Moparts

Emergency test alert Wednesday

Posted By: DaveRS23

Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/01/23 02:25 PM

'Get ready to not freak out. On Wednesday, October 4 at 2:20 p.m. ET, every TV, radio and cellphone in the United States should blare out the distinctive, jarring electronic warning tone of an emergency alert.

It's a test – only a test.

Officially, the trial is called the Nationwide Emergency Alert Test. You know it's a test and not an actual emergency because it's accompanied by an explanation of the test.

No, it's not a national conspiracy to infect people with nanoparticles. Yes, it does go back all the way to the Cold War in the 1950s. No, we can't play you the tone – we could get hit with a big fine if we did.

But mostly the test is an important way to make sure that if something really bad – and really big – happens, Americans can be warned quickly.

The alert will air at the same moment across every time zone in the country starting at 2:20 p.m. ET on Wednesday, Oct. 4. The time will vary across time zones, so look to see when you might be alerted.

2:20 p.m. ET
1:20 p.m. CT
12:20 p.m. MT
11:20 a.m. PDT
10:20 a.m. ADT
8:20 a.m. HST

The test is scheduled to last approximately one minute. It will only go out once, there will be no repeats.

www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2023/10/01/emergency-alert-test-what-to-know/70981620007
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/01/23 03:38 PM

The 5G microchips some of us have implanted are not going to repsond well to this.
Posted By: topside

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/01/23 04:09 PM

^^^ laugh2
Posted By: CrazyD

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/01/23 04:33 PM

We are not the only ones performing first-time nationwide tests next week...

Russia Nationwide Drills
Posted By: jcc

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/01/23 04:38 PM

Meaning, a great time to mount a real attack I suppose? work

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/01/23 04:47 PM

'If your phone is set to WiFi or airplane mode, it won't receive the alert because the message goes out over the cellular broadcast system.'

Maybe we need Wi-Fi or airplane mode for our 'chips?
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/01/23 07:57 PM

We get test once per week I think
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/02/23 02:48 AM

That is great, because the emergency warning system worked so well for the people in Maui. tsk stirthepot
Posted By: Charger727

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/02/23 01:43 PM

Thanks for the notice! Time to check if I have enough tin foil....

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/02/23 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Charger727
Thanks for the notice! Time to check if I have enough tin foil....

Worked almost as good at the refinery here.
Posted By: GY3

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/02/23 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by poorboy
That is great, because the emergency warning system worked so well for the people in Maui. tsk stirthepot

Not much a warning will do for you when you have 60 mph winds driving the flames across the island.
Posted By: 360view

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/02/23 05:40 PM

Why not have it on April 1
Posted By: IMGTX

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/02/23 09:59 PM

That is also National Taco day according to my local Mexican restaurant....

Simple coincidence or Nefarious collaboration????

Hmmmmm.

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/03/23 12:41 AM

I'm going to be prepared, I'm shutting my phone, TV, and radio off between noon and about 4 pm. I expect its going to be the best time of the day, nothing is going to be interrupted. .
Posted By: Jer

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/03/23 01:13 AM

I'm going to be prepared, I'm shutting my phone, TV, and radio off between noon and about 4 pm.
Same..... compete power-down here. Not to sound conspiratorial, but this part had me wondering about the real reason for this 'alert': "In case the Oct. 4 test is postponed due to widespread severe weather or other significant events, the back-up testing date is Oct. 11. " Wait a minute, isn't this a test to determine the effectiveness of the two systems IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY?? Yet bad weather will postpone the tests...... hmmmm.... never trust FEMA.
Posted By: dart games

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/03/23 01:22 AM

there saying turn off your phone.pull the battery if you can or put your phone in the micro wave.they say if you shut it off you can still recd it.is this a test to see if we turn into zombies of if they can control us.you can put it in air plane mode.something fishy about this because of fema and our goverment that i dont trust
Posted By: John Brown

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/03/23 03:29 AM

Might want to just pop it in a three cornered pyramid for the duration. whistling
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/03/23 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by dart games
there saying turn off your phone.pull the battery if you can or put your phone in the micro wave.they say if you shut it off you can still recd it.is this a test to see if we turn into zombies of if they can control us.you can put it in air plane mode.something fishy about this because of fema and our goverment that i dont trust

We shall see. Lots of chatter about 5G & those vaxxxxxxxxxxxxxd. If you haven't heard about this yet, you are not following the current affairs.
Posted By: ChryCoGuy

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/03/23 12:08 PM

Sounds like there's a conspiracy to keep people safe in the event of an emergency... work
Posted By: wingman

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/03/23 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jer
I'm going to be prepared, I'm shutting my phone, TV, and radio off between noon and about 4 pm.
Same..... compete power-down here. Not to sound conspiratorial, but this part had me wondering about the real reason for this 'alert': "In case the Oct. 4 test is postponed due to widespread severe weather or other significant events, the back-up testing date is Oct. 11. " Wait a minute, isn't this a test to determine the effectiveness of the two systems IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY?? Yet bad weather will postpone the tests...... hmmmm.... never trust FEMA.

"Not to sound conspiratorial.." Proceeds to sound conspiratorial....

Cancelling drills for real-world weather events is perfectly normal.

They have been testing tornado sirens around here on the first Monday of the month for the past 40 years. But if there is a chance of severe weather on the first Monday they will cancel the test so people don't confuse the test with the real thing and mistakenly ignore it.

My goodness some of you guys need to put away the tin foil. What the heck is shutting off you radios going to do? Keep the mind control waves out of your cerebellum?

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/04/23 12:22 AM

Yea, I'm shutting everything off, but then there is one of those new 5G towers about 150' from where I'm sitting right now.

I shut my computer off for the YK 2,000 too. Nothing happened to it when the new century rolled around.... whistling

Maybe I'm just using this as an excuse to disconnect from the world for a few hours.
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/04/23 12:49 AM

My phone will be dead in airplane mode and in a microwave. Cable will be unhooked too. Anything else?
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/04/23 03:41 AM

Considering the idiot in charge here, I'm actually thankful for any warnings.....just in case the idiots over in N. Korea or Russia decide to pull stupid stuff. Just sayin... whistling
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/04/23 04:08 AM

Microwave, what’s that?
Posted By: John Brown

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/04/23 05:23 AM

Y2K hype all over again.

Attached picture Shower scene.gif
Posted By: A12

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/04/23 06:19 PM

I got it and feel good about it, now can sleep safely knowing it works LOL. grin wink

(BTW someone's clock is off by a minute...........is it me?? shruggy)

Attached picture Screenshot_20231004-142213_Wireless emergency alertsss.jpg
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/04/23 06:51 PM

I got a headache about 2 minutes after and it’s still here
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/04/23 09:52 PM

My phone smells like leftover chicken wings and pizza from being in the microwave. Now I’m hungry

Attached picture IMG_9756.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_9757.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_9758.jpeg
Posted By: rdrnr6970

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/04/23 11:29 PM

I was smoking a cigar outside relaxing listening to Ozzy Osborne songs when i was rudly interrupted by this alert!Lol I turned off my phone then it went off on our tv in the living room. eek drive

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/04/23 11:43 PM

This was a test. If it was,an actual emergency, you would be asked to stick you head between your legs and kiss your butt good by.
Posted By: Ramrod39

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/04/23 11:43 PM

I was standing and talking with a buddy at 2:18 EST when his phone went off. Mine never did. shruggy

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/04/23 11:46 PM

Ozzy phuckin' ROCKS!!!! bow

Listen to him every single day.
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/05/23 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
Originally Posted by dart games

We shall see. Lots of chatter about 5G & those vaxxxxxxxxxxxxxd. If you haven't heard about this yet, you are not listening to complete morons blather on about nothing

FTFY.

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/05/23 12:44 AM

I did turn my phone off about 12:30, but forgot it was off. I finally remembered around 4:30, so I turned it on then. All is well here.
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/05/23 12:54 AM

After the alert...my phone started talking backwards saying "Paul is dead" over and over again...
Then it started spewing green vomit. Finally, a hand came out of it wearing a leather glove with five sharp blades,
that looked like fingers, as it swiped at me.... rolleyes

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/05/23 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by DaveRS23
Ozzy phuckin' ROCKS!!!! bow

Listen to him every single day.

Saw him live 4 times. He is nuts on stage
Posted By: moparjim79

Re: Emergency test alert Wednesday - 10/05/23 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer

My phone smells like leftover chicken wings and pizza from being in the microwave. Now I’m hungry

WOW! Thats the phone I had from 2003-2005 until it stopped working. Was told 2 year lifespan MAX! What a blast from the past.
© 2024 Moparts Forums