Moparts

2004 Dakota Headliner

Posted By: pa340dart

2004 Dakota Headliner - 03/14/13 04:29 AM

Does anyone know what to use or how to reattach the cloth to the backing on a 04 dakota Mine is separating & falling into the pass windshield area. Glue ??? do I have to remove headliner to fix ??
Posted By: Daty Rogers

Re: 2004 Dakota Headliner - 03/14/13 04:43 AM

No real way to fix it, sorry, it's replacement time.

-Daty
Posted By: Golden-Arm

Re: 2004 Dakota Headliner - 03/14/13 06:45 PM

remove the headliner, and lay it out on a table with a thick bedspread under it. remove the old material and as much as the remaining stuck on foam and glue as possible. get some spray adhesive and some padded headliner material. i got mine from an upholstery shop, buy you can order it from joannes fabrics if needed.

measure the material to be about 4 inches wider than the headliner core, on all sides. spray the adhesive onto the headliner material and the core. start in the middle, and lay it out, and smooth as you go. let it sit for an hour or so, then flip it over, and work the extra around the edges, gluing and clamping it as you go. cut out pie notches in the corners, so you dont get any overlaps or creases. when dry, use a soldering iron from the back side of the headliner, and burn through all the holes, for screws and handles, etc. mine went from maroon to black in a day, and looks like it came that way.
© 2024 Moparts Forums