Moparts

Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not?

Posted By: DaveRS23

Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/11/23 02:53 PM

Personally, I have never cared for people putting flyers in my car at car shows. They should just hand them out. If we happen to step away for a bit, we can come back and have paper in the seat of the car. While I don't think that it is cool, I haven't made an issue of it. At least not like a phord guy that was parked a car or two away from us at a Saturday car show. He went off on some guy dropping a show flyer in his car and it almost got out of hand. Quite a show at the show.

So, most of us here hit car shows. Or at least used to. Are you okay with strangers coming up and dropping show flyers and other such papers in the seat of your car? Personally, I think it would be better if they just handed them out to people rather than to put them in our cars.

What say you?
Posted By: Old_Moparz

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/11/23 03:08 PM

It's just a piece of paper with info about other shows so it's no big deal to me. It's not like they opened the car to let a few toddlers in with ice cream & a box of Sharpies.
Posted By: rrbrucea

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/11/23 03:10 PM

Yeah, it's cool with me. In some cases it's the only way I hear about shows near me, so I'm happy to get them. up
Posted By: abodyjoe

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/11/23 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by DaveRS23
Personally, I have never cared for people putting flyers in my car at car shows. They should just hand them out. If we happen to step away for a bit, we can come back and have paper in the seat of the car. While I don't think that it is cool, I haven't made an issue of it. At least not like a phord guy that was parked a car or two away from us at a Saturday car show. He went off on some guy dropping a show flyer in his car and it almost got out of hand. Quite a show at the show.

So, most of us here hit car shows. Or at least used to. Are you okay with strangers coming up and dropping show flyers and other such papers in the seat of your car? Personally, I think it would be better if they just handed them out to people rather than to put them in our cars.

What say you?

easy solution.. if you don't want flyers in the car, roll up the windows. if you don't mind flyers in the car, leave the windows down..
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/11/23 03:19 PM

If ita car show related great.. Unless its advertising an all chevy show.
If it's a flyer for something stupid like a roofing company or driveway sealing that's a problem.

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/11/23 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by rrbrucea
Yeah, it's cool with me. In some cases it's the only way I hear about shows near me, so I'm happy to get them. up

iagree It's a good way to advertise other car events. But wouldn't handing them out to people directly do a better job of getting the word out? Folks other than just the car show participants would get them.

It did get a little more involved this weekend, there were restaurant flyers as well as car event flyers. Probably a dozen or so different ones.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/11/23 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by abodyjoe

easy solution.. if you don't want flyers in the car, roll up the windows. if you don't mind flyers in the car, leave the windows down..

iagree
Posted By: wingman

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/11/23 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by BloFish

iagree

iagree

Or just relax. It's a piece of paper. It's not going to hurt anything.
Posted By: jcc

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/11/23 03:44 PM

Life is short, fight the big stuff.

If is really a big concern, hit where it hurts, just take your business elsewhere.
Posted By: 56_Royal_Lancer

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/11/23 03:49 PM

I appreciate the flyers; they have led me to some great events I might not have otherwise known about. I also help promote a few shows, if there are people in lawn chairs near the car, I ask them if they prefer I hand them the flyer. Otherwise, I drop it into the car. Sometimes I will put it on their lawn chairs. Printing can get expensive, no way I can afford to randomly hand them out to the crowd as the money from the local shows generally goes to a charity.

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/11/23 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by jcc
Life is short, fight the big stuff.

If is really a big concern, hit where it hurts, just take your business elsewhere.

Man, no kidding! If it's nothing I'm interested in, the flyer goes straight into the round bin, no worries.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/11/23 04:03 PM

easy solution.. if you don't want flyers in the car, roll up the windows.

Since most car shows are in the warmer months, rolled up windows create an oven. And then they might just shove the flyer under your wiper blades. Better the show producers ban the activity, same as spam in your e-mail box.
Posted By: TJP

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/11/23 04:59 PM

iagree It's a good way to advertise other car events. But wouldn't handing them out to people directly do a better job of getting the word out? Folks other than just the car show participants would get them.

It did get a little more involved this weekend, there were restaurant flyers as well as car event flyers. Probably a dozen or so different ones.

I Like what Old Mopraz said: It's just a piece of paper with info about other shows so it's no big deal to me. It's not like they opened the car to let a few toddlers in with ice cream & a box of Sharpies. 😂🤣

Non car related IMO is a no-no. Restaurant flyers? If it's a big out of town show MAYBE work
If it is something that bothers you PLEASE read the following

When I decided to take my business full time, I had just been laid off and had about 1K in the bank. I will mention it was limited to repairing and restoring pre 1980 vehicles. The 1K wasn't going to go very far. I clearly remember thinking I was nuts as I took about $350 of it to by a color inkjet printer. But I thought if I was going to make flyers for the business, they had to speak for the business and B&W wasn't gonna hack it. So I proceeded and spent quite a bit of time learning how to do so.
We went to the first local show and I sat in the truck intimidated at the thought as I felt like I was asking for a handout. My wife sensing this grabbed a stack and started walking penguinwalk. I thought if she can do it so can I. We came home with two new customers up At the smaller shows I would take both cars with a Small table set up between them with flyers and business cards.
Somewhere along the way I stopped as the business had grown to the point I no longer needed to do so. I eventually was supporting 4 full time employees. That was partly because of the flyers wink
At the beginning I made a commitment to myself that as soon as I had enough business and a bit of reserve I would drop unemployment. That happened within 6 weeks due to the Flyers. I could have stayed on it for at least 6-9 months but that is not what it's for IMO.
Occasionally people would stop me and ask for one, I would hand them one and say "I'm just trying to stay off public assistance" 😉.

In the 1 or so years (?) I papered interiors I only had ONE J-O get excited about it (he was a Ford Guy as well ?). During that time I'll guess I probably distributed 7500 flyers maybe more shruggy. 1 out of 7500? That might say something about the individual shruggy The cars I could remember having previously done, I did not do again. I also had a few that said "hey I've already got several in my glove box" to which I'd reply I'll give you.03 apiece as they cost me ~ about .05 cents LOL. I'd try to remember not to do them again.

So, I'd like to ask those that are upset by it, think about what the person, business or organization my be struggling with smile and remember it's just a piece of paper I hope this was not offensive to anyone and if so I apologize. It's just looking from the other side of the fence beer

Attached picture flyer.jpg

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/11/23 05:05 PM

Another good alternate idea is to have them put in the 'goody bag' if there is one. There were several businesses that did that this weekend.

There just seems like there are better and more productive ways to advertise than to put flyers in stranger's show cars. Not everyone appreciates it even if it appears that most Mopar guys here do. Still, it could lead to more entertainment at an otherwise boring show. It looked for a minute Saturday that those two guys were gonna give us a real show. The phord didn't like them being put in his car and the guy with the flyers didn't like the way he was told not to. no

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/11/23 06:27 PM

Another good alternate idea is to have them put in the 'goody bag' if there is one.

Or have a table dedicated to flyers wherein everybody can take the ones that interest them...that way everybody at the show can see/choose, not just the participants.

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/11/23 07:09 PM

Wait, their flyer says they treat EVERY customers car as "though it were their own?" I don't want a shop going out and doing burnouts in my car! laugh2
Posted By: bee1971

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/11/23 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by John_Kunkel
Another good alternate idea is to have them put in the 'goody bag' if there is one.

Or have a table dedicated to flyers wherein everybody can take the ones that interest them...that way everybody at the show can see/choose, not just the participants.

This

Seen it at more then a few shows in WI

When you are registering your car for the show , paying , your already at the tables , have another table set up with all the flyers like mentioned

Our first local show is usually around the first weekend in May - Huge show if the weather is decent , have seen snow flakes more then once

Everyone and I mean everyone is there handing out flyers - One year I had over 50 in my car as I had left my car there and disappeared for awhile

Lesson learned on the windows - I don’t mind it , took five minutes to clean out , but didn’t look very good at a Car Show
Posted By: Black_Sheep

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/11/23 07:34 PM

After detailing my interior so that it looks it’s best, it ticks me off to come back and find flyers scattered in the front seat…
Posted By: Neil

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/11/23 07:34 PM

Harmless paper so it would not bother me.

Odds are those that are super offended are the same types that walk around their car 25 times during the show with a car duster and micro fiber towels trying to keep every last thing from touching their car.
Posted By: A12

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/11/23 07:53 PM

Yeah then they stick them under the windshield wiper when the windows are up. wink
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/11/23 08:05 PM

My car is not a garbage receptacle. Nor is the impetus on me to leave my windows up to keep it from being one. It's blatant disrespect and as already stated they just shove them under the windshield. If you want to advertise whatever it is THEN SPONSER THE SHOW.

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/11/23 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by MarkZ
My car is not a garbage receptacle. Nor is the impetus on me to leave my windows up to keep it from being one. It's blatant disrespect and as already stated they just shove them under the windshield. If you want to advertise whatever it is THEN SPONSER THE SHOW.

up

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/11/23 08:16 PM

Or stand at the entrance and ASK if you would like a flyer to an upcoming event as you drive in.
Posted By: BlueRacer69

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/11/23 08:30 PM

I'm cool with it too. It's the only way I hear about upcoming shows. up
Posted By: topside

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/11/23 08:45 PM

Not a problem for me; never seen the people handing them out touch a car.
Generally, if I'm near the car, they'll ask if it's mine and if it's OK to drop a flyer inside.
They're just trying to publicize their show.
I don't expect them to ask everyone around if they have a car to show.
If someone was about to palm the car or whatever, I'd get involved, but that hasn't happened since I left California.
Posted By: Grizzly69

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/11/23 09:37 PM

Consider this:

Brightly colored fliers printed as cheaply as humanly possible.
+
Open car - convertible, sunroof, T-tops - whatever.
+
White interior.
+
Sudden pop up sprinkle.
=
Rainbow colored interior.

You've just damaged someone's car, and left all of your contact information.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/11/23 09:45 PM

Long ago I stopped with concerning myself with the small stuff. I just toss them when I get home. No biggie.
Posted By: Michael

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/11/23 10:21 PM

I like them.
Posted By: BDW

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/11/23 10:54 PM

It's a sad situation we find ourselves in.
Did I miss something, this is paper right?
Or maybe it was sandpaper?

"You kids get off my lawn................."

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/11/23 11:07 PM

catfight

How about printing up a flyer that reads:

Owner only allows only one flyer in this car,
and it's always first come, first served.
And this flyer was here first
Severe Penalty if ignored or removed
You have been warned!

Have it laminated have message printed on both sides and sell them for $2.00, seems like there might be a demand for this solution. grin

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/12/23 02:14 AM

Wait, their flyer says they treat EVERY customers car as "though it were their own?" I don't want a shop going out and doing burnouts in my car! laugh2

how else are we supposed to find the weak link in your driveline 💥 drivewhistling 🤣

made me think of a customer that bought a BB 4 spd cashmaro online and had it transported. When it arrived he had all his neighbors Watching as it was unloaded. He jumps in, fires it up, brings it up to about 5,000 RPM and dumps the clutch. Bad idea on street slicks with 3.08 rear gears. I still have the ring gear. Should take a pic of it, Only missing about 5 teeth 🤣

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/12/23 02:25 AM

At the last event I found one foreign car show event flyer, one political flyer for someone I don't care for and one strip club flyer good for one free lap dance, thrown into my car, should I be upset or go for the free lap dance?
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/12/23 03:37 AM

Doesn't bother me, but I am about to have my first white interior car so...
Posted By: lilcuda

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/12/23 04:12 AM

I think the Phord guy got so pissed because the extra weight of that flyer would slow his car way down. grin
Posted By: moparx

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/12/23 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by A12
At the last event I found one foreign car show event flyer, one political flyer for someone I don't care for and one strip club flyer good for one free lap dance, thrown into my car, should I be upset or go for the free lap dance?

get the lap dance ! boogie
beer

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/12/23 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Neil

So, isn't part of the idea of displaying a car to show the interior? Isn't the interior view blemished when covered with multi-colored sheets of paper?

Odds are those that are super offended are the same types that walk around their car 25 times during the show with a car duster and micro fiber towels trying to keep every last thing from touching their car.

Non-sequitur.

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/12/23 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
Originally Posted by A12

get the lap dance ! boogie
beer

I would just take it sitting down. grin

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/12/23 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Neil

So, isn't part of the idea of displaying a car to show the interior? Isn't the interior view blemished when covered with multi-colored sheets of paper?

Non-sequitur.

Again, just paper,. I typically don't stick my head all the way inside someone else's car for any real length of time, and if I did see a piece of paper on the seat of all the cars I looked at it would not bother me. People here don't dump multiple flyers all over people's cars. Think the most I ever got was two at one show once years ago. Most of the time they put those in a grab bag if you sign up for the show anyways.
Posted By: rdrnr6970

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/12/23 07:28 PM

Never a issue no big thing.I liked finding out about other car shows. drive
Posted By: Kiddart

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/12/23 07:30 PM

I consider these invites to more places to go hang out and meet new car people.

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/12/23 08:56 PM

I'ld bet that we all like the idea of being informed of car events in our area. That is not the question. The question is how to do it. Most guys here seem to like them put in their seat rather than have them handed to them or to have them in their goody bag. That surprises me a little, but there it is.

I had 9 flyers this past weekend. Being near the car, I had most just hand them to me. But, there were a few that ended up in the seat.

I just went through the goody bag and there were no flyers there. BUT! One restaurant had a coupon for a free drink with meal purchase and another had a free order of fries with a meal purchase. They have a better shot at my business than the one that put the flyer in my seat. I feel it's just a better way to ask for my support.
Posted By: Rollin Hand

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/12/23 11:12 PM

Better than someone dropping a Snickers bar on your drivers seat on a 90 degree day.
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/13/23 12:04 AM

Never seen a car damaged over a flyer... good grief... old grouchy folks should maybe take up knitting. Same grouchy guys will shoot a kitten for coming on there freshly mowed lawn and not caring about the hole in the yard shruggy

They be simple sheets of paper....

I would understand if they were dropping these. catfight\\

Attached picture Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 18-01-36 Amazon.com 3 Packs Of High Visibility Eco-Friendly 15-Minute Safety Flares (Pack of 3) Industrial & Scientific.png
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/13/23 12:07 AM

Ha ha.... so should this be on some mopar owners Christmas wish list? up

Attached picture Screenshot 2023-09-12 at 18-04-19 Plastic Chain with Endless Applications in Crowd Control Safety Barrier 125 FT eBay.png
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/13/23 02:02 AM

We were at a car show one time where someone was putting bright pink flyers under the cars with windshield wipers. and on the seats of cars without wipers. Around 1:30, it started to rain. The pink from the flyers started washing off the paper and ran onto the glass and down the cowl, hood or fenders or out onto the seats. One guy had white seats in a roadster, no wipers. I don't know how he got those seats to be white again. Those flyers were not very popular!

I've attended a few shows because of the flyers left on my seat. Doesn't bother me much, buy then I don't have a trophy winning ride.

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/13/23 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by Mr PotatoHead
Never seen a car damaged over a flyer... good grief... old grouchy folks should maybe take up knitting. Same grouchy guys will shoot a kitten for coming on there freshly mowed lawn and not caring about the hole in the yard shruggy

They be simple sheets of paper....

I would understand if they were dropping these. catfight\\

up iagree

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/13/23 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by poorboy
We were at a car show one time where someone was putting bright pink flyers under the cars with windshield wipers. and on the seats of cars without wipers. Around 1:30, it started to rain. The pink from the flyers started washing off the paper and ran onto the glass and down the cowl, hood or fenders or out onto the seats. One guy had white seats in a roadster, no wipers. I don't know how he got those seats to be white again. Those flyers were not very popular!

I've attended a few shows because of the flyers left on my seat. Doesn't bother me much, buy then I don't have a trophy winning ride.

Doesn't matter if it's a trophy winner or rat rod or a daily driver pickup truck would you throw something into someone else's car, truck or vehicle? I think some that say it's okay would also be the first to pile on if the OP would have said he caught Galen moving a "piece of paper" they had covering their VIN to write it down. I remember threads on this and some would have hung Galen had he reached into their car for any reason. NOT HIS CAR was the cry and NO ONE has the right to do or touch another person's ride. Flyers are one person's spam and another person's trash so ASK if the person owning the car wants spam, trash or yeah I'd like to have one of your flyers.

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/13/23 10:48 AM

Since most car shows are in the warmer months, rolled up windows create an oven. And then they might just shove the flyer under your wiper blades. Better the show producers ban the activity, same as spam in your e-mail box.

what the hell do i care? I'm not sitting in the car during the show. all the hate, maybe you should just stay home. that would fix the problem also.

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/13/23 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by A12
Originally Posted by poorboy

Doesn't matter if it's a trophy winner or rat rod or a daily driver pickup truck would you throw something into someone else's car, truck or vehicle? I think some that say it's okay would also be the first to pile on if the OP would have said he caught Galen moving a "piece of paper" they had covering their VIN to write it down. I remember threads on this and some would have hung Galen had he reached into their car for any reason. NOT HIS CAR was the cry and NO ONE has the right to do or touch another person's ride. Flyers are one person's spam and another person's trash so ASK if the person owning the car wants spam, trash or yeah I'd like to have one of your flyers.

dropping a flyer in a car is much different then some clown touching and moving things in your car.
Posted By: wingman

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/13/23 12:44 PM

Car show guys be like...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-NgeXl-PPA

grin
Posted By: Old_Moparz

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/13/23 01:00 PM

Maybe a new universal rule for car shows would be that everyone who hates flyers in their car must have a mailbox mounted on it just for flyers. work

Attached picture Flyer Issue 02.jpg
Posted By: bobby66

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/13/23 01:06 PM

No problem.

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/13/23 05:13 PM

Since most car shows are in the warmer months, rolled up windows create an oven.

what the hell do i care? I'm not sitting in the car during the show.

No, but your upholstery and electronics are.
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/13/23 05:16 PM

Winter has come early.
Posted By: hotairballoonpilot

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/13/23 05:54 PM

When my parents started and ran the mopar club that was my brother and myself job when we went to shows. We would hand them out and honestly got to know alot of people. We only put them in ones with windows down. Lots of times the owners would be there and we would hand them to them personally. Lots of times we would see the same people and usually tell them we put one in the show the week before at another town. People looked shocked we remembered the car. I miss those days.

corey

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/13/23 06:52 PM

The bigger shows here usually have a person at the entry that people stop and talk to in order to get directions on where to park depending on what type of vehicle they have or where the remaining open parking areas are at. It would be easy if the people handing out the flyers were at the entrance spot and gave them to people as they came in. Take the flyer(s) and put it under the seat or in the trunk once you get parked.
Posted By: 67SATisfaction

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/13/23 07:20 PM

Thanks for asking the question because once I think about it, it bothers me a lot less...

I am mildly annoyed by flyers and I don't prefer they be handed to me, so I tolerate them landing on my driver's seat. .. after all, where else would I want them? Not on the hood or under the wiper or tires..

It's just a piece of paper and sometimes they are interesting.

So no big deal.

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/15/23 12:42 PM

Since most car shows are in the warmer months, rolled up windows create an oven.

what the hell do i care? I'm not sitting in the car during the show.

No, but your upholstery and electronics are.

its all lasted 50+ years in my car so i see no issue with that stuff being hot for only a few hours.
Posted By: John Brown

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/15/23 01:42 PM

I used to pass flyers for car shows and swap meets wherever I went. If someone was attending a car, I handed them a flyer. If no one was there I dropped a flyer on the seat if a window was open. I never stuck one on a windshield. As for myself, I lived for flyers for future events. In fact, I kept a large stack from previous years. If I had nothing scheduled for a weekend, I would go through my stack of old flyers and make a few phone calls until I found something going on.

Of course, that was all before information became so easy to find on the internet.
Posted By: moparmike1

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/15/23 02:10 PM

I honestly envy those that have so little to be stressed about in their lives that a piece of paper placed in their car, at a car show, can cause that much grief.

Seriously, W T F …

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/15/23 02:23 PM

laugh2
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/15/23 02:40 PM

I don't care one bit if someone drops a flyer through my open window. I also have no problem with people who don't want someone dropping a flyer through their open window. I think an easy solution would be to roll the windows up.

I don't think anyone should be putting flyers under windshield wipers or rolling them up and sticking them in the door handle or anything else along those lines.

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/15/23 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Old_Moparz
Maybe a new universal rule for car shows would be that everyone who hates flyers in their car must have a mailbox mounted on it just for flyers. work

THIS LMAO up bow BTW: It's his pic wink

Attached picture Flyer-Issue-02.jpg

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/15/23 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by 67SATisfaction
Thanks for asking the question because once I think about it, it bothers me a lot less...

I am mildly annoyed by flyers and I don't prefer they be handed to me, so I tolerate them landing on my driver's seat. .. after all, where else would I want them? Not on the hood or under the wiper or tires..

It's just a piece of paper and sometimes they are interesting.

So no big deal.

up

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/15/23 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by not_a_charger
I don't care one bit if someone drops a flyer through my open window. I also have no problem with people who don't want someone dropping a flyer through their open window. I think an easy solution would be to roll the windows up.

I don't think anyone should be putting flyers under windshield wipers or rolling them up and sticking them in the door handle or anything else along those lines.

iagree

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/15/23 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Pacnorthcuda
Winter has come early.

🎯😉 or maybe we're all getting older and crankier LOL beer

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/15/23 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by moparmike1
I honestly envy those that have so little to be stressed about in their lives that a piece of paper placed in their car, at a car show, can cause that much grief.

Seriously, W T F …

Agreed mike BUT:
It might be the opposite, maybe they are already stressed to the MAX and this is just one more irritant. Ever seen FALLING DOWN" with Michael Douglas? Excellent movie and possible example up (See the 1st post in this thread)

I might suggest if you do not want flyers in your car, and it bothers you that much, place a placard on your dash and seats stating so.
AND
For the flyer people, start wearing bullet proof vests and riot gear while passing them out LOL

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/15/23 05:13 PM

"Falling Down" is right near "Idiocracy" on my favorites list which also includes "Downfall". grin
Posted By: 68SportFury

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/15/23 06:24 PM

I've been to a couple of pretty decent shows I wouldn't have known about if not for a flyer left in my car. We have a free magazine that lists shows (the Car Show and Cruise Guide), but not everybody takes the trouble to submit a listing (which is also free!).
I don't have a problem with it.
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/15/23 09:23 PM

wish my life so great that this is all that bothered me
Posted By: ruderunner

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/16/23 01:50 PM

To me it's about respecting others property. I was raised if it ain't yours don't touch it.

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/16/23 02:04 PM

I remember visiting a gun show year, and a vendor had a WW2 era pictorial book on the table among others that seemed to offer pics I had never seen before. I picked it up to flip thru and see sincerely if I was interested in purchasing.
The person at the stall said the books were not for reading, I replied, "and evidently not for sale".

MY MO, "smart people know the rules, wise people know when to break them".
Posted By: Moparite

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/16/23 03:01 PM

People need to give out pamphlets to push their political/religious beliefs or some other crap they are selling. I went to a swap meet years ago and they have a bunch of people there from Amica insurance attacking you as you try to purchase tickets. REALLY! The TV is littered with insurance commercials now and they have to send out people to get you to buy their insurance. I put these people in the same category as telemarketers. flame
Posted By: 340727dart

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/16/23 03:01 PM

It's one thing for people to push flyers in through an open window.
What aggravated me while I still had my Dart, even though my side windows were rolled up, people would still drop flyers in through the open sunroof.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/16/23 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by jcc
I remember visiting a gun show year, and a vendor had a WW2 era pictorial book on the table among others that seemed to offer pics I had never seen before. I picked it up to flip thru and see sincerely if I was interested in purchasing.
The person at the stall said the books were not for reading, I replied, "and evidently not for sale".

MY MO, "smart people know the rules, wise people know when to break them".

I have a sign on my table that says "do not handle guns without permission" I get pissy when a kid grabs one of my model 12 Winchesters without permission.. mad

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/16/23 03:49 PM

laugh2
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/16/23 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Moparite
People need to give out pamphlets to push their political/religious beliefs or some other crap they are selling. I went to a swap meet years ago and they have a bunch of people there from Amica insurance attacking you as you try to purchase tickets. REALLY! The TV is littered with insurance commercials now and they have to send out people to get you to buy their insurance. I put these people in the same category as telemarketers. flame

I know a guy ( who I USED to be friends with) who is exactly like this character
Rob Reiner portrayed! 😂 LOL!! This guy I know, always gets pissed off over the smallest of things.
I'm amazed he hasn't had a stroke or heart attack, since he is always wound so tight.
With that, I don't mind CAR RELATED flyers in my Duster, while attending a show, BUT don't touch the car!

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/16/23 05:29 PM

i haven't had anything that runs under it's own power for many, many, [and many more] years, so when i get this lump going again, flyers will be ok with me. laugh2
beer

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/16/23 10:42 PM

So Amazon delivers your food?

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/17/23 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by ruderunner
So Amazon delivers your food?
confused shruggy

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/17/23 11:06 AM

He said he doesn't have anything that runs, how's he get food?

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 09/17/23 04:07 PM

i meant my toys. laugh2
my old trusty "bus" [caravan] takes me anywhere i need to go, including the grocery store, where i was yesterday "donating" $257.00. panic biggrin
beer
Posted By: fc7_plumcrazy

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 10/05/23 09:26 PM

I like to get flyers for car shows up

Carsten
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 10/05/23 11:23 PM

A guy and i were in the same class at a car show. I won over him. One of his buddies tossed a bag of popcorn inside my car while i was,away. A fruend saw him do it. I just let it go since ya cant fix STUPID.
A few years after meeting my wife a girl that lived next to us thought it would be funny so the 17 year old put a whole pack of Kraft Singles on my car on a hot summers day. Melted cheese car.
Flyers are,easy to get rid of.

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 10/06/23 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by 340SIX
A guy and i were in the same class at a car show. I won over him. One of his buddies tossed a bag of popcorn inside my car while i was,away. A fruend saw him do it. I just let it go since ya cant fix STUPID.
A few years after meeting my wife a girl that lived next to us thought it would be funny so the 17 year old put a whole pack of Kraft Singles on my car on a hot summers day. Melted cheese car.
Flyers are,easy to get rid of.

Somebody would've been out there cleaning up the mess if it were me 🤬👎 twocents

Re: Flyers put in your car at car shows. Cool or not? - 10/06/23 03:47 AM

A couple of decades back, I walked across the street from my shop to a convenience store right next to a Subway around noon. Cars were parked head in and I had to walk between them. I was walking promptly and saw a woman and a child sitting in the front seat, windows opened.

As I passed the rear bumper a half-eaten? partially wrapped Sub flew out the window onto the ground, 5' further and it would have landed on my shoes.
The lady driver never saw me until I was stopped at her door and quickly asked as I was looking down, "did you drop that? (being facetious).
She said "drop what?"
I said, "this Sub that just flew out your window"
She said "That is not mine"
I said "Do you always lie in front of your kids like that?"
She said with great hostility "what does it matter to you? Mind your own business, I going to go home and get my gun and cap your ass"

I was at the time of the mindset to place the sub back in her car, but in Florida anything unwarranted projected into an occupied vehicle is possibly a 2nd degree felony, and cooler heads prevailed. runaway
© 2024 Moparts Forums