Moparts

What car shows r you going to this year?

Posted By: rdrnr6970

What car shows r you going to this year? - 03/07/24 01:18 PM

We will be going to The Red,White and Blue Berry Festival ....Chryslers at Carlisle and MCACN ...So what car shows are you going to? drive
Posted By: rrbrucea

Re: What car shows r you going to this year? - 03/07/24 01:30 PM

Definitely Carlisle of course, but here in North Carolina, there are a couple really good Mopar shows at Rockingham and Farmington. I never miss those. đź‘Ť

Re: What car shows r you going to this year? - 03/07/24 02:34 PM

Sounds cool ,gonna have to check em out if we can,thanks!Looks like its gonna be the 50th Anniversary of Carlise with celebratory events!And in building T theyll have factory High Impact color cars and trucks and cars with Old School wild custom paint jobs. boogieAlso a 55 year celebration of A12 440 six pack cars. penguin drive
Posted By: 56_Royal_Lancer

Re: What car shows r you going to this year? - 03/07/24 02:51 PM

The usual stuff: local shows, Mopar Nats, Etc. The wife and I are trying to hit one major every year, though. Last year it was Monterey Car Week and the Pebble Beach Concours d Elegance, this year it will be Woodward. Maybe save up and hit Goodwood in a couple years.
Posted By: GY3

Re: What car shows r you going to this year? - 03/07/24 03:15 PM

The only car show I really care about going to anymore is The Gathering at Woolaroc in Oklahoma.

Take the best 4-5 cars you see at any show and put them all together at once and this is the quality of ALL of them and they do a big cruise through the countryside before the show. It started out as mostly early '32-'34 Fords but has evolved into including other makes and models.

It's in the hills of Oklahoma at Frank Phillips (of Phillips Petroleum) old ranch. The museum and exotic animals on site is will worth the cost of admission.

Attached picture commora 5 window.jpg
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: What car shows r you going to this year? - 03/07/24 03:32 PM

Same old same old over the last few decades plus a few other newer ones.

Muscle Cars at the Strip Las Vegas
Mopars in the Park Minneapolis
Mopars at the Park Fox Lake, IL
Belvidere Mopar Happening Belvidere, IL
Carlisle All-Chrysler Nationals
Mopar Nationals
Holley Moparty Bowling Green, KY
Mopars on the Mississippi Dubuque, IA
Mopars at Garlits Ocala, FL
MCACN Rosemont, IL

Sometimes:

Mopars at the Red Barns Kalamazoo, MI
Mopars/AMC reunion Great Lakes Dragaway
Mecum Auctions, great car shows...LOL..
Various local shows and NHRA races..
Posted By: tboomer

Re: What car shows r you going to this year? - 03/07/24 03:36 PM

See ya at Mopars on the Mississippi! wave
Posted By: rrbrucea

Re: What car shows r you going to this year? - 03/07/24 03:37 PM

Here's some information/dates for those shows in NC:

https://rockinghamdragway.com/schedule/2024/mopars/

https://farmingtondragway.com
May 11-Annual Piedmont Mopar Club “FUN RUN” Race & Show

Hate that Farmington doesn't have a link on their site specific to the Mopar show, because it's always a really good show. And yeah, that show is ALWAYS the Saturday right before Mother's Day on Sunday.
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: What car shows r you going to this year? - 03/07/24 03:53 PM

Since I am mainly a drag racer thats my priority but I will be bringing my D150 to : Boonton Main Street show , Califon Mopar Show , Island Dragways Mopars at the Patch , Chryslers at Carlisle and a few local cruises

Re: What car shows r you going to this year? - 03/07/24 06:31 PM

Wow everyone goes to alot of great shows!I The one thing I didn't see On The Chryslers at Carlisle website was if their gonna have the one building for mopar collectables that we can display our collectables in.But it looks like its gone be a great show!I sent Ed a question about it so we'll see. drive

Re: What car shows r you going to this year? - 03/19/24 01:56 PM

Muscle Cars at The Strip just happened this weekend looks like a cool show,and they giveaway a car too!Anybody been to this show? drive
Posted By: BloFish

Re: What car shows r you going to this year? - 03/19/24 03:57 PM

Kool April Nights for sure!
Posted By: moparx

Re: What car shows r you going to this year? - 03/19/24 04:09 PM

i'm not a show kind of guy, although i plan on going to a few local ones since i [FINALLY laugh2] got my car back in operation late last year from a slumber starting in 2006.
and i plan to "let the beating begin anew"................... boogie
a couple of things i'm doing, repairing the battery box area where rust has taken it's toll from battery outgassing, new carpet, new driveshaft, and a driveshaft safety loop. i would like to clean up and paint under the hood, but that will probably have to wait until next year.
this thing will never be restored in my lifetime, although the only "good thing" about my car is it only has [almost] 19k original miles.
however, most of those miles were brutally put on by me. panic biggrin
beer
Posted By: Dabee

Re: What car shows r you going to this year? - 03/19/24 05:23 PM

Cruisin the Coast Gulfport MS. Cherokee rod run Cherokee N C and of course the fall and spring rod run in Pigeon Forge TN.
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: What car shows r you going to this year? - 03/19/24 06:56 PM

Woodward Cruise/Donut Cutter cruise in
Mopar's at the Red Barns
N.O.M.C. show/Swap meet at the old Packard Proving grounds

EDIT*** Frankenmuth Auto Fest in September up
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: What car shows r you going to this year? - 03/20/24 03:17 AM

none, I'll be at the dragstrip or working on one of my new(to me) drag cars to make them faster and quicker boogieup grin
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: What car shows r you going to this year? - 03/20/24 10:19 PM

ith more than 2,500 cars, Lehigh Valley’s Das Awkscht Fescht (August 4-6, 2023) is one of the country's largest antique and classic car shows held at Macungie Memorial Park each summer. Celebrating more than 50 years, it has become a family tradition for all ages offering three fun-packed days in the great outdoors.

Each year the festival celebrates with live music, children's entertainment and activities, artisans, three toy shows, and a 30-minute fireworks show, Saturday. It's fun for the whole family! The children's area will entertain the little ones for hours with activities, such as face painting, as well as entertainment, including jugglers, magicians and clowns. Don't miss indoor & outdoor toy shows in conjunction with Das Awkscht Fescht.

Visitors won’t go hungry with Pennsylvania Dutch favorites such as funnel cakes, shoofly pie, and hot dogs with sauerkraut, in addition to regular festival fare such as waffles and ice cream, chicken wraps, pierogies, and baked goods are available.

On Sunday, the festival holds a salute to America's veterans, including discounted entrance tickets for men and women who show military or veterans identification.

Re: What car shows r you going to this year? - 03/24/24 04:32 PM

Sounds like a great event 05dakota!Thanks for sharing it! drive

Re: What car shows r you going to this year? - 03/27/24 02:43 PM

Watching a video for Chryslers on The Murray.It looks like a great lots a mix of Chryslers,I think it's in Australia. up drive

Re: What car shows r you going to this year? - 05/10/24 12:36 PM

Since we have a jeep now,we're going to go to the Jeep Invasion in Wildwood NJ Looks like alot of fun and you can park on the beach and be by the water!Since we're going to Wildwood looks like we won't be going to Chryslers at Carlisle this year,hope people take some good pics! drive
Posted By: 67SATisfaction

Re: What car shows r you going to this year? - 05/10/24 01:29 PM

It seems like there are more and more shows, cruise-ins, cars & coffees, more social media ... it feels harder and harder each year to decide which ones to prioritize..

This year my goal is to relax more, just drive more and get away from crowds...

..but I'll do the local Wednesday evening Leadfoot Lucy cruise-in to benefit St.Jude's Children's Hospital and see familiar faces..
...Hemmings has some Thursday evening meets in Bennington, VT and the lawn shows at Saratoga Automobile Museum are relaxing.. ..
... in July I'll go to Amsterdam, NY for a friend's fundraiser in support of Veteran's Services..

I can't do the New England Moparts Cruise this June due to conflicts on both the first weekends.. sadly I'll miss Brenda and Rick's Mopar BBQ in Rindge, NH on June 8th.

Took the '67 out on Monday and happened to meet a '67 GTX owner also out for a drive.. he pulled over, we met and talked... that's more like what I'm looking for this summer.
- Art

Attached picture FE914393-93E1-439A-98E2-10EF6F362348.jpeg
Attached picture 5A470A50-4C61-46D8-9C38-07CE60FE4533.jpeg

Re: What car shows r you going to this year? - 05/11/24 08:29 PM

Great story 67 nice picks cool 67 plymouths I hear ya!Thanks for sharing it! drive
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: What car shows r you going to this year? - 05/11/24 10:42 PM

the NHOA gathering is next weekend in Browsburg Indiana

I plan to be there with mine

Re: What car shows r you going to this year? - 05/12/24 12:00 PM

I went to a Truck Show and race at my local track yesterday .. Island Dragway and Won First place in the show for best gas p/u with my D150.. next up is Mopars at Califon then Chryslers at Carlisle

Re: What car shows r you going to this year? - 05/12/24 03:25 PM

Cool !sounds like a great show.If you get some pics maybe you can post them here.Hope you have a great show. up drive

Re: What car shows r you going to this year? - 05/12/24 03:58 PM

11sec congrats on winning 1st place with you're truck! bow boogie drive

Re: What car shows r you going to this year? - 05/12/24 04:39 PM

Thanks

Attached picture IMG_0209.jpeg

Re: What car shows r you going to this year? - 05/12/24 05:12 PM

Cool! up
© 2024 Moparts Forums