Moparts

For those who remember Owen.

Posted By: burdar

For those who remember Owen. - 07/24/23 02:07 PM

Today marks 10 years since he passed away. I'm still appreciative for everyone who posted during that time. I can't believe 10 years have passed already. The years just keep flying by faster and faster. Tell your kids how much they mean to you today!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: For those who remember Owen. - 07/24/23 02:20 PM

angel
Posted By: FM3AAR

Re: For those who remember Owen. - 07/24/23 02:56 PM

I am very sorry for your loss. angel
Posted By: A12

Re: For those who remember Owen. - 07/24/23 03:24 PM

angel
Posted By: bigdad

Re: For those who remember Owen. - 07/24/23 03:39 PM

Sad , those 10 years went by fast , hope all is well
Posted By: TJP

Re: For those who remember Owen. - 07/24/23 04:04 PM

God must have needed another angel angel My heart feels for you on this day but rest assured he is in a much better place, đź’›
Posted By: moparx

Re: For those who remember Owen. - 07/24/23 04:56 PM

it is truly incredible how time flies by, but certain events seem just like yesterday.
prayers said for you, Owen, and your family..............
Posted By: hotairballoonpilot

Re: For those who remember Owen. - 07/24/23 06:11 PM

I remember him. I must of posted something about his passing on facebook as that came up on my memories.
corey
Posted By: rdrnr6970

Re: For those who remember Owen. - 07/24/23 06:31 PM

God Bless Owen were so sorry no matter how long its been were sure he's missed alot.God bless him ,you and you're family. angelAll the best..John and Ellie
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: For those who remember Owen. - 07/24/23 08:37 PM

angel
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: For those who remember Owen. - 07/24/23 11:07 PM

Oh my gosh I'm so sorry. He looks like such a sweetheart and like as short as his time was, I can see he loved being with daddy. I hope you are to the point that memories bring you some peace. I know that takes a long time.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: For those who remember Owen. - 07/24/23 11:33 PM

angel
Posted By: HUSTLESTUFF

Re: For those who remember Owen. - 07/25/23 10:44 AM

I think of him and you every time I see one of your post. Always wondering how you are doing, knowing Owen is in God's presence. I hope you are well and take pride in how great of a parent you are. Mike
Posted By: DUSTER_340

Re: For those who remember Owen. - 07/25/23 03:23 PM

angel
Posted By: Ramrod39

Re: For those who remember Owen. - 07/25/23 04:21 PM

Wow. 10 years already. Still sorry for your loss.
Posted By: rrbrucea

Re: For those who remember Owen. - 07/25/23 05:06 PM

Who could possibly forget that adorable young man? Our heartfelt condolences...
Posted By: 67vertman

Re: For those who remember Owen. - 07/25/23 07:57 PM

Yes the years pass fast. he passed the same year as my mom, and ten years seem like yesterday. He is missed and loved and will always be in your hearts.

Thanks for posting a reminder that we lost a great young man.
Posted By: topside

Re: For those who remember Owen. - 07/25/23 08:03 PM

All I can say is to echo the previous posts, and wish you peace and happy memories.
Posted By: JDMopar

Re: For those who remember Owen. - 07/26/23 02:21 AM

Wow, 10 years. I'm sure it's an anniversary that is sad for your family every year, no matter how many. I can remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when Joe Wood called me to let me know. Thank you for telling Owen's story back then and letting us get to know him through his little life. Because you were willing to share with us, it made Owen seem more like the kid next door instead of a little boy 1500 miles away. I hope and pray that you and your family are enjoying happy and fun times together nowadays and it's a little easier to celebrate Owen's life when this time rolls around. Take care, and thanks for the reminder and pics of that handsome little guy.
Posted By: ink

Re: For those who remember Owen. - 07/26/23 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by HUSTLESTUFF
I think of him and you every time I see one of your post. Always wondering how you are doing, knowing Owen is in God's presence. I hope you are well and take pride in how great of a parent you are. Mike
^^^^^^^^^^^ this. I can't imagine.
Posted By: MadMopars

Re: For those who remember Owen. - 07/26/23 03:11 AM

I can't even imagine... My heart goes out to your family.

Is there still a way to make a donation to St. Judes in honor of Owen?
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: For those who remember Owen. - 07/26/23 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by MadMopars
I can't even imagine... My heart goes out to your family.

Is there still a way to make a donation to St. Judes in honor of Owen?

Absolutely

An eligible donation made to St. Jude in memory of or in honor of someone is a tax-deductible donation for the individual who makes the gift to the extent allowed by law.

You can also make a donation in memoriam through the American Cancer Society. I'm almost certain it was cancer that took him.

https://donate.cancer.org/?campaign=default&lang=en
Posted By: burdar

Re: For those who remember Owen. - 07/26/23 12:38 PM

Owen had brain cancer and it spread to his spine. He had over 30 rounds of high dose radiation and 3 rounds of chemo. He was a trooper. I got an email from St Jude this week in remembrance of him. St Jude is a wonderful place.
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: For those who remember Owen. - 07/26/23 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by burdar
St Jude is a wonderful place.

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is a pediatric treatment and research facility located in Memphis, Tennessee. Founded by entertainer Danny Thomas in 1962, it is a 501(c)(3) designated nonprofit medical corporation which focuses on children's catastrophic diseases, particularly leukemia and other cancers.

FF to 24:38 to see Danny Thomas promoting the new hospital in 1956.

Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: For those who remember Owen. - 07/26/23 09:52 PM

angel
Posted By: adventurer

Re: For those who remember Owen. - 07/27/23 03:49 AM

angel
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: For those who remember Owen. - 07/27/23 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by burdar
Owen had brain cancer and it spread to his spine. He had over 30 rounds of high dose radiation and 3 rounds of chemo. He was a trooper. I got an email from St Jude this week in remembrance of him. St Jude is a wonderful place.
I make a yearly donation to St. Judes. What a great organization. It's hard enough to imagine what you went through with St. Judes. Can't imagine without.
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: For those who remember Owen. - 07/31/23 12:55 AM

I remember Owen, and everytime I see one of your post's, I think of you and Owen too. What a brave young man he was! To go through all those treatments at his age. My wife died of cervical cancer, so I understand what Owen, you and your family had to deal with, during those rounds of treatment. As others have posted, always be comforted in the fact that Owen is alive and well in his spiritual body! He is safe, in Jesus' arms... awaiting you and the rest of your family, so you can all be reunited someday. May God bless him, and your family. angel
Posted By: Devil

Re: For those who remember Owen. - 08/01/23 01:22 AM

I remember. I always think of him when I see one of your posts somewhere.
Posted By: FrankenScamp

Re: For those who remember Owen. - 08/01/23 03:35 AM

Ryan summed it up....every time you post.

I go through a “Owen Drive” intersection on my way to work, almost daily. Again, every time...

Just couldn’t imagine, man. Cool you posted about him. thumbs angel frown

Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: For those who remember Owen. - 08/02/23 05:03 PM

Many of us do remember, absolutely.

Myself to the point where I hesitated repeatedly to even open this thread.

My heart goes out to you.
© 2024 Moparts Forums