Moparts

How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner.

Posted By: GY3

How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/14/23 03:27 AM

https://youtu.be/RHnbEuyeAek?si=d2d8Na3vHvxoi9m-

shocked
Posted By: PhillyRag

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/14/23 03:41 AM

Belongs in LA with other low riders.
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/14/23 03:46 AM

Aren't stupid rich people fun to watch?!?
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/14/23 03:58 AM

Honestly, this bothers me more than the wrecked '68 GTX posted elsewhere. As horrific as the accident was, it was an accident. This thing someone put thought into.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/14/23 04:49 AM

Dat would be a "pendaehoa"(SP?) AKA Spanish for dumb ass down
Probably spends too much time with the Hollywood types haha down tsk
Posted By: A12

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/14/23 04:54 AM

Doesn't bother me that much after skimming through the video because all I think I saw was about 10% if even that of an original Road Runner and they made over 84,000 '69 of them. Maybe the roof and the grille (which both are re-popped anyway) are real OE Road Runner but the rest just fabbed sheet metal. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery they say so in "retrospect" (pun intended) it's kind of nice that someone considers a '69 Road Runner silhouette a pleasing and bad@$$ style. Shoot it could be a Chevelle restomod with an LS engine puke Besides I didn't spend a dime on it and Road Runners RULE punkrocka laugh2
Posted By: 6PAX

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/14/23 12:02 PM

That is hideous.
Posted By: rdrnr6970

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/14/23 12:30 PM

Well ehhhhh errrrrf down smoke
Posted By: Stanton

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/14/23 12:53 PM

Not much about it I like !! The front and rear treatment look like a last minute design.
Posted By: 2boltmain

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/14/23 01:11 PM

Rich person who probably doesn't know how to check an engines oil level watched some 2010 era TV car build shows. Inspired he had a TV type hyped car built for himself.
Posted By: 65pacecar

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/14/23 02:14 PM

That’s as bad as the Kindig R/T mess.
Posted By: 19swinger70

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/14/23 02:16 PM

I'm the type of car guy that has no idea what "The Riddler" is. (and I'm cool with that)

No interest in these type of builds.
Posted By: Stanton

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/14/23 02:30 PM

Some of the things I HATE ... the rake of the roof, the back end, the front end, the raised body lines
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/14/23 03:06 PM

This needs to be in the other section so honest opinions can be expressed.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/14/23 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by SattyNoCar

Honestly, this bothers me more than the wrecked '68 GTX posted elsewhere. As horrific as the accident was, it was an accident. This thing someone put thought into.

Scary huh! I don't really like anything about it.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/14/23 04:11 PM

puke
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/14/23 04:20 PM

Thinking about the conversation between the owner (?) and the "expert custom car builder" doing the interview and seeing how many "custom" cars he has stack on storage shelfs in his shop tells me that his "creations" don't sell well haha hammer
I wonder what his side job is to finance the "custom car building shop" work tskwhistling work devil
Posted By: Moparite

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/14/23 04:48 PM

I'm the type of car guy that has no idea what "The Riddler" is.

It's a prestigious award, And that's what they where trying for when they built it. They don't care how rare or what it is. Same as most of the stuff Foose builds. What really pisses me off is when they remove the side marker lights. Some may like this style but not mopar purist like me. down
Posted By: moparx

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/14/23 05:37 PM

i'll bet that thing rides like a "stone boat".
beer
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/14/23 05:39 PM

So this is What Happens when someone watches to much Foose and Kindig on TV.
Posted By: Neil

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/14/23 06:21 PM

Pro Touring stuff has long jumped the shark and now guys are just making stuff that doesn't even look right just to be different. They don't want to do a restoration because if your a custom hot rod shop trying to set yourself apart and stay trendy it's hard to get any publicity doing those.
Posted By: Mr T2U

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/14/23 08:50 PM

looks like dog do do.
reminds me of a cracker jack box with, wheels t/ights, grill and h/lamps with a somewhat curved roof bonded on.

to each their own on looks.
some people thought the Pontiac Aztek looked good. compared to this car it actually does.
Posted By: Roadcuda

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/14/23 10:23 PM

That's not a Road Runner anymore. Everything that makes a Road Runner is gone.
Posted By: roadrunninMark

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/14/23 11:41 PM

How do you even make a sharp turn in that? It looks like they can only turn the front wheels partially before the tire hits the fender?
Posted By: poorboy

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/15/23 04:08 AM

Not my car, so my opinion doesn't matter. If the guy that spent the money got what he wanted, all is good.

Good thing it isn't my car.
Posted By: That AMC Guy

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/15/23 08:25 AM

Reminds me of that Prestone Javelin where they literally ruined every "cool" styling feature of the car. Modernizing vintage designs adds nothing to them. They are of their time and timeless. These kids that think they can make things "better" because they use "new" parts are.... well, out of their minds.

It's like the kid that "doesn't understand" a carburetor and refuses to buy a $30 rebuild kit, but he will throw a $4000 dollar fuel-injection system at the thing and it still won't run properly.
Posted By: 2boltmain

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/15/23 01:06 PM

Just like when they converted Project X to all electric. A build done to showcase advertisers products for a viewing audience that knows NOTHING about muscle cars.
Posted By: moparjim79

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/15/23 02:05 PM

I remember 10 to 15? years ago seeing this pop up in mopar collectors guide. The car was in the early build stages and apparently, if memory serves, the grille cost $150 grand to make. To each their own, but man, you could probably get a few cars back on the road somewhat nicely for that kind of scratch.
Posted By: ChryCoGuy

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/15/23 02:31 PM

Can't say it really bothers me when somebody spends their money to build their car anyway they want to. Sounds like 'freedom' to me.

That said, just like that pro street fin car in another thread, it doesn't really appeal to me, and I certainly could find a better use for $1M, if I had it... grin
Posted By: theraif

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/15/23 03:10 PM

i didnt watch all of it but it sound like he didnt use anything from the red one pictured
Posted By: Dabee

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/15/23 06:19 PM

Why did they need a RR to start with? They built a custom chassis, all the sheet metal is hand formed. Could have used any old beat up B body and end up with the same ugly duck. Destroy a good car just to get a vin? More money than brains.
Posted By: Dart 500

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/15/23 10:04 PM

Ring brothers wanna be
Posted By: modelmakerinc

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/16/23 08:19 PM

Some of the things I HATE ... the rake of the roof, the back end, the front end, the raised body lines
good start to a much longer list. the rake in the roof makes the car look front high. the hood/fender line to roof line are competing not accentuating. pukepukepukepukepukepuke
Posted By: calmopar

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/16/23 11:17 PM

$1 million is just too much for that. Why not build your own supercar?
Posted By: 71GTX471

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/16/23 11:42 PM

Dat chit iz bad azz.
Posted By: Dart 500

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/17/23 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Neil
Pro Touring stuff has long jumped the shark and now guys are just making stuff that doesn't even look right just to be different. They don't want to do a restoration because if your a custom hot rod shop trying to set yourself apart and stay trendy it's hard to get any publicity doing those.

Pro touring cars have wicked good handling, modern engines with EFI, 6-speed manuals and tasteful added touches while keeping the vintage look. That RR is not pro touring, its a money is no object 90's street rodders attempt at doing a muscle car.
Posted By: Neil

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/17/23 01:38 AM

I would call it a pro-touring themed show car. It's what some pro touring guys would want to build if they had that kind of money to spend.
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/17/23 02:36 AM

The Jesse James Polara is another one.

Having been involved in a Pro Touring/Restomod shop environment for a while in the past, and some cars done just for SEMA, I have mixed feelings. The fabrication part of it is fun, but I really don't like the over the top customs. There were some real clowns doing that work back in the day. Most of them didn't last long.

Costs a lot of money to do a car like that. Someone had to bankroll that thing. And when you're done, most likely you aren't going to take it out and have fun with it. It will just sit and be looked at.

I preferred doing cars that were a nicely done restoration masquerading as a modern muscle car that people actually drove and enjoyed. And beat on when they felt like it.

I just don't think I would want to own one unless I had a pile of money I didn't know what to do with. A lot of fun just to take out and run around in though.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/17/23 01:58 PM

Just awful. Like someone said already, why did they need an actual road runner to start this build with?
Posted By: abodyjoe

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/17/23 05:08 PM

i'm not a fan of the front end or rear end treatment but man everything else works for me.. much better then a boring stock restoration..
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/17/23 05:13 PM

They absolutely had to trash a road runner because they have no clue what a belvedere or satellite is.

The normal ignorant train of thought being: anything other than a road runner must be some kind of 4 door sedan or whatever.
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/17/23 07:03 PM

I would rather own the 4 door Barracuda
Posted By: rrbrucea

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/17/23 07:21 PM

A perfect example of "just because you can, doesn't mean you SHOULD."
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/17/23 09:33 PM

I like the car, and it should place very high in the awards for builds. The only things that I don't think were properly done was the bumpers. If he a focus group together and had different opinions and renders of those pieces, I'm pretty sure it would be in the top five for builds Nationally. The wheel being somewhat original in design, could have been profiled smaller. If those pieces had been constructed differently, I believe most people on here might like the car a bit more.

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/17/23 09:45 PM

Only in Cali maybe... the land of twisted reality.
Posted By: calmopar

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/17/23 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mr PotatoHead

You do realize that there's a specific forum for those types of comments. shruggy

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/18/23 01:04 AM

chipfoose.com shruggy

No harm meant. Many of these extreme rigs fit the ultra rich Cali residents tastes I thought.

Originally Posted by calmopar
Originally Posted by Mr PotatoHead

You do realize that there's a specific forum for those types of comments. shruggy
Posted By: Mr T2U

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/20/23 12:46 AM

and it's going to the SEMA show.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/autos/million-dollar-1969-plymouth-roadrunner-213036440.html
Posted By: A12

Re: How to waste $1 million and destroy a nice Roadrunner. - 10/25/23 01:23 AM

Less than $1 million to build and much better way to go IMO. I'd buy it if I had the money but he probably wants a million and a half laugh2

Saw it about a year ago (I think) on Mecum or ?? and at first I thought it was a '69 RR and not really a restomod. Pretty cool for me at least.

© 2024 Moparts Forums