Moparts

Uncle Tony does not like this clone car.

Posted By: migsBIG

Uncle Tony does not like this clone car. - 07/17/23 09:21 PM

I laughed pretty at this when he pointed out the cars flaws and the price. laugh2

Posted By: Neil

Re: Uncle Tony does not like this clone car. - 07/17/23 10:13 PM

$32,900 fan
Posted By: Dart 500

Re: Uncle Tony does not like this clone car. - 07/17/23 10:38 PM

Watched a bit of it, fact is most people arent going to care as long as it looks, sounds and drives good. There's a very nice 68 charger a block from me thats the wrong color, (PCP) but the owner doesnt care, so why should I.
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Uncle Tony does not like this clone car. - 07/17/23 10:45 PM

Cant even watch it. The fool just rambles on for the first four minutes and says nothing. I guess he does not watch any of his own vids.
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Uncle Tony does not like this clone car. - 07/17/23 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Mr PotatoHead
Cant even watch it. The fool just rambles on for the first four minutes and says nothing. I guess he does not watch any of his own vids.

The guy is so knowledgeable, and I loved reading his articles and columns, but wow does he love the sound of his own voice.

Re: Uncle Tony does not like this clone car. - 07/17/23 11:01 PM

His early vids were much better.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Uncle Tony does not like this clone car. - 07/17/23 11:28 PM

Tony`s price is way low. Not 32,000 IMO but not 6 to 8 either.
Posted By: Tempest

Re: Uncle Tony does not like this clone car. - 07/17/23 11:33 PM

There are more detailed pics of this car on the retail website and OMG!
Posted By: Neil

Re: Uncle Tony does not like this clone car. - 07/18/23 12:05 AM

A few short years ago a mediocre attempt at a clone car like this would be 12-15 tops where I'm at.

If this had a 426 in it instead someone might take the bait at this price?

Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Uncle Tony does not like this clone car. - 07/18/23 02:53 AM

Uncle Toolbag..... fart
Posted By: GY3

Re: Uncle Tony does not like this clone car. - 07/18/23 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by not_a_charger

The guy is so knowledgeable, and I loved reading his articles and columns, but wow does he love the sound of his own voice.

His editorial skills have not translated well to Youtube.

Drunkle Tony
Posted By: 2boltmain

Re: Uncle Tony does not like this clone car. - 07/18/23 05:57 PM

Tony features a restoration shop who's channel name is Kiwis Customs and Classics. This guy is an Aussie and is amazing. His business features auction cars where gullible people payed big money.............just to find out structurally and metal work wise the cars are junk. The paint jobs on these crap cars are AMAZING. In this video try not to focus on Tony but just look at this XR7. Beautiful car and paint. Beautiful interior and bumpers. Thumpin 351 Cleveland too. But the metal is ROTTON.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wNmvDyoTO8
Posted By: MarkZ

Re: Uncle Tony does not like this clone car. - 07/19/23 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by 2boltmain
Tony features a restoration shop who's channel name is Kiwis Customs and Classics. This guy is an Aussie and is amazing. His business features auction cars where gullible people payed big money.............just to find out structurally and metal work wise the cars are junk. The paint jobs on these crap cars are AMAZING. In this video try not to focus on Tony but just look at this XR7. Beautiful car and paint. Beautiful interior and bumpers. Thumpin 351 Cleveland too. But the metal is ROTTON.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wNmvDyoTO8

I watched that video as well as his other flipper-gone-wrong stuff. I don't know why, but I can watch that stuff for hours. It's like a train wreck. You just can't look away.

Re: Uncle Tony does not like this clone car. - 07/20/23 02:20 AM

My brother was deep into those cars and thats the norm. Even in the 80s the rot was unreal. Not an excuse for the nice paint/stealth bondo but the BUYER has the responsibility to know what hes buying. Most of us know the pitfalls of the cars we love and know what to ask and where to look.

Its 2023, no excuse not to look into what one is buying and with the costs of even the most basic heaps these days a few hundred to pay for a long distance third party inspection is money well spent.
Posted By: PhillyRag

Re: Uncle Tony does not like this clone car. - 07/20/23 06:02 AM

My brother was deep into those cars and thats the norm. Even in the 80s the rot was unreal. Not an excuse for the nice paint/stealth bondo but the BUYER has the responsibility to know what hes buying. Most of us know the pitfalls of the cars we love and know what to ask and where to look.

Its 2023, no excuse not to look into what one is buying and with the costs of even the most basic heaps these days a few hundred to pay for a long distance third party inspection is money well spent.

So true!!! we're dealing with adults mainly here. Not like a 17 year old & first car. With that kinda dough spent, you'd think they'd have an equal amount in their heads.
If you paid me $1million for the Brooklyn Bridge, you deserve what you got!
Posted By: 2boltmain

Re: Uncle Tony does not like this clone car. - 07/20/23 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by PhillyRag

So true!!! we're dealing with adults mainly here. Not like a 17 year old & first car. With that kinda dough spent, you'd think they'd have an equal amount in their heads.
If you paid me $1million for the Brooklyn Bridge, you deserve what you got!

What gets me with these people buying the high dollar flipper cars is they are older and were around in the 70s when these cars were rotted hulks after 5 years. They saw the era of "Bondo Buggies." They should know better!!! They obviously have money- or at least good enough credit to finance a high dollar classic. Bring someone with you to the auction to look under the car! I believe the auction will allow someone to lay down and look under a car. The Mercury Cougar in question would have been an EASY to spot bad deal.
Posted By: topside

Re: Uncle Tony does not like this clone car. - 07/20/23 07:21 PM

Maybe the best money I've spent in some time was an inspection on a Road Runner in NM.
(I know the '68-'69 RRs like the back of my hand, after several restorations and owning 15 of 'em through the years.)
Attractive car, great color, but a couple of the photos raised questions.
Found a guy through a contact I've done appraisals for, and had him meet the seller and call me so I could communicate concerns.
Turns out that what I thought I saw that would be a deal-killer for me was definitely there, and a couple additional things as well.

I learned my lesson on another car, where the seller said all the right things over several conversations, and supplied photos & a video.
Turned out the guy was (and likely still is) a liar and BSer, and the photos were carefully taken so as not to show problems.

Couple of years ago, a member here checked out another car for me, and it worked out great.
Posted By: hotairballoonpilot

Re: Uncle Tony does not like this clone car. - 07/21/23 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by topside
Maybe the best money I've spent in some time was an inspection on a Road Runner in NM.
(I know the '68-'69 RRs like the back of my hand, after several restorations and owning 15 of 'em through the years.)
Attractive car, great color, but a couple of the photos raised questions.
Found a guy through a contact I've done appraisals for, and had him meet the seller and call me so I could communicate concerns.
Turns out that what I thought I saw that would be a deal-killer for me was definitely there, and a couple additional things as well.

I learned my lesson on another car, where the seller said all the right things over several conversations, and supplied photos & a video.
Turned out the guy was (and likely still is) a liar and BSer, and the photos were carefully taken so as not to show problems.

Couple of years ago, a member here checked out another car for me, and it worked out great.

Miss seeing that runner around these parts. Have you broke 18K on miles on it?
Posted By: formula_s

Re: Uncle Tony does not like this clone car. - 07/21/23 01:18 AM

That thing is not a clone/clown/tribute or whatever, it's a look a like and one of the worst ever. with a 318.
Posted By: formula_s

Re: Uncle Tony does not like this clone car. - 07/21/23 01:19 AM

That thing is not a clone/clown/tribute or whatever, it's a look a like and one of the worst ever. with a 318.
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Uncle Tony does not like this clone car. - 07/21/23 01:20 AM

Once more for effect!

biggrin
Posted By: topside

Re: Uncle Tony does not like this clone car. - 07/21/23 01:37 AM

Hey, Corey -
No, hasn't hit 18 yet - been kinda tied up with relocating.
I take it out once or twice a month, but it'll see more use when I land at the new place.
Did change the wheels & tires, and did a few things like dated plug wires, heater hoses & stock valve covers.

Attached picture June23LRlow.jpg
Attached picture EngJune2.jpg
Posted By: hotairballoonpilot

Re: Uncle Tony does not like this clone car. - 08/02/23 10:08 PM

looks sweet. I think it is in the right care taker's hands!
© 2024 Moparts Forums