Moparts

snake ID

Posted By: RO23dave

snake ID - 07/05/23 02:18 PM

have a 5' king snake in the garden, then this morning grabbed some hay, put it into the wheelbarrow and the last batch i was throwing out ran into a snake at the bottom of the tub. any time i approached it, it would try to strike. distinctive pattern about a foot long maybe a youngster. can anyone pm their cell number so i can send a picture for an ID? i don't know how to post the picture on moparts. thanks in advance Dave ss/ea #1355 fury
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: snake ID - 07/05/23 05:22 PM

I have the exact same question this morning but of course I can't post pics here...
Posted By: stumpy

Re: snake ID - 07/05/23 05:48 PM

At the bottom of the post box there is a "Attachment Manager". click on it and follow the instructions. posting pictures is very easy. Just have the picture on your computer or somewhere else to link it to.

Attached picture wheelie 001 (3).jpg
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: snake ID - 07/05/23 09:35 PM

Copperheads and Rattlesnakes have a distinctive diamond shaped pattern on their backs.

Many venomous snakes have a really flat looking top of their heads.

I was cleaning out some leaves by the garage and a 7-9 inch long snake was in them, he started striking at the broom.
It was a baby copperhead. He go relocated off into the woods far away from the garage.

On a side note I found an over 6 foot long blacksnake skin near the garage about a week after that.

As already stated, attaching a pic is fairly easy.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: snake ID - 07/06/23 02:35 AM

I had a similar experience with young, less than a 12 inch long, Bullsnake AKA Gopher Snake, in Mojave high Desert back in 1971or 1972, CRS.
I've caught a bunch of snakes when I was a kid with no issues, that little rascal was ferocious hissing and striking and struck at me many times, it was in late October and had starting getting cold out but he didn't know it shock I caught it and put it in a bottle with some holes punch into the lid and took it to work the next day to ask one of our Foreman who was an American Indian rancher/cowboy also. He identified it and I took it home and let it go up
My wife had a horse at that time and those snakes catch and eat mice which get into the hay: rant The snake should have been a helper on keeping them in control up:
© 2024 Moparts Forums