Moparts

92 D150 ram air install

Posted By: 11secdart

92 D150 ram air install - 03/31/13 01:13 AM

I bought a Spectre ram air kit ( air cleaner with two 4 inch snorkel inlets , two 4 inch ducts/hoses and inlets ) for my D150. I ran one duct to the factory intake duct work that exits under the turn signal rather than removing the battery and cutting another hole in the radiator support. On the other side I cut a 4 inch hole in the radiator support next to the radiator to draw cold air from behind the grill. My dilemma is : should I install a screen in front of the inlet? The grill is there to keep big objects out and I don`t drive it in the rain.

Attached picture 7647581-IMG_0173.JPG
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: 92 D150 ram air install - 03/31/13 04:19 AM

With an air filter I would not worry about it. If you get junk in the filter housing then you could add a screen.
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: 92 D150 ram air install - 03/31/13 05:19 AM

Id put some screen in front of it just like people do in front of the rads. It keeps the bug guts and debris from cloging the rad or filter..
Posted By: RapidusMaximus

Re: 92 D150 ram air install - 03/31/13 03:22 PM

Quote:

I bought a Spectre ram air kit ( air cleaner with two 4 inch snorkel inlets , two 4 inch ducts/hoses and inlets ) for my D150. I ran one duct to the factory intake duct work that exits under the turn signal rather than removing the battery and cutting another hole in the radiator support. On the other side I cut a 4 inch hole in the radiator support next to the radiator to draw cold air from behind the grill. My dilemma is : should I install a screen in front of the inlet? The grill is there to keep big objects out and I don`t drive it in the rain.

Been thinking of doing the same thing to my '78...could you post a picture of the install? Thanks
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: 92 D150 ram air install - 03/31/13 04:42 PM

I`m going to finish it this week will post pics then, btw I put a screen in.
© 2024 Moparts Forums