Moparts

Like Roller Coasters? Watch THIS

Posted By: TJP

Like Roller Coasters? Watch THIS - 07/02/23 04:33 PM

HOLY 💩💩
How could this have not been noticed by the "Maintenance" ?? crew. Some people should be in the unemployment line as of Monday AM if not sooner

Go to full screen and FFW to ~ 30 seconds HOLY CR_P 😲😲😲
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Like Roller Coasters? Watch THIS - 07/02/23 05:05 PM

I hate roller coasters PERIOD - won't even go on the ones for little kids.
Posted By: Dabee

Re: Like Roller Coasters? Watch THIS - 07/02/23 05:08 PM

Seen that this morning. Scary stuff. Yes the maintenance crew needs to be canned for not catching that.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Like Roller Coasters? Watch THIS - 07/02/23 05:09 PM

Kind of hard to believe nobody saw that before the video. What ever happened to checking things daily?
Posted By: jcc

Re: Like Roller Coasters? Watch THIS - 07/02/23 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Dabee
Seen that this morning. Scary stuff. Yes the maintenance crew needs to be canned for not catching that.

I kind of agree, but I operate under the premise, everyone has a boss, and if the Maintenace/inspection crew is sent packing, their boss should be right out the door with them.
What we don't know is whether a beginning crack was found, but higher ups dismissed it.
There is a design/material/ manufacturing/inspection issue here, and EVERY roller coaster should be put on immediate lock down and reinspected. That is an obvious predicable cyclic stress nonredundant node point.
Everybody got lucky, that the surrounding joints have yet to fail.

kudos to whoever reported it and the same for the staff member that did not blow the report off
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: Like Roller Coasters? Watch THIS - 07/02/23 05:48 PM

I enjoyed amusement parks when I was a kid - what kid doesn't? But I outgrew them a LONG time ago. Final straw was years ago when my girls were little - we went to Cedar Point. Hot as heck outside & the place was SO packed with people, you had to wait at least 45 minutes in line to get on any ride. The more "popular" rides hour & a half. I think we took 4 rides in all. That was it for me - done with them forever. This video - yeah - pretty scary.
Posted By: TJP

Re: Like Roller Coasters? Watch THIS - 07/02/23 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by mopars4ever
Kind of hard to believe nobody saw that before the video. What ever happened to checking things daily?

Maybe they were using an APP for that 🙄 our young in's love their phones LOL.
The entire dept. and manager would be GONE!!!
Posted By: 1969ronnie

Re: Like Roller Coasters? Watch THIS - 07/02/23 06:48 PM

wave Hi , On the way back from Mopars Carlisle a few Years ago , I stayed on I-78 to New Jersey , I-95 South with Six Flags on My mind . While Driving to the Park 1 HOUR away , We could see the top of the Airplane Warning lights Blinking on Top of KingDa Ka , 456 Feet Tall Roller Coaster . I Ran to get in line , and did Kingda Ka 3 Times that afternoon ! boogie Highly Recommended . Not as much Fun as My #909 B17 Ride , But I won't forget that 125 MPH coaster take off Blast . Six Flags New Jersey KingDa Ka is Highly Recommended to you Crazy MOPARTS Members . drive Ronnie
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Like Roller Coasters? Watch THIS - 07/02/23 09:48 PM

"SLIGHT movement" ?? Holy crap!! eek

Never been a fan of roller coasters. There's a wooden coaster not far from here, that sucker moves a LOT, and I've often wondered just how strong it really is.....
Posted By: resqguy

Re: Like Roller Coasters? Watch THIS - 07/02/23 09:53 PM

When I watch the MotorTrend channel on Filo I get the same Carowinds commercial one or two times on every break. Roughly 15 repeats of the same commercial per each hour of MotorTrend content. I think they should invest more money in maintenance and less money advertising.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Like Roller Coasters? Watch THIS - 07/02/23 10:05 PM

I think a little JB Weld would fix it fine.
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Like Roller Coasters? Watch THIS - 07/02/23 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by larrymopar360

And/or duct tape......... runaway
Posted By: A12

Re: Like Roller Coasters? Watch THIS - 07/02/23 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by SattyNoCar
Originally Posted by larrymopar360

And/or duct tape......... runaway

Don't forget the hose clamps wink panic
Posted By: chargervert

Re: Like Roller Coasters? Watch THIS - 07/02/23 11:19 PM

Frieburger would use zipties on it

Re: Like Roller Coasters? Watch THIS - 07/02/23 11:56 PM

That park is owned by Cedar Fair that owns the park twenty minutes away that my wife and son have, and have had season passes for Cedar Point. They just closed a ride there Top Thrill Dragster after a metal piece injured a woman waiting in line to ride it. My wife saw this and now is worried that they are getting too lax with safety inspections, I'm concerned too. Cedar Point claims to be the roller coaster capital and has lots of coasters, maybe too many to do sufficient daily safety inspection, hope not.
Posted By: kidmopar

Re: Like Roller Coasters? Watch THIS - 07/03/23 01:31 AM

CNN right on top of things looking out for the safety of the AMERICAN public ! Cudos to the great staff ! up boogie thumbs grin punkrocka
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: Like Roller Coasters? Watch THIS - 07/03/23 02:45 AM

EVERYBODY knows CNN is the best! rolleyes
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Like Roller Coasters? Watch THIS - 07/03/23 05:18 AM

I'm glad that they found that before it failed and hurt and or killed a lot of people up boogie work
I've road more than one roller coaster that I didn't want to but my step kids and grand kids ask me to ride with them so I did realcrazy shruggy
Posted By: Moparite

Re: Like Roller Coasters? Watch THIS - 07/03/23 02:32 PM

Makes you wander what else they didn't see. Shut the ride down and loose X amount of $$$. Hard to believe but it still happens.
Posted By: theraif

Re: Like Roller Coasters? Watch THIS - 07/03/23 05:46 PM

never been of coasters but i`ll just at a chance to get into a ss/ah car or dirt late model and dirt modified
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Like Roller Coasters? Watch THIS - 07/03/23 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by kidmopar
CNN right on top of things looking out for the safety of the AMERICAN public ! Cudos to the great staff ! up boogie thumbs grin punkrocka
Lol so true.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Like Roller Coasters? Watch THIS - 07/03/23 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Moparite
Makes you wander what else they didn't see. Shut the ride down and loose X amount of $$$. Hard to believe but it still happens.
It probably depends on which staethe roller coasters are in on how often they need a state inspection and recertification.
I was told that all the roller coasters in CA theme parks like Magic Mountain and Disney Land need a visual inspection every day before it operates by a state certified company employee before being allowed to run the day shruggy confused
Posted By: jcc

Re: Like Roller Coasters? Watch THIS - 07/04/23 12:05 AM

Imo there is an easy confidence building final straw last resort wireless fix here that maybe should be mandated on these structures. Motion sensors would have detected that extra movement observed or remote optical laser sensors with specific realtime 24/7 targets on the structure would also detect out of range movement of the support structure. Both solutions could be computer monitored with out of limit warnings and override shutdowns capability. Both would be most important on the first no passenger test run of the day, and every run thereafter.
Posted By: 2boltmain

Re: Like Roller Coasters? Watch THIS - 07/04/23 01:44 PM

Food, car parts, repair contractors -all of it is not available, expensive or non existent due to people not working or the people working not giving a damn. Why would amusement park maintenance crews be any different.
Posted By: Moparite

Re: Like Roller Coasters? Watch THIS - 07/04/23 02:06 PM

Peoples lives are at risk and possible law suit. Hard to believe that the maintenance staff missed it. If it wasn't them it was management not doing anything about it. That crack didn't happen over night so somebody has to be accountable.

Re: Like Roller Coasters? Watch THIS - 07/04/23 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Moparite
Peoples lives are at risk and possible law suit. Hard to believe that the maintenance staff missed it. If it wasn't them it was management not doing anything about it. That crack didn't happen over night so somebody has to be accountable.

Carowinds: "What crack? We don't see no crack." shruggy scope shruggy whistling

Attached picture AA1dpUPs.jpg

Re: Like Roller Coasters? Watch THIS - 07/04/23 06:31 PM

The person that reported it said that there was no urgent reaction to his video that he sent to Carowinds so he threw his hands up. That's him a few rows from the front wink

Attached picture roller 01.jpg
Posted By: bee1971

Re: Like Roller Coasters? Watch THIS - 07/04/23 10:13 PM

Locally

So if your upside down for hours , one button says goodbye to everyone

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/04/us/wisconsin-roller-coaster-riders-stuck/index.html
© 2024 Moparts Forums