Moparts

Why does this site now transfer to other sites randomly?

Posted By: Cab_Burge

Why does this site now transfer to other sites randomly? - 08/28/23 06:16 PM

I do not have a add blocker on desk top computer, I'm trying to find a good free one help
Am I the only one being randomly transfer off of this site to other sites that are not automotive related sites help work
Posted By: topside

Re: Why does this site now transfer to other sites randomly? - 08/28/23 06:41 PM

That's a new one - never had that.
I just use AdBlocker, I have Firefox.
A Google search of "free ad blockers" will likely turn up others.
Posted By: Dart 500

Re: Why does this site now transfer to other sites randomly? - 08/28/23 07:52 PM

uBlock origin is what you need, go into settings, then add ons, add it. Its very easy
Posted By: TJP

Re: Why does this site now transfer to other sites randomly? - 08/29/23 02:08 AM

have not had that issue, Have you done a malware scan? Malware bytes has a free version.
I use mainly Opera for a browser (based out of Norway) but use FF, chrome, edge and others with Adblock plus.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Why does this site now transfer to other sites randomly? - 08/29/23 02:53 AM

Exactly why there’s more traffic on FABO and FBBO…..
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Why does this site now transfer to other sites randomly? - 08/29/23 11:31 AM

Be careful! Last time I had a computer get messed up was from this site. The IT people at work were able to tell me where it started(here from some ad)) and urged me to install ADblock Plus. I did and haven't had an issue since.
Posted By: Wheeler

Re: Why does this site now transfer to other sites randomly? - 08/29/23 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
I do not have a add blocker on desk top computer, I'm trying to find a good free one help
Am I the only one being randomly transfer off of this site to other sites that are not automotive related sites help work

I use the AdBlock Ad Blocker extension on my internet browser. It works good. thumbs

https://adguard.com/en/welcome.html
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: Why does this site now transfer to other sites randomly? - 08/29/23 04:00 PM

Sometimes lately there is a banner ad that goes across the top. It’s been easy to accidentally click into the site it’s for while using my iPad. I’m not sure if you can get an ad blocker on a tablet.
© 2024 Moparts Forums