Moparts

The Knot - Irish whiskey

Posted By: topside

The Knot - Irish whiskey - 08/27/23 09:37 PM

Technically, not a whiskey - they called it "spirits", some say it's a "liqueur", but most call it whiskey...
Anyway...though I'm not much of a drinker, I really liked it, but apparently it's been discontinued.
It's smooth, with what's called "notes of caramel & oak"...some might say "butterscotch"...it has a nice warm, sweetish aftertaste.

Is there anything else out there like it ?
I've tried a few different Irish whiskies, but none that smooth.
I'm not about to spend a bunch more money experimenting or buying a bunch of whiskey I'll never finish.
So, I thought I'd see what the Moparts braintrust might suggest.
Posted By: AdventurerSport

Re: The Knot - Irish whiskey - 09/01/23 01:44 AM

Irish whiskey is an acquired taste...
I'm an Irish American (my grandmother came from Cork) and I've visited Ireland many times.
I drink Guinness regularly.
I occasionally drink Jameson, but I prefer Teeling, especially in the Whisky Sour catagory...
I do have a bottle of Poutin in my cabinet as well (Mad March Hare)

Try some Teeling with some mixes and some drinks (Whisky Sour with Teeling) can be made very well.

Good luck! Slainte! (Gaelic for "good health", and a common Irish saying when having drinks).

JS

Re: The Knot - Irish whiskey - 09/01/23 03:20 AM

Thanks - I just sip it neat & room temp.
County Cork, huh ? - I have a half-Irish friend whose forebears hailed from there.
Also had an Irish girlfriend a long time ago - so for a while there, I guess I was adopted-Irish-by-reverse-injection laugh2
Posted By: Sniper

Re: The Knot - Irish whiskey - 09/01/23 03:53 PM

Not cheap, but it is available

https://caskcartel.com/products/the...oogle&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: The Knot - Irish whiskey - 09/01/23 04:16 PM

Its all booze with one thing in mind.... to get you to buy it.

Re: The Knot - Irish whiskey - 09/01/23 04:20 PM

Yeah, I've seen those ads, but that's too spendy for me...
Used to see it being sold on the web from places back East for under $30, but most of those ads now say not available/sold out.
And since it's been discontinued, I'm looking for something similar.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: The Knot - Irish whiskey - 09/01/23 05:56 PM

I much prefer good old Ky Bourbon.

Preferably from Buffalo Creek or Woodford Reserve ( Woodford Double Oak preferred if Im doing straight up on ice )
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: The Knot - Irish whiskey - 09/01/23 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by gtx6970
I much prefer good old Ky Bourbon.

Preferably from Buffalo Creek or Woodford Reserve ( Woodford Double Oak preferred if Im doing straight up on ice )

I'm not really a bourbon guy but that Woodford Reserve.....is down right tasty!!! drool
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: The Knot - Irish whiskey - 09/02/23 01:46 AM

I use to drink a Bourbon from Kentucky back before I turned 21 yrs. old in SO CA, its name was George T. Stagg. It came in 7 year old and 11 year old bottles, it was smooth and I liked it a lot back then up boogie
I should look here locally to see if it is still being made and sold work luck
I do have two unopen small bottles of Whiskey I had my wife buy several years ago before she died, one is a 200 ML bottle of Jameson triple distilled Irish whiskey made in Ireland and the other is a 375 ML bottle of Pendelton whiskey made here in Pendelton Oregon. Maybe I will try some on what would have been our 58th anniversary, this Sept 3rd work luck
Posted By: BloFish

Re: The Knot - Irish whiskey - 09/02/23 06:01 AM

I recommend you do Cab 🥃
Posted By: A12

Re: The Knot - Irish whiskey - 09/02/23 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by topside
Technically, Knot a whiskey

Well they are honest and up front about it wink
© 2024 Moparts Forums