Why do people still do this? Another runied Challenger

Posted By: Dart 500

Why do people still do this? Another runied Challenger - 03/07/24 07:25 PM

shruggy

Attached picture c1.jpg
Attached picture c2.jpg
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Why do people still do this? Another runied Challenger - 03/07/24 07:37 PM

They do it because they own it. They do it because they used there money to purchase the car.

We all can build our cars as we like. Some just cant understand that. Some get praise and some get scorned.

Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Why do people still do this? Another runied Challenger - 03/07/24 07:56 PM

Mr. Norms Garage is to blame, we started doing it first. Besides they made 775,675 Challengers between 2008 and 2024. And they are a modern car that probably half will be totaled by 2025... laugh2 Here is a picture of me driving it up to the Barrett-Jackson block to lose money on... frown

Attached picture 2009 Mr. Norms Cuda at BJ.jpg
Posted By: topside

Re: Why do people still do this? Another runied Challenger - 03/07/24 09:24 PM

I've seen WAY worse than the green car or the yellow one.
To my eye, the flares on the green one fight the rest of the body lines.

Aesthetic sense isn't common, and to an extent it's subjective, but as the saying goes, "beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder"...or something...
So, as the World Authority on such matters... laugh2
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Why do people still do this? Another runied Challenger - 03/07/24 10:04 PM

The flares kill it for me too, of course I haven't liked the widebody look on anything. At least we removed the Challenger bump and made ours look more like a 'Cuda...

Attached picture 2009 Challenger convertibles.jpg
Posted By: wingman

Re: Why do people still do this? Another runied Challenger - 03/07/24 10:26 PM

The green one looks a bit like one of those AI drawings to me.

They are getting harder to spot but it just has that look about it. The reflections look weird. Have you seen this car in real life?

Have you seen all the "cars" in this article?

https://www.motortrend.com/features/ai-generated-classic-muscle-cars-that-never-existed/

I know it's hard to believe, but just because you saw it on the internet don't make it true.
Posted By: hemi71x

Re: Why do people still do this? Another runied Challenger - 03/07/24 10:39 PM

I kinda like that one.
But never really was a fan of those billboard decals.
Had a 71 Cuda for 39 years before i sold it off.
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Why do people still do this? Another runied Challenger - 03/08/24 12:03 AM

Wow! That looks horrible.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Why do people still do this? Another runied Challenger - 03/08/24 02:03 AM

It looks like it was shortened with photoshop.
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Why do people still do this? Another runied Challenger - 03/08/24 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by stumpy
It looks like it was shortened with photoshop.

Looks pudgy..... sick

However, any of these 'Cuda bastardizations look better to me than the Superbird/Daytona things someone made...... puke

Attached picture puke.JPG
Posted By: A12

Re: Why do people still do this? Another runied Challenger - 03/08/24 03:14 AM

I wouldn't mind having this SRT8 with a '69 GREEN Road Runner body on it. Would change the wheels though.

Attached picture rear-3-4-of-a-1969-plymouth-road-runner-color-parked-in-front-of-a-wall.jpg
Attached picture photography-by-jeff-koch.jpg
Attached picture steering-wheel-interior-seats-dash-or-a-1969-plymouth-road-runner-color.jpg
Attached picture modified-engine-bay-of-a-1969-plymouth-road-runner-color-6-1l-hemi.jpg
Posted By: rdrnr6970

Re: Why do people still do this? Another runied Challenger - 03/08/24 12:27 PM

As a roadrunner nut having owned 3 over the years,I have to say I like this roadrunner.The only thing I would change is the steering wheel.
Posted By: Sniper

Re: Why do people still do this? Another runied Challenger - 03/08/24 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mr PotatoHead
They do it because they own it. They do it because they used there money to purchase the car.

We all can build our cars as we like. Some just cant understand that. Some get praise and some get scorned.

Exactly, the real crime happening here is people that whine and moan about what others do with their own property and money. Don't like it? No one is telling you that you have to do it, but boy oh boy are you wanting to tell them they can't.Stick in your own lane and mind your own business.
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: Why do people still do this? Another runied Challenger - 03/09/24 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mr PotatoHead

iagree
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: Why do people still do this? Another runied Challenger - 03/10/24 02:40 AM

Nothing wro0ng with it, but with that said, these cars just don't do anything for me as a whole.
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: Why do people still do this? Another runied Challenger - 03/10/24 03:05 AM

The roof is way out of proportion for the early car look. Bring the windshield back into the body and it will work, I have a 15 SRT and been comparing it to my 72 Cuda. My guess is they wanted more back seat room in the new car. Also the new doors are way to tall to look right, just leave it alone unless you’re very good with a knife.
© 2024 Moparts Forums