Moparts

AI designed musclecars

Posted By: ZIPPY

AI designed musclecars - 09/13/23 05:30 PM

I like a few of them.

https://www.motortrend.com/features/ai-generated-classic-muscle-cars-that-never-existed/
Posted By: TJP

Re: AI designed musclecars - 09/14/23 01:56 AM

Cool article. Can definitely see some came close to production cars wink
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: AI designed musclecars - 09/14/23 02:01 AM

Just more twisted altered reality. Like we need more of that in these times.

Funny when a guy on LSD does something creative its a sin, AI does it and its wonderful. Not that I support either.
Posted By: A12

Re: AI designed musclecars - 09/14/23 02:11 AM

AMC-Styled 1960s Muscle Car........HUH??? Sure looks Fordish to me

Attached picture 012-amc-based-muscle-car.jpg
Attached picture R (20).jpg
Attached picture OIP (19).jpg
Posted By: A12

Re: AI designed musclecars - 09/14/23 02:25 AM

The Ferrari-Styled 1960s Muscle Car.........should be the AMC IMO

Attached picture 011-borogoves-1970s-muscle-car-in-the-style-of-a-ferrari-front-thr (1).jpg
Attached picture R (22).jpg
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: AI designed musclecars - 09/14/23 02:36 AM

To me it looks like the "AI" is just cross breeding what already was. Sorta cool but not ground breaking.
Posted By: Moparite

Re: AI designed musclecars - 09/16/23 03:44 PM

I hear a article about AI taking over peoples jobs, Some maybe but when AI can turn a wrench and figure sh*t out I'm safe. AI takes samples of things and applies it together. Nothing like a real imagination to think things up.
Posted By: 67SATisfaction

Re: AI designed musclecars - 09/18/23 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Moparite
I hear a article about AI taking over peoples jobs, Some maybe but when AI can turn a wrench and figure sh*t out I'm safe. AI takes samples of things and applies it together. Nothing like a real imagination to think things up.

This is one reason why young people today are predicted to be better off gaining craft skills, hand crafts, wrenching, restoring, building, repairing .. all the things that are necessary for society, but impossible for AI to accomplish.
- Art
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: AI designed musclecars - 09/18/23 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mr PotatoHead
To me it looks like the "AI" is just cross breeding what already was. Sorta cool but not ground breaking.

That is because it's exactly what it is doing. There is no creativity behind it. It has a catalog photos it was trained on defined as muscle cars and attempts to make an amalgamation of it. What can set AI art apart depends on the prompts the human gives it. But yeah, generally there is a spark of creativity behind it. Not going to stop it from putting artists and screenwriters out of work though. It's output is typically good enough for the masses.
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: AI designed musclecars - 09/18/23 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Moparite

The creative types are the ones who are going to be out of work. Somehow, I'm OK with that.... We'll get to the point where you can prompt an AI for a story or videogame about a protagonist who rides atop a velociraptor slaying zombies, and it'll put together that experience for you on the fly. We're not far off from it.
Posted By: 440newport

Re: AI designed musclecars - 09/18/23 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by A12
The Ferrari-Styled 1960s Muscle Car.........should be the AMC IMO

To me it's a mix of 61 Tempest body lines and a 64 Chevelle/Olds kinda blended all together.
© 2024 Moparts Forums