Moparts

anyone else having issue with firefox ?

Posted By: theraif

anyone else having issue with firefox ? - 07/26/23 04:05 PM

last week starting to get those pop up adds even with a add blocker , so i tried onther add block then today pop up are back and some other issues today shruggy
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: anyone else having issue with firefox ? - 07/26/23 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by theraif
last week starting to get those pop up adds even with a add blocker , so i tried onther add block then today pop up are back and some other issues today shruggy

My laptop was attacked by pop.ups here so had to reinstall what stops them.
My Samsung phone not Firefox same talking ads. Info Links
Yes only site a problem with is here.
Posted By: topside

Re: anyone else having issue with firefox ? - 07/26/23 05:23 PM

I use Firefox, and I've had to re-load my Adblocker every once in a while - maybe the ad people work pretty hard at work-arounds.
Not a big deal, but rather irritating.
Internet is pretty goofy here in the Idaho woods; sometimes I get "no internet connection", and a re-boot magically fixes it.
Posted By: basketcase

Re: anyone else having issue with firefox ? - 07/26/23 05:25 PM

Clint didn't have any trouble with it....

Attached picture c121e7f021467628dcc5edccf2271f892a0c39c8442e11f7b695575284ab538d._UR1920,1080_.jpg
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: anyone else having issue with firefox ? - 07/26/23 06:19 PM

Weird, mine was doing it a few weeks back for a couple days and then all has been fine now. Only does it here on moparts
Posted By: Devil

Re: anyone else having issue with firefox ? - 07/26/23 06:54 PM

Only use uBlock Origin. If you use any of the others they are selling your info fyi.

And the databases do eventually need to get updated. You can go into the adblock setting and clear the cache and update all the databases.

Firefox is my default browser, and I have had no issues.
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: anyone else having issue with firefox ? - 07/26/23 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Devil
Only use uBlock Origin. If you use any of the others they are selling your info fyi.

And the databases do eventually need to get updated. You can go into the adblock setting and clear the cache and update all the databases.

Firefox is my default browser, and I have had no issues.

iagree
Posted By: Dart 500

Re: anyone else having issue with firefox ? - 07/26/23 08:31 PM

Same happened to me, I had to start over again but remember to use data from firefox so it keeps your bookmarks etc. You'll have to re install ublock origin and sponsor block
Posted By: PhillyRag

Re: anyone else having issue with firefox ? - 07/26/23 11:32 PM

Are you opening site in a Private Window on firefox?
Posted By: 6PAX

Re: anyone else having issue with firefox ? - 07/26/23 11:45 PM

I haven't had a problem with ads lately on Firefox but it has been crashing quite a bit.
Posted By: MI_Custumz

Re: anyone else having issue with firefox ? - 07/27/23 10:06 AM

No issues on my home desktop computer with firefox. Laptop I have sometimes won't load anything when I open it. Google Chrome will and both computers are set up basically the same and firefox is the same version. I may have to uninstall it and reinstall it if it keeps up.
Posted By: moparts

Re: anyone else having issue with firefox ? - 07/28/23 12:07 AM

Moparts has the anchor ad from Infolink and some banners from Google

BUT NO pop up ads
Posted By: Sniper

Re: anyone else having issue with firefox ? - 07/28/23 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by moparts

BUT NO pop up ads

I use Firefox with AdBlocker Ultimate, no issues and I also don;t see these ads either.
Posted By: moparx

Re: anyone else having issue with firefox ? - 07/28/23 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Sniper
Originally Posted by moparts

BUT NO pop up ads

I use Firefox with AdBlocker Ultimate, no issues and I also don;t see these ads either.

firefox with adblock ultimate here as well for many years, and no problems whatsoever.
with that said, i use a desk top only, so that is my only experience.
beer
© 2024 Moparts Forums