Moparts

Good guys alert!!

Posted By: tboomer

Good guys alert!! - 08/09/23 11:26 PM

I gotta give a shout out to gtsdude and rhinodart! Scott sent me a pm this morning about a 69 Dart GTS for sale. And it was about 50 miles from my house! I called Jim and asked him some questions and he really knows his stuff! I drove my 2014 Challenger up and looked at the GTS and it was all dusty and hasn't been started in a while. We made an agreement and I will pick it up in a few days. It's a 340 with an auto on the floor. The guy has owned it since 81 and it came from Colorado. Maybe Jim or Scott can post a pic...Also want to thank old racer (Russ) for trying to hook me up with a 72 Charger SE...Thanks fellas! This is what Moparts is all about!! Ted wave
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Good guys alert!! - 08/09/23 11:43 PM

Great! Congratulations too!!!

Re: Good guys alert!! - 08/09/23 11:51 PM

Thanks Larry!
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: Good guys alert!! - 08/10/23 12:04 AM

Congrats Ted! I miss my '69 Dart. I would like to get another one someday.
Can you give us more info on your new car?

Re: Good guys alert!! - 08/10/23 12:19 AM

B7 blue I think it is called with a white tail stripe that says GTS on it. I will drain the gas and out in fresh before try to start it. Looks good and clean underneath. I can't post pics from my phone... shruggy
Posted By: topside

Re: Good guys alert!! - 08/10/23 12:58 AM

Cool, and it shows what this community can be - had a similar experience a couple years ago.
If that GTS hasn't run in a long enough time, might be a good idea to hand crank it, maybe with some oil in the cylinders.
Maybe change the oil & filter, too.
Fill the carb bowls and make some music.

Somebody get some photos of it !
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Good guys alert!! - 08/10/23 01:06 AM

Congratulations on the new ride Ted!

Re: Good guys alert!! - 08/10/23 01:10 AM

Thanks guys! It ran this spring. It has been kept in a climate controlled garage for the last 7 years! up
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Good guys alert!! - 08/10/23 12:27 PM

Welcome to the A-body workd Ted! Sounds like you got a nice one boogie

Re: Good guys alert!! - 08/10/23 12:36 PM

Thanks Dennis! It's a B5 blue...I will get more info to Rhino soon as the fender tag pic I sent him didn't turn out too good.
Posted By: Brad_Haak

Re: Good guys alert!! - 08/10/23 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by SNK-EYZ
Congratulations on the new ride Ted!

x2

The GTS sounds pretty sweet!
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Good guys alert!! - 08/10/23 04:10 PM

Congratulations Ted. A body guys are super 😎.
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Good guys alert!! - 08/10/23 04:16 PM

Thats outstanding!

Re: Good guys alert!! - 08/10/23 09:20 PM

Thanks guys! My wife and I just got home. With an empty trailer...The car would start but wouldn't stay running. Fuel filter was clear so he is changing the fuel pump in the morning. The good news is that my wife really likes the car a lot. It needs some attention to detail but it is just a fun daily driver. Not a 100 point show car! wave
Posted By: JDMopar

Re: Good guys alert!! - 08/10/23 09:52 PM

Congrats! If it's been sitting a long time and is getting a new fuel pump....I'd run the line into a jug of clean gas. If there's rust in the tank, it might gob up the brand new fuel pump.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Good guys alert!! - 08/11/23 12:06 AM

Well done! I hope it all works out.
Posted By: old_racer

Re: Good guys alert!! - 08/11/23 01:37 AM

'Ted we need pictures when you get it home !!!
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: Good guys alert!! - 08/11/23 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by old_racer
'Ted we need pictures when you get it home !!!

Re: Good guys alert!! - 08/11/23 08:24 PM

Went back today and did some carb work and can't keep it running. I started a threa in the Q/A forum with what we could make out on the fender tag. wave
© 2024 Moparts Forums