Moparts

Helicopter Pilot From Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry:

Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Helicopter Pilot From Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry: - 05/27/23 11:22 PM

He was James Gavin - a Hollywood stunt pilot, & he was in a lot of things. I just watched a Rockford episode, & he was in there too. Anyway, I found this video tribute to him & figgered you'd all enjoy watching it too. I thought he was the chopper pilot in Vanishing Point too, but that movie was not listed under his credits. RIP James - he died in 2005 at 70.

https://youtu.be/HqWYUxLOWoI
Posted By: Moparite

Re: Helicopter Pilot From Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry: - 05/28/23 12:51 PM

Funny you brought up DMCL, I looked up if Susan George was still alive and she is. I think she still looks good for 72.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: Helicopter Pilot From Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry: - 05/28/23 01:14 PM

Wow - she looks great!
Posted By: basketcase

Re: Helicopter Pilot From Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry: - 05/28/23 02:03 PM

James Gavin was the man responsible for a lot of the movie and TV flying. He appeared in a couple Adam 12 episodes, directed the flying for Baa Baa Black Sheep.

Attached picture 32647-5051-0.jpg
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Helicopter Pilot From Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry: - 05/28/23 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by basketcase
James Gavin was the man responsible for a lot of the movie and TV flying. He appeared in a couple Adam 12 episodes, directed the flying for Baa Baa Black Sheep.
You beat me to it. I was gonna mention Adam-12 too up
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Helicopter Pilot From Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry: - 05/28/23 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Moparite
Funny you brought up DMCL, I looked up if Susan George was still alive and she is. I think she still looks good for 72.

[Linked Image]
who is she?
Did she paly in the movie? CRS whiney blush
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Helicopter Pilot From Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry: - 05/28/23 09:06 PM

See it in her smile and eyes

Attached picture Dirty-Mary-2-1600x900-c-default.jpg
Posted By: chargervert

Re: Helicopter Pilot From Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry: - 05/29/23 09:09 AM

Susan looks great! The cast with the only Charger to survive the making of the movie.

Attached picture tumblr_md4f3tU3291qh50swo1_500.jpg
Attached picture Ndvd_537b.jpg
Attached picture R (8).jpg
Attached picture dmclsmashedcar2.jpg
Posted By: Moparite

Re: Helicopter Pilot From Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry: - 05/29/23 01:58 PM

IF that is the only remaining car it should be in a museum not rotting away in a yard.
Posted By: theraif

Re: Helicopter Pilot From Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry: - 05/29/23 02:27 PM

Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Helicopter Pilot From Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry: - 05/29/23 05:42 PM

The dude doing the "10 facts about" type videos puts out false information too many times. He has done videos on the General Lee, stating that a shortage of Chargers led to the use of AMC cars for substitutes, that they used more R/Ts than any other model and other BS lies.
His voice is weird, like he speaks in hushed tones in a hotel bathroom or some weird stuff.

Re: Helicopter Pilot From Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry: - 05/29/23 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Moparite
IF that is the only remaining car it should be in a museum not rotting away in a yard.

I believe it to be the car. Note the damage to the drivers side rear quarter panel,in the second picture I posted,caused in the scene with the interceptor,and the body work on the rear quarter of the car in the yard.
Posted By: VL21

Re: Helicopter Pilot From Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry: - 05/30/23 12:46 AM

The car in the action pics, wrecked, was a vinyl roof car, the nice shiny car is not, maybe a clone, maybe the "star" car

Re: Helicopter Pilot From Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry: - 05/30/23 03:23 AM

All three Chargers used in the movie were originally vynal top cars with the tops removed. Non vynal top cars did not have the vynal top moldings. The cars were all repainted in a 1971 Dodge citron yellow paint. These are pictures of the other two Chargers,both were destroyed when they hit the train. The 68 Charger R/T was loaded with explosives and crashed into the train on the first take,but the explosives didn't detonate. The next day the second Charger,believed to be a Charger SE because of the missing Charger script emblems on the C pillars was loaded with explosives and exploded on impact with the train.

Attached picture 54339.jpg
Attached picture R (9).jpg
Attached picture 101272.jpg
Attached picture 101263.jpg

Re: Helicopter Pilot From Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry: - 05/30/23 03:41 AM

The car that hit the train and exploded at the end of the film was the 69 Charger SE. The Charger script emblem is missing on that car. In one of the pictures you can actually see the explosives detonate and blow out the rear window.

Attached picture fguyherbgard7ym5.7780.jpg
Attached picture R (10).jpg
Attached picture undamaged.jpg
Attached picture DMCLpossible4thcharger2.jpg

Re: Helicopter Pilot From Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry: - 05/30/23 03:53 AM

The 69 Charger has the tall bumperetts and the other 69 and the 68 did not.

Attached picture 101266.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums