Supercharged truck...on Hydrogen - 08/06/23 05:35 PM

Posted By: Moparite

Re: Supercharged truck...on Hydrogen - 08/07/23 02:23 PM

A bomb on wheels!
Posted By: Dart 500

Re: Supercharged truck...on Hydrogen - 08/07/23 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Moparite
A bomb on wheels!

If he used Hydride it makes the tanks safer than a gas tank but since its a weapons grade material its got some red tape issues
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Supercharged truck...on Hydrogen - 08/08/23 01:16 AM

While I find the technology interesting, they really seemed to stay away from revealing how much it all cost for that conversion. When cost is no object you can solve a lot of problems normal folks can't.
Posted By: Moparite

Re: Supercharged truck...on Hydrogen - 08/08/23 01:03 PM

I would like to see more development on hydrogen vehicles. Issue is containing it, If for some reason the tank is compromised and a spark/flame is around it you get a big boom! The Hindenburg was ignited by a spark generated from the blimp to the ground not a power line like he said in the video.

https://www.hydrogenfuelnews.com/hydrogen-powered-vehicles-classic/8555907/
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Supercharged truck...on Hydrogen - 08/08/23 04:37 PM

500 HP is not hard to make on any fuel work
I wonder how hard it is to buy that fuel and how much does it cost work What mileage does he get with it work
I would like to see more commercial vehicles switch to that as long as it becomes practical up
Posted By: Sniper

Re: Supercharged truck...on Hydrogen - 08/08/23 06:11 PM

lol, hindenburg mentions.

the issue with hydrogen is storage density.
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Supercharged truck...on Hydrogen - 08/08/23 07:02 PM

We built several LNG trucks at Kenworth over the years. Port of L.A. requirement,so they would have their own filling infrastructure. Big fiberglass tanks, on the truck, that were reported to be in the $30,000 range, and this was 10 years ago. I had to buy smaller tanks that were on our own skid, used for running the truck before it was completed and shipped off.
Posted By: Dart 500

Re: Supercharged truck...on Hydrogen - 08/09/23 12:05 AM

Again , they need Hydride, it absorbs the hydrogen on the tank and only releases it when heated - watch

Also shows how easy it is to make hydrogen

Posted By: 360view

Re: Supercharged truck...on Hydrogen - 08/09/23 11:19 AM

I respect Hydrogen and support experiments of all possibilities.

It should not be forgotten that hot vaporized H2O has a strong Quantum Mechanical effect of redirecting half of infrared radiation each molecule emits downward back toward a planet’s surface.

This is wrongly called a “Greenhouse effect”
but greenhouse do not stay warm in winter that way.

Nearly every Thermodynamics textbook used by engineering students
has either a section explaining this,
or a “trick question” at the end of the chapter to hammer home the principle.

If a large portion of all the earth’s human activity was exhausting hot H2O gas what would the Quantum Mechanical effects in the atmosphere be?
© 2024 Moparts Forums