Carlisle weather - 07/08/23 11:53 PM

Not looking good for the weekend !!!
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Carlisle weather - 07/08/23 11:57 PM

Rain again???? or Hot and Humid???
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: Carlisle is the BEST show on earth! - 07/09/23 12:02 AM

Pessimist! down

As a person that lives nearby, most of the 'predicted' rain lately has not happened.

Carlisle is actually in a 'moderate drought' condition right now. up

But pessimists are always welcome to stay home. work
Posted By: rdrnr6970

Re: Carlisle is the BEST show on earth! - 07/09/23 11:35 AM

Weather people keep saying it's gonna be stormy at the shore..well no it hasn't been. We'll be there rain or shine! drive
Posted By: moparjim79

Re: Carlisle is the BEST show on earth! - 07/09/23 03:44 PM

Don't make plans to come to chryslers at carlisle unless you're ready to deal with the heat and humidity. Happens every year. Otherwise, its rained very few times during the show.

Re: Carlisle is the BEST show on earth! - 07/11/23 09:48 PM

Looks like temps might be in the 90s with possible thunder storms this weekend no biggie we will be there! drive
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Carlisle is the BEST show on earth! - 07/12/23 02:25 AM

I check it everyday and the chance of rain has been going down for the last 5 days, only slightly though. It is always hot and it always rains, nothing new here, been driving out to Carlisle since 1992 , missed the first year because I didn't know about it, haven't missed it since! Early 90's it was 100 degrees then a tornado came through, was fun figuring out where my parts went and whose were in my space! laugh2 After the downpours it was 100 degrees the next day and 500% humidity! boogie
Posted By: PhillyRag

Re: Carlisle is the BEST show on earth! - 07/12/23 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart
I check it everyday and the chance of rain has been going down for the last 5 days, only slightly though. It is always hot and it always rains, nothing new here, been driving out to Carlisle since 1992 , missed the first year because I didn't know about it, haven't missed it since! Early 90's it was 100 degrees then a tornado came through, was fun figuring out where my parts went and whose were in my space! laugh2 After the downpours it was 100 degrees the next day and 500% humidity! boogie

Remember those days of near 100's. And you had to look far&wide for any hose/sprinklers to cool off with.
You'd think Carlisle would have had something setup for the guests.
So bad your souls were sticking to the asphalt walking around.
Posted By: 69Cuda340S

Re: Carlisle is the BEST show on earth! - 07/12/23 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by PhillyRag

Remember those days of near 100's. And you had to look far&wide for any hose/sprinklers to cool off with.
You'd think Carlisle would have had something setup for the guests.
So bad your souls were sticking to the asphalt walking around.

I was just at Carlisle for the Ford show in June and it hit upper 90s high humidity got so hot had to roll out early. My wife said there is a "cooling room" in one of the buildings and ppl had babies in there with nothing but diapers on to cool off in the AC room.

Had my Barracuda at Carlisle several years back and it hit 105+ degrees temp plus humidity. Why I went knowing ahead it was going to be that bad I have no idea. Then my torque converter cracked on the drive home spewing trans fluid all over exhaust. It was a memorable day for sure.
Posted By: roadrunninMark

Re: Carlisle is the BEST show on earth! - 07/12/23 03:32 AM

I wish they would change it to the fall. I think only 1 time out of at least 7 was the weather "good". Fall would be a great time of the year for it.
Posted By: RTSE4ME

Re: Carlisle is the BEST show on earth! - 07/12/23 06:24 PM

I would go if they changed it to fall or spring. I would go in winter even but will never go in July.
Posted By: 1969ronnie

Re: Carlisle is the BEST show on earth! - 07/14/23 07:40 PM

drive ThunderStorm is coming , But Great Show so far . bump
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Carlisle is the BEST show on earth! - 07/14/23 07:44 PM

I’m sure glad they didn’t get the storm to blew up in Freeport Pa. Last night.

Attached picture 1DFAE891-642E-4B1E-BBC6-9E1026E8F948.jpeg
Attached picture 20F69258-D40B-4E03-B290-B39CEE187540.jpeg
Attached picture 3A228A37-F0D4-494E-863C-E843AAF4FD94.jpeg
Attached picture 6F4633DA-4788-49A8-BC26-C9BD8A367327.jpeg

Re: Carlisle is the BEST show on earth! - 07/14/23 08:40 PM

We left at 230 today after about 5 hours- it was wicked hot and humid. Its gonna be PACKED tomorrow! Annnnnnnnnndd...... a high of mid 90s. Yikes.

Re: Carlisle is the BEST show on earth! - 07/14/23 09:14 PM

We hear ya!Already freezing bottled waters and have cooling fans we'll see how it goes. luck up drive
Posted By: PhillyRag

Re: Carlisle is the BEST show on earth! - 07/14/23 09:31 PM

I always soak an old white t-shirt in water, then wrap around the neck.
Your neck has vessels close to surface & rag evaporating cools them.
Just re-wet in washrooms or other means.

Re: Carlisle is the BEST show on earth! - 07/14/23 09:43 PM

Good advice man, ill keep that in mind
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Carlisle is the BEST show on earth! - 07/15/23 12:56 AM

Saw a big storm moving in about 3:00 then is just fizzled out and sprinkled for 3 minutes! up Gonna be nasty hot tomorrow... runaway
Posted By: Runner2go

Re: Carlisle is the BEST show on earth! - 07/15/23 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart
Saw a big storm moving in about 3:00 then is just fizzled out and sprinkled for 3 minutes! up Gonna be nasty hot tomorrow... runaway

Hit one on 83 on the way home to York, it went from sunny to [censored] black 4-ways & brake lights everywhere, was like driving in a hurricane… for about 3 whole miles. Then right back to clear skies. Luckily for the show it stayed to the south.

How does the word “ p i t c h “ get censored? shruggy
Posted By: Moparite

Re: Carlisle is the BEST show on earth! - 07/15/23 05:06 PM

Censor software thought the "P" was a "B". I was there in late 90's and there was a guy that had a thermometer out that was reading over 100. It was so hot my fingers looked like i was in a pool for hours. It was horrible!
Posted By: 1969ronnie

Re: Carlisle is the BEST show on earth! - 07/16/23 01:12 AM

down Nasty ThunderStorm coming . Tying down the Parts Tents Extra Heavy , so they don't Blow and Damage Nice MOPARS . bump Hope everyone Ropes everything Down . drive
Posted By: RoadRunnerLuva

Re: Carlisle is the BEST show on earth! - 07/16/23 04:10 AM

When I worked at my local drag strip for 10 years, I would always have a wet rag to keep my neck cool, on really hot days. The hot weather, along with the track surface... would be murder on track officials. Hydration and cool rags were the best way to get through day.
Posted By: Remy-Z

Re: Carlisle is the BEST show on earth! - 07/18/23 12:08 AM

Saturday was oppressive. By the end of the Malaise Era Parade I was so shot that I just packed the car up and went to the hotel. I can deal with hot. I cannot deal with hot and humid. Just unpacked everything and started washing clothes and you could see the salt falling off of my t-shirts.

Re: Carlisle is the BEST show on earth! - 07/18/23 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Remy-Z
Saturday was oppressive. By the end of the Malaise Era Parade I was so shot that I just packed the car up and went to the hotel. I can deal with hot. I cannot deal with hot and humid. Just unpacked everything and started washing clothes and you could see the salt falling off of my t-shirts.

I didnt know that was a thing until last summer. There's a lot of salt in our sweat!!!(and it does stain your clothing)
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Carlisle is the BEST show on earth! - 07/18/23 12:09 PM

Friday was tolerable. Having the scooter and not having to walk makes it much better. The battle of "cold" water sitting in the cupholder was warm enough to make tea by 10:30! The cold wrap on the neck has be a "must" for me for years. I generally do the whole swapmeet and some of the show field in one day - mainly because of the heat. This year we headed up to the Syracuse show and walked it. Hot but bearable.
Posted By: 69hemibeep

Re: Carlisle is the BEST show on earth! - 07/18/23 12:51 PM

We came in from Phoenix, found it sticky and warm but not hot so it was a nice change. Great show and swap meet and a good thing I left room in my carry on!
© 2024 Moparts Forums