Moparts

I give up

Posted By: dodgeram440

I give up - 03/11/13 12:39 AM

I've had my 86 1/2 ton since 2005. Got the 440 a couple years later and started gathering parts to do the swap. And I offer my deepest heart felt thanks to the members who have donated or sold me parts for the swap.

Unfortunately, time, money, and other factors have kept me from completing the swap and now circumstances have come up that will prevent me from ever completing it.

My house is being forclosed on which means I'm forced to move and the apartment I'm moving to doesn't have a garage I have no other place to store my stuff or work on the truck.

I've already posted over in the engines for sale. Selling off the motor and trans and everything I have. If anyone is intersted in some big blocks parts, just let me know.

It was a nice dream while it lasted.

Attached picture 7620968-enigineonstand.jpg
Posted By: Mopargnome

Re: I give up - 03/11/13 12:43 AM

I feel your pain man. I'm downsizing alot too. It sucks sometimes. Things will hopefully get better for all of us!
Posted By: BigTerry

Re: I give up - 03/11/13 12:47 AM

you couldn't rent a storage building to put your stuff in??

Re: I give up - 03/11/13 02:03 AM

Like Mopargnome said, I'm downsizing. Yes, we are getting a storage unit for some of our stuff, but I just don't have room for the car stuff. And if I did, all it would do is just sit in storage not being put to use. I will never get around to swapping it in. At this point, the only way that would ever get done is to pay someone to do it, and I really don't have that kind of money.

I am keeping the truck. I've never disabled it so it is still drivable, though it has been parked for the last 2 years. I'm an over-the-road truck driver and I'm only home one weekend a month, if that sometimes. I've never had the time to work on it and I'm still missing a few essentials.

There really is no point in me hoarding this stuff when I will never make use of it and somebody out there can. So it's being sold.

I'm also selling off 2 Blue Point (Snap-On) toolboxes (one of them is seen in the picture above behind the engine) and a bunch of tools I no longer need. I was a mechanic for over 20 years when I decided it was time for a change. I'm going to keep some basic tools, but everything else must go.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: I give up - 03/11/13 02:45 AM

Sorry to hear this. The economic downturn has hurt many. I hope things turn around for you this year.
Posted By: old_goat

Re: I give up - 03/11/13 02:55 AM

PM sent.
If ya didnt get pm, please pm me...
Posted By: Robbins

Re: I give up - 03/11/13 03:15 AM

Quote:

I've had my 86 1/2 ton since 2005. Got the 440 a couple years later and started gathering parts to do the swap. And I offer my deepest heart felt thanks to the members who have donated or sold me parts for the swap.

Unfortunately, time, money, and other factors have kept me from completing the swap and now circumstances have come up that will prevent me from ever completing it.

My house is being forclosed on which means I'm forced to move and the apartment I'm moving to doesn't have a garage I have no other place to store my stuff or work on the truck.

I've already posted over in the engines for sale. Selling off the motor and trans and everything I have. If anyone is intersted in some big blocks parts, just let me know.

It was a nice dream while it lasted.

Sorry to hear this.......I hope the best for you.
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: I give up - 03/11/13 06:44 AM

But I will add, as the general manager of trucking company...THANK YOU for what you do for a living!!

Trucks DO move America!!
Posted By: basketcase

Re: I give up - 03/11/13 10:29 AM

hate to hear this. hope it all works out.
Posted By: 76dodgeboy

Re: I give up - 03/11/13 12:50 PM

Quote:

you couldn't rent a storage building to put your stuff in??

Im sure he'd love to if you pay for it. Rent on an apartment can be higher than a house payment sometimes and a storage unit around here are $75-$130 for a 10x20. Since he has to move to an apartment that extra cost probably isn't in the books.

Sorry to hear that. I've had to sell stuff to make due.
Posted By: basketcase

Re: I give up - 03/11/13 11:19 PM

and his work schedule is a killer too. I work 21 turn,and it sucks. one weekend off a month. but at least I'm home everyday.
Posted By: redraptor

Re: I give up - 03/11/13 11:19 PM

I'm sorry to hear this too. I hope things will turn around for you. I've had to let some things go too.
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: I give up - 03/12/13 02:27 AM

Been there many times myself...

look at it as change in direction rather than giving up.

you have to do what you have to do when it is time to do what you have to do.

just look forward and turn the page my friend.

Re: I give up - 03/12/13 04:08 AM

I want to thank everyone for the kind words. Yeah, it's a change in direction. One step forward, ten steps back. Guess that's just how my life is supposed to be. It may be a change of direction, but it's just one in a lifetime of many. So yes, I'm giving up. I've realized that it will never matter how hard I work, my dreams will never come true. I will never have the nice rides that many of you have. But my life will go on just as it always has.

My loss is your gain. I need everything gone ASAP. Make me an offer. If you need something I haven't listed, ask. I might have it. I've also got 2 toolboxes, tools, and an 82 Suzuki motorcycle that all has to go.
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: I give up - 03/12/13 04:24 AM

you sure you want to do that? If you have all the parts, bring it over here, and I'll swap your motor/trans stuff for you. it's all factory type drop in parts, right? shouldn't be too difficult to do, and I wouldn't want much money from ya. at least you'll have a 440 truck to play with.

I'm an hour from Piqua straight across 36, and I have room.

let me know
Posted By: Mopargnome

Re: I give up - 03/12/13 04:45 AM

Quote:

you sure you want to do that? If you have all the parts, bring it over here, and I'll swap your motor/trans stuff for you. it's all factory type drop in parts, right? shouldn't be too difficult to do, and I wouldn't want much money from ya. at least you'll have a 440 truck to play with.

I'm an hour from Piqua straight across 36, and I have room.

let me know

Just another example of some of the great members here. Whether you take him up on it or not, I hope you do what makes you happy. We dont all have nice rides, just dreams like yours.

Re: I give up - 03/12/13 05:54 PM

Tom, thank you so much for the generous offer. That is what is so awesome about Moparts. Members willing to help members. As much as I appreciate what you are willing to do, I have to decline the offer. Although I have most of what's needed for the swap, I just don't have the resources for what else I need or to pay you for doing this. I've made my decision and, as much as it hurts, I just want to get rid of this stuff.

Again, thank you Tom, and also thanks to Mike and everyone else here who has shown their support. Moparts is a wonderful family to be apart of.

Bill
© 2024 Moparts Forums