Moparts

the soldier and his demon 170

Posted By: theraif

the soldier and his demon 170 - 01/05/24 04:45 PM

a few vids on youtube about it , he is deployed and with money down 50k over sticker and i guess the window sticker even has his name on it his wife was to pick up in a few days but the dealer ship (or just the salesmen) sold it for 100k over i believe to some one else ,
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=soldier+and+demon+170
Posted By: 1fastrunner

Re: the soldier and his demon 170 - 01/05/24 04:51 PM

Saw this story the other day, glad Tim K took care of the situation. But I feel they should have done something to the dealer, like take away their franchise...
Posted By: rdrnr6970

Re: the soldier and his demon 170 - 01/05/24 07:46 PM

Wow what a story thanks for sharing it!As a fellow vet I have to say great for him!When you're deployed and you're thinking not only of your family but when you get home there's something waiting in you're driveway for you like a Demon 170 it just adds to you're positivity!God Bless him and his family!And the he'll with the dealer! drive
Posted By: stumpy

Re: the soldier and his demon 170 - 01/05/24 08:35 PM

Just one question. What will the VIN read as to factory delivered color? Will this car be noted as a color change and what will that do to the value? I am glad it worked out.
Posted By: abodyjoe

Re: the soldier and his demon 170 - 01/05/24 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by 1fastrunner
But I feel they should have done something to the dealer, like take away their franchise...

something should have been done.

not sure if it true or not but i did read on a forum or comments to an article that many involved with that garbage at the dealershit were fired.. like i said, i'm not sure if it was true or not.
Posted By: 2boltmain

Re: the soldier and his demon 170 - 01/06/24 01:47 PM

The way dealership staff is paid really promotes dishonesty. Being paid a sales commission on the total amount financed/paid for a vehicle motivates ALL INVOLVED to blow up the price way beyond what's rational and reasonable. And yes, shame on the public for agreeing to pay inflated prices. I have a 30 year of coworker whos father bought a new truck in 2022. This man had his own financing. The salesman could not talk this man into using one of the dealership lenders. The salesman knew and called the customers son- my coworker Josh and offered him $150 in Amazon gift cards if he could talk his father- the customer into using a dealership lender. It did not work and only angered the customer. There was a company- that while it existed had the correct template for selling new cars in my opinion. The Saturn S series while far from perfect was sold by NON commission based staff. The price in the window- plus tax and Lic was what you would pay to own one. No hours with the salesperson and another hour with the finance manager.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: the soldier and his demon 170 - 01/08/24 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by abodyjoe
Originally Posted by 1fastrunner
But I feel they should have done something to the dealer, like take away their franchise...

something should have been done.

not sure if it true or not but i did read on a forum or comments to an article that many involved with that garbage at the dealershit were fired.. like i said, i'm not sure if it was true or not.

I read something about it I think on facistbook this AM , someone at the corporate level at the dealer put out a release , the original car is back in the hands of the dealership to go to the soldier if he still wants it and the GM , sales manager and the salesweasel at the dealership were terminated, then something about money to a charity of some sort .
© 2024 Moparts Forums