Moparts

Mrs Orcutts driveway

Posted By: Dart 500

Mrs Orcutts driveway - 05/04/23 09:16 AM

Cool history lesson, has a car aspect too

Posted By: 56_Royal_Lancer

Re: Mrs Orcutts driveway - 05/04/23 11:50 AM

I know the story of "Mrs. Orcutt's Driveway" and was looking forward to watching this but the woman on camera grated on my nerves to the point that I had to shut it off.

Re: Mrs Orcutts driveway - 05/04/23 12:30 PM

She's not for everyone, but this also isn't an airport, we dont need to know about your departure smile
Posted By: W.I.N. Racing

Re: Mrs Orcutts driveway - 05/04/23 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by 56_Royal_Lancer
but the woman on camera grated on my nerves to the point that I had to shut it off.

iagree Ooops gotta go my plane is boarding...
Posted By: nutso suave

Re: Mrs Orcutts driveway - 05/04/23 08:32 PM

Thats an interesting story, I've never heard of it before. The lady is a character for sure.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Mrs Orcutts driveway - 05/04/23 09:23 PM

That girl is like chalk on a blackboard squeek.
Posted By: 68HemiB

Re: Mrs Orcutts driveway - 05/04/23 11:05 PM

The story has already been told by others, albeit without the bare midriff, skimpy shorts thumbnail.

Here is a more watchable telling, in half the time:

Posted By: topside

Re: Mrs Orcutts driveway - 05/04/23 11:15 PM

I remember reading about that LONG ago: Car and Driver used it for some high-speed testing.
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Mrs Orcutts driveway - 05/05/23 01:35 AM

I made it about half way through and couldn't stand hearing her voice anymore.

The story is interesting, but the woman narrating make you want to stop watching....
Posted By: SNK-EYZ

Re: Mrs Orcutts driveway - 05/05/23 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by stumpy
That girl is like chalk on a blackboard squeek.

Nails on a chalkboard. runaway
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: Mrs Orcutts driveway - 05/05/23 02:07 AM

I enjoyed it & she did not annoy me - she is a real character & easy on the eyes. Quite a story for the middle of nowhere. Man, I could never live out in the desert like that. Was just out in those desolate areas of Eastern CA. a couple weeks ago - calling on some prospects in El Centro. Twilight zone areas for sure.

Re: Mrs Orcutts driveway - 05/05/23 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Sunroofcuda
I enjoyed it & she did not annoy me - she is a real character & easy on the eyes. Quite a story for the middle of nowhere. Man, I could never live out in the desert like that. Was just out in those desolate areas of Eastern CA. a couple weeks ago - calling on some prospects in El Centro. Twilight zone areas for sure.

I find it kinda fascinating after being spoiled with lakes, green grass, 4 seasons and trees up here in the north east, at least from Jan-March to escape the winter down there
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: Mrs Orcutts driveway - 05/05/23 10:45 PM

Her voice and narrative didn't bother me but I did skip through parts because it dragged on and on.
Some of her videos are interesting she's into abandoned places and ghost towns and stuff and the whole desert thing is different too.
Posted By: Grizzly69

Re: Mrs Orcutts driveway - 05/06/23 09:09 PM

Posted By: Greenwood

Re: Mrs Orcutts driveway - 05/09/23 04:49 AM

I remember using clues from Car & Driver to figure out where Mrs. Orcutt's driveway was, and found it on my National Geographic Atlas of North America. It's a secondary bucket list item. Just so I can stand where some almost legendary car stories were made. It's kind of like standing on the Salt Flats, or driving certain stretches of US 50 or Route 66.
Posted By: 360view

Re: Mrs Orcutts driveway - 05/09/23 12:31 PM

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/everglades-jetport-florida-cmd/index.html

the 10,000 foot long strip
today attracts large pythons wanting to warm in the sun

But do not be tempted to make a top speed test on “Alligator Alley” anymore.
Indian Nation speeding tickets are insanely high.
© 2024 Moparts Forums