder installed it, bezels missing from switches, and left half of the drivers seat was gone. sitting on the wire and springs, was a ratty old seat cover. dash bezel was spray bombed, and headliner was shot. headlights are yellowed from age, p/s hoses leaking, grill loose on hood, etc. very nice body though, just needs about 2 grand of parts to get it right. i adjusted for that, and he didnt go for it. oh well, the search continues....
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: Close, But Not Close Enough - 04/18/13 01:45 PM

I will give you a ride over to Larrys to pick it up.

Re: Close, But Not Close Enough - 04/18/13 03:15 PM

you do know larry lives on the west coast, washington state? (i wont chip for gas, but i might treat you to a chili cheese tots and a small drink, at sonic..... )
Posted By: patrick

Re: Close, But Not Close Enough - 04/18/13 05:31 PM

Quote:

That truck would sell for $3500 easily around here. Most that are left are rusty and still sell for that.

same here, and good interiors are pretty easy to find in junkyards up here....

note it has the really nice MP ground effects kit on it....
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: Close, But Not Close Enough - 04/18/13 08:22 PM

Quote:

you do know larry lives on the west coast, washington state? (i wont chip for gas, but i might treat you to a chili cheese tots and a small drink, at sonic..... )

Yes,I have talked with Larry a few times on the phone. i think I can make it with the 440 truck. I just need to keep it around 45-50 mph for it to get the 15 MPG all the way there and back.

3 week vac should cover the round trip for me.

no Sonic food plez. I prefer the greesy spoon of a Waffle House

Re: Close, But Not Close Enough - 04/19/13 12:13 AM

well, if yer really heading out there, let me know. i would consider having you drive it back, if you flew out. or towing it. i'll treat to waffle house (or huddle house) but i get to play all the waffle house songs on the jukebox, while you eat. ALL of them.

yeah, those ground effects are pretty sweet. an nos set on ebay right now for sale, missing the pieces for the rear of the bed, is selling for 600 bucks. if he goes to two, i'd be there in an hour and a half.
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: Close, But Not Close Enough - 04/19/13 12:44 AM

No Waffel Houses up here, only Dennys and Sharies. Sharies has pies that will knock your socks off !!

Scratchy, you need a OD833 in that truck..

Re: Close, But Not Close Enough - 04/19/13 01:24 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Wait till he finds a tonno cover for it!

HAHA, Im already retired. No Florida for me. To darn many big lizzards.

I think a piece of plywood is gonna work for a bed cover.. I guess I need to finish the glass hood for it also..

Re: Close, But Not Close Enough - 04/19/13 01:31 AM

those big lizards are mighty tasty, and really, most people here will never see one.
Posted By: pinkduster

Re: Close, But Not Close Enough - 04/19/13 01:40 AM

I can't believe that truck is THAT cheap.

Re: Close, But Not Close Enough - 04/19/13 02:15 AM

if you saw the interior, you would believe.

Re: Close, But Not Close Enough - 04/19/13 02:51 AM

was looking to buy larrys stepside, but we are at the exact opposite corners of the country!!

Delivery to Louisianna could be arranged
© 2024 Moparts Forums