Moparts

4 Post Lift

Posted By: 1fastrunner

4 Post Lift - 07/04/23 06:12 PM

I will be getting a 4 Post Lift set up soon in my garage. The posts will not be secured to the floor so it can be moved. Should there be something between the post and the concrete floor? I see some people use a rubber pad in case of water or moisture, but does it really help?
Jim
Posted By: Stanton

Re: 4 Post Lift - 07/04/23 06:14 PM

How bad is your water problem ?!?!?

Re: 4 Post Lift - 07/04/23 06:22 PM

Don't really have a water problem, but do get some condensation on the floor when humidity is high.
Posted By: chargervert

Re: 4 Post Lift - 07/04/23 06:48 PM

Mine are sitting right on the concrete floor and I have no issues. I have five of them.

Attached picture 20220925_200214 (1).jpg
Posted By: Old_Moparz

Re: 4 Post Lift - 07/05/23 02:34 PM

I've had 2 lifts set up since maybe 2005 or 2006, don't have anything between the base of the post & the concrete & all is fine.

If you have some type of expensive coating on the floor I can see wanting to place something in between so it doesn't chip.

Attached picture Too Much Shit 001.jpg

Re: 4 Post Lift - 07/08/23 09:38 PM

I guess I won't over think it then. I was worried about the concrete getting condensation and having it get between the metal and the concrete.
Posted By: Moparite

Re: 4 Post Lift - 07/09/23 06:28 PM

usually the bases are fairly think, I would be more concerned with not bolting them down. But it depends on the lift and where you live.
Posted By: TJP

Re: 4 Post Lift - 07/10/23 02:00 AM

They are way more stable when bolted. But I used one for many years unbolted. beer
Posted By: JDMopar

Re: 4 Post Lift - 07/10/23 03:27 PM

I don't have anything between my post bottom plates and the concrete, and have never seen any rust spots or stains when I have moved my lift. I guess if you had to scoot it around or drag it on the concrete it would skin the bottoms and make it rust. I have the wheel kit with mine, and it will work the same way as yours. Enjoy your new lift, and using it for work is a LOT differen than laying on your back working! You will have to figure out how to work all over again....lol. up
© 2024 Moparts Forums