Moparts

milodon truck pan how much oil

Posted By: 1974PW

milodon truck pan how much oil - 03/09/13 07:31 AM

how many quarts does a milodon truck pan with single line pick up hold?
Posted By: Polarapete

Re: milodon truck pan how much oil - 03/09/13 08:54 AM

Is this for a BB or SB? The info is at the Milodon web site. I am putting a 440 in a Ramcharger to drag race and I have the deepest rear sump Milodon pan that I bought from a moparts member. Buy from Summit or Jegs a new pickup tube if you are going big block. Milodon had a run of bad pickups...the threads were not cut deep enough before the tube was hardend. The distribution system probably has only good ones now. I got an early one and screwed up the block trying to force it in. The metal was so hard my die would not cut it. My solution was to plug the internal and go with an external line and stationary pickup. More money, more fun but cool if you are laying under the truck admiring it.
Posted By: 1974PW

Re: milodon truck pan how much oil - 03/09/13 11:46 PM

yea its on my big block. and i got a single line external pick up. know what the milodon pan holds?
Posted By: dweller

Re: milodon truck pan how much oil - 03/10/13 04:15 AM

8 qts
Posted By: goldmember

Re: milodon truck pan how much oil - 03/10/13 04:19 AM

You need only as much as you need,I run 5.5 in a 10qt pan. Never run more oil than needed,waste of $$ and HP.
Posted By: 76dodgeboy

Re: milodon truck pan how much oil - 03/10/13 04:27 AM

Quote:

You need only as much as you need,I run 5.5 in a 10qt pan. Never run more oil than needed,waste of $$ and HP.

what's the point in a deeper sump pan than. Wasting money buying the pan
Posted By: goldmember

Re: milodon truck pan how much oil - 03/10/13 04:40 AM

Quote:

Quote:

what's the point in a deeper sump pan than. Wasting money buying the pan

LOL for some it is. The point is getting the oil level as far from the rotating assembly as possible. Pretty simple.
© 2024 Moparts Forums