Moparts

Again, how do I get rid of all these pop-ups?

Posted By: rickseeman

Again, how do I get rid of all these pop-ups? - 04/12/23 07:11 PM

Thank you. I can hardly view the site for all the pop-ups and when I'm typing another one comes up and it leaves out 3 words. Thank you.
Posted By: metallicareload

Re: Again, how do I get rid of all these pop-ups? - 04/12/23 07:19 PM

iagree it is especially heinous, but the Dodge Charger site is pretty quiet
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Again, how do I get rid of all these pop-ups? - 04/12/23 07:30 PM

ADblock plus. It's free
Posted By: moparx

Re: Again, how do I get rid of all these pop-ups? - 04/12/23 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by stumpy
ADblock plus. It's free

NEVER a problem after this was installed ! boogie

now, boys and girls, with that being said, i am OLD and just "single finger peck" on this keyboard that is hooked to a desk top pooter !
i have been beat upon to get a "smart phone", but with my old eyeballs, the screen and key pad on those things are just TOO TINY for me to see, so i'm staying with what i [kinda'] know how to work. biggrin
beer
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: Again, how do I get rid of all these pop-ups? - 04/12/23 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
Originally Posted by stumpy
ADblock plus. It's free

NEVER a problem after this was installed ! boogie

now, boys and girls, with that being said, i am OLD and just "single finger peck" on this keyboard that is hooked to a desk top pooter !
i have been beat upon to get a "smart phone", but with my old eyeballs, the screen and key pad on those things are just TOO TINY for me to see, so i'm staying with what i [kinda'] know how to work. biggrin
beer

Agree Agree just did it on the I pad now they’re gone!
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Again, how do I get rid of all these pop-ups? - 04/13/23 01:21 AM

I can’t believe some of you guys struggle with this after all the posts on how to fix it.
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Again, how do I get rid of all these pop-ups? - 04/13/23 02:00 AM

Adblock Plus is the ticket for sure but I have only used it as an extension in Chrome on my Linux and Windows laptops. Works excellent...also eliminates ads on many other websites including Youtube! No idea how it works on mobile stuff such as Android and Apple. What I do know is I will never surf the web on my laptops without it!
Posted By: Dart 500

Re: Again, how do I get rid of all these pop-ups? - 04/13/23 02:11 AM

adblock plus is compromised (takes $$ to allow certain ads). uBLock origin is way better (browser settings, top right, click add ons or extensions, type it in and install) Its a 2-sec install.
Posted By: Twostick

Re: Again, how do I get rid of all these pop-ups? - 04/13/23 02:24 AM

The only way I could get rid of it on my phone was to install Firefox for a browser with uBlock Origin. Nothing worked for Chrome.

Adblock does the job with Chrome on my laptop. Not sure why it works on one and not the other.

Kevin
Posted By: Dart 500

Re: Again, how do I get rid of all these pop-ups? - 04/13/23 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by Twostick
The only way I could get rid of it on my phone was to install Firefox for a browser with uBlock Origin. Nothing worked for Chrome.

Adblock does the job with Chrome on my laptop. Not sure why it works on one and not the other.

Kevin

Phones are hard coded to accept ads, I am surprised you got any ad blocker to work (its just the browser, though) You'll get strangled with ads anywhere else, apps, youtube etc. uBlock blocks EVERY ad once installed on your computer
Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Again, how do I get rid of all these pop-ups? - 04/13/23 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by Dart 500

Kevin

Phones are hard coded to accept ads, I am surprised you got any ad blocker to work (its just the browser, though) You'll get strangled with ads anywhere else, apps, youtube etc. uBlock blocks EVERY ad once installed on your computer

UBlock works on Android as well?
Posted By: Twostick

Re: Again, how do I get rid of all these pop-ups? - 04/13/23 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by Dart 500

Kevin

I only use Firefox on my phone for Moparts. I use Chrome for everything else and any ad activity I see on any sites I use there is minimal unlike Moparts which is completely unusable on Chrome.

Kevin
Posted By: 360view

Re: Again, how do I get rid of all these pop-ups? - 04/13/23 12:10 PM

The Brave browser has the ad blocking built in and has worked well on an iPad to read Moparts.

Every so often, maybe once every 2 - 5 weeks, the Infolinks window pops up and I have to enlarge and click the tiny circle with a ? inside it, and scroll all the way down to click the “Opt Out” link. I think this happens because at random times Moparts erases all cookies and logs all users out, maybe due to system software updates.

Recently the “Realcleardefense” website started acting strange when loading using the Brave Browser.
I think this was on purpose because some websites need the ad money and pop up “Turn Off Your Ad Blocker” windows.
© 2024 Moparts Forums