Moparts

pics of my midnite express

Posted By: chargers777

pics of my midnite express - 01/13/13 03:19 AM

We built this truck our way and too have fun.440 with headers and aluminum intake 4 speed od with hurst pistol grip shifter lakewood bellhousing with mcleod steel flywheel and 12 inch mcleod clutch.Very fun to drive.We painted the dash and door panels in matching gold.We installed ramcharger seats and console.I did the paint and mechanical.My wife cut the wood and did the decals.My daughter stained the wood and my 68 year old mom helped wet sand and mask.Talk about quality family time!Hope ya like it.

Attached picture 7544360-027.JPG

Re: pics of my midnite express - 01/13/13 03:26 AM

another

Attached picture 7544370-028.JPG

Re: pics of my midnite express - 01/13/13 03:30 AM

interior

Attached picture 7544375-035.JPG
Posted By: stumpy

Re: pics of my midnite express - 01/13/13 03:43 AM

Nice family project.
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: pics of my midnite express - 01/13/13 03:53 AM

Nice Truck!
Posted By: Webster

Re: pics of my midnite express - 01/13/13 06:22 AM

Real Nice Truck!!!
Posted By: redraptor

Re: pics of my midnite express - 01/13/13 01:07 PM

Very nice. You should have alot of fun.
Posted By: bigblock340power

Re: pics of my midnite express - 01/13/13 02:37 PM

Ya think if I bring mine by, you all could get it to look that good? Please please please......... just needs a bit of , and

Posted By: scratchnfotraction

Re: pics of my midnite express - 01/13/13 02:58 PM

Quote:

We built this truck our way and too have fun.440 with headers and aluminum intake 4 speed od with hurst pistol grip shifter lakewood bellhousing with mcleod steel flywheel and 12 inch mcleod clutch.Very fun to drive.We painted the dash and door panels in matching gold.We installed ramcharger seats and console.I did the paint and mechanical.My wife cut the wood and did the decals.My daughter stained the wood and my 68 year old mom helped wet sand and mask.Talk about quality family time!Hope ya like it.

now thats family time well spent. well done by everyone!

hope to see more of it. any burnout pics with mom in it yet??
Posted By: MachoMan

Re: pics of my midnite express - 01/13/13 06:49 PM

Only thing i can say is and hope you have lots of so you can

Re: pics of my midnite express - 01/13/13 08:31 PM

No burnout pics of mom yet but you can see her at mopar nats helping me sell extra parts lol.She is all mopar.
Posted By: 85_Ram_4speed

Re: pics of my midnite express - 01/13/13 08:43 PM

I like it. Mostly because its built on your own ideas. There are just so many you can restore to stocck and its nice to see a break to be different once in awhile.
Posted By: basketcase

Re: pics of my midnite express - 01/14/13 12:45 AM

Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: pics of my midnite express - 01/14/13 01:03 AM

Cool truck! How does it sound with the stacks?
Posted By: Golden-Arm

Re: pics of my midnite express - 01/14/13 01:14 AM

not too shabby!!

Re: pics of my midnite express - 01/14/13 02:41 AM

Those are not your typical lil red stacks.Those were bought at jegs for about 1/3 the price of original stacks.The muffler is built in.They sound very throaty but not too loud on the freeway.This truck was built on a budget with lots of shopping and research.The rims wre bought at jegs buy 3 and get 1 free.They wre under 300.00 delivered.The truck was almost down when I got sidelined with an obstucted bowel.I had emergency surgery followed by 10 days in the hospital.I am just now putting the finishing touches on the truck and with a new appreciation of God life family and friends.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: pics of my midnite express - 01/14/13 06:26 PM

Quote:

Those are not your typical lil red stacks.Those were bought at jegs for about 1/3 the price of original stacks.The muffler is built in.They sound very throaty but not too loud on the freeway.This truck was built on a budget with lots of shopping and research.The rims wre bought at jegs buy 3 and get 1 free.They wre under 300.00 delivered.The truck was almost down when I got sidelined with an obstucted bowel.I had emergency surgery followed by 10 days in the hospital.I am just now putting the finishing touches on the truck and with a new appreciation of God life family and friends.

That last line, my friend, is the purpose of life. The next thing you will realize is your "family" is a lot bigger then you originally thought.

The truck project is cool! Just make sure it doesn't become more then an excuse to spend time with your family and friends. Gene
Posted By: QuickDodge

Re: pics of my midnite express - 01/15/13 01:44 AM

Great story and truck!
Posted By: 300maximilien

Re: pics of my midnite express - 01/18/13 02:45 AM

Very cool MNE! IF you ever drive it up Cleveland way let me know..
Posted By: JD340

Re: pics of my midnite express - 01/20/13 05:06 AM

Definitely gets a from me! Looks like a very fun ride.
Posted By: ChallengerGary

Re: pics of my midnite express - 01/23/13 09:29 PM

Sweet!
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: pics of my midnite express - 02/02/13 10:54 AM

Awesome truck! Is it an original Express truck? Not that it really matters, yours is probably cooler than the way the factory built them!
Posted By: Robbins

Re: pics of my midnite express - 02/02/13 03:07 PM

You've guys have done a nice job with it that's for sure. What gears are you running....I'm interested in mileage of it also?
Posted By: VL21

Re: pics of my midnite express - 02/02/13 03:48 PM

Quote:

another

Nice truck and I am crazy envious of your garage!

Is this an inside view?

Attached picture 7571500-B25assemblyline.jpg

Re: pics of my midnite express - 02/03/13 03:02 AM

Thanks its a 10 car amish built garage with an upstairs loft.We hope to finish the loft into a car/game room.The truck is not a true MNE.I havent got gas mileage figures yet as I am recovering from surgery.The fun for us is building them the way we want and to have fun with them.
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: pics of my midnite express - 02/03/13 08:31 AM

Quote:

The fun for us is building them the way we want and to have fun with them.

Couldn't agree more.
© 2024 Moparts Forums