Moparts

UPDATE: bog/hesitation/stumble

Posted By: rnch

UPDATE: bog/hesitation/stumble - 02/18/13 08:30 PM

The power valve/power piston/whatever-da-hale-you-wanna-call-it was worn out in my 318's 2 bbl holley carb.

No hesitation/bog/stumble now!

yayyyyy.
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: UPDATE: bog/hesitation/stumble - 02/18/13 08:39 PM

Those darm whatchamacallits will get you every time..
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: UPDATE: bog/hesitation/stumble - 02/18/13 08:56 PM

did you replace the carb or the power piston doohicky?

what did you do to fix it in other words?

nice to get updates for ?s. did you go 4-v?

spill the beans..
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: UPDATE: bog/hesitation/stumble - 02/18/13 09:26 PM

Glad you found the problem, I`ve been having problems with my D 150 for awhile now it would just stop running and when I race it it would start missing at high rpms, I changed plugs, plug wires , cap and rotor, gas filter, I even put the stock computer back in and still had the same problem. Well today I went to take it out of the trailer ( its winter resting spot) to take it to a body shop to get an estimate on some touch up work and it wouldn`t stay running, it would start run awhile then shut off again, then be hard starting. Years ago I put in an Accel coil I decided to put the stock coil back in to see what would happen, Well it started right up and the miss went away, anybody else have a problem with these coils?

Attached picture 7593720-IMG_0173.JPG
Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: UPDATE: bog/hesitation/stumble - 02/18/13 09:44 PM

I fixed my buddys truck that had problem with an accel coil one time. he had a points style coil on the stock elect.dist/ecu system. gave it a very weak spark and ran ruff all the time.

I fixed it with his stock coil he removed from the truck.

I now have that free accel coil on my points dist in the 88-440 truck.
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: UPDATE: bog/hesitation/stumble - 02/18/13 10:47 PM

Hummmmm, Iv been running my stock coil with my NSD 6. I wonder if I should upgrade to a Blaster coil..
Posted By: poorboy

Re: UPDATE: bog/hesitation/stumble - 02/19/13 01:33 AM

Years ago I lost 2 Accel coils within a couple of months of each other. I put back on a regular coil and have never felt the need for another Accel coil since. Gene
Posted By: dodgeram440

Re: UPDATE: bog/hesitation/stumble - 02/20/13 11:11 PM

I would like more information on just what you did to fix the problem with your truck. I have had a similar problem with my 86 318 since I got it in 2005. I just figured it was part of the Carter BBD/Holley 2BBL curse. I've owned several 318's during the past 30 years and they have all had that stumble/hesitation. I hate those $*#@&! carbs! Eliminating the computer on my truck helped a little, but it still bogs down. If I had the money, I would throw a 4bbl on it in a heartbeat.
© 2024 Moparts Forums