Moparts

AAR/Stinger Fiberglass Kaput?

Posted By: jcc

AAR/Stinger Fiberglass Kaput? - 04/22/23 03:30 AM

Is this true or did someone buy them out?

AAR had a nice product.
Posted By: Moparite

Re: AAR/Stinger Fiberglass Kaput? - 04/22/23 12:05 PM

This is posted on their site,

IT’S BEEN A RIDE and WE’RE SHIFTING GEARS…
This ride started in the 80’s when we bought our first Camaro’s with many more hot rods to come…..We started Stinger Fiberglass
25 years ago because of this love for these iconic cars. We have been privileged to help 1000’s of others get their rides on the road, racetrack, car show, etc. with the parts and knowledge we have shared.
Stinger Fiberglass is closing its doors for now. We thank you for choosing our Stinger family for your projects and wish you all the best.
We are no longer taking new orders. All existing orders are still in production so watch for shipping info soon.
**Looking to continue the legacy in making these great parts?
Contact us at 321-268-1118 for business opportunities.**

So it looks like they are selling the business. I bought a hood from AAR years ago but they weren't paired with stinger back then. Hope somebody buys it and continues their products.
Posted By: BDW

Re: AAR/Stinger Fiberglass Kaput? - 04/22/23 12:21 PM

AAR was an awesome small business, I'm local and bought a T/A hood.
Owner (Allen) texture painted it and helped me bolt in on at the shop, that was ~10 years ago.
Stinger, which is/was a boat company bought AAR, and it slowly declined.
I guess they are going under, or concentrating on boats.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: AAR/Stinger Fiberglass Kaput? - 04/22/23 03:05 PM

I bought a bolt on fiberglass hood for my ‘69 just as Stinger was taking over. A trial fit determined it was a perfect match. It sits in the box Incase it is ever needed.
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: AAR/Stinger Fiberglass Kaput? - 04/27/23 04:27 AM

Wow - I never made the connection before, but I used to have a 1980 Stinger bass boat. I bought it in 1991 - it was not a very good boat.
Posted By: dart games

Re: AAR/Stinger Fiberglass Kaput? - 04/27/23 10:52 AM

i bought 2 bumpers off of them last year
Posted By: 56_Royal_Lancer

Re: AAR/Stinger Fiberglass Kaput? - 04/27/23 02:21 PM

The fit and quality of the "340 'Cuda" - style hood I bought from them for my '94 Ram was excellent.
© 2024 Moparts Forums