Moparts

One Year Wonders

Posted By: Kudakidd

One Year Wonders - 03/03/23 12:59 AM

All I can think of is the '70 Road Runner.
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/03/23 01:09 AM

70 Cuda shruggy
Posted By: Neil

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/03/23 01:12 AM

The 70 RR is unique, but not super crazy/daring as far as the shape of it.

The 70 Coronet/Superbee styling, especially that double loop grille, must have been a real surprise back then.
Posted By: Jer

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/03/23 01:18 AM

Pretty much the entire GM lineup for 1958
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/03/23 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by Jer
work iagree You nailed it up bow
One of the only Chevy cars I would like to own is a 1958 Impala. realcrazy whistling up

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/03/23 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by Jer

Hey buddy, this is a Mopar board! lol
Posted By: 6PAX

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/03/23 02:03 AM

1967 GTX?
Posted By: a12rag

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/03/23 02:04 AM

70 300Hurst
70 Sport Fury GT, 6pak
70 Sport Fury S23
75 Road Runner

to name a few . . . . try to get those Cbody specific parts . . . .UGHHH . . .
Posted By: A12

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/03/23 02:33 AM

'69 M-code A13 440 Dart and Cuda

'69 M-code A12 440 Road Runner and Super Bee
Posted By: TJP

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/03/23 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
Originally Posted by Jer
work iagree You nailed it up bow
One of the only Chevy cars I would like to own is a 1958 Impala. realcrazy whistling up

Wait till you find out just how much of a one year wonder it is. eek Most think parts from 58-64 interchange, NOT!!! Lot's of one year only parts on 58's and I'm not talking about body and trim whistling
One we did a few yeas back wink

Attached picture 2016-09-12 2016-09-20 001 023.JPG
Posted By: poorboy

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/03/23 11:49 PM

Had to check!
Yep!
Still on a MOPAR board, was really beginning to wonder.

Mopar has produced enough one year only vehicles across the Mopar family of manufacturers, I don't think we need to venture into off brand companies. If I wanted to see big pictures of off brand cars, I could go to those car forums and get my stomach full of them. .

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/04/23 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by poorboy
Had to check!
Yep!

Mopar has produced enough one year only vehicles across the Mopar family of manufacturers, I don't think we need to venture into off brand companies. If I wanted to see big pictures of off brand cars, I could go to those car forums and get my stomach full of them. .

up laugh2 beer

Mike

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/04/23 12:56 AM

Surprised no one has mentioned the '69 Charger Daytona and the '70 Superbird Road Runner?

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/04/23 12:58 AM

'70 AAR Cuda

'70 T/A Challenger

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/04/23 01:06 AM

2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

Well you didn't say from when and to when wink wink
Posted By: formula_s

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/04/23 01:45 AM

[i][/i]

69 Charger 500

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/04/23 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by A12
Surprised no one has mentioned the '69 Charger Daytona and the '70 Superbird Road Runner?

I guess I should have mentioned 'sheet metal' wise. Or shared no cousins! We know the winged cars and certain E-bodies models were just scantily clad variations.
Posted By: Neil

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/04/23 02:02 AM

70 Barracuda is a shocker compared to the design of the 67-69 models. It's hard to believe they are only 365 days apart. The 70 Barracuda design/shape was tweaked to create the 71-74 cars that followed. Different in details thru those years, but not far and away different so it's harder to call it a one year wonder for me anyways.

68 Charger the same thing with the 69-70 models that followed.
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/04/23 02:31 AM

My '73 Satellite Wagon is *kinda* a one year wonder. While it looks similar to the '72, '73 was the first year for the isolated K-frame and the only year for the massive 5 mph bumper guards. '74 the front fenders were changed to accept the mandated 5 mph bumper and the rear got a mild tail light change. In '75, the Satellite name was dropped, the (front) sheet metal updated, and it became a Fury.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/04/23 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by poorboy
Had to check!
Yep!

Just curious, who told you that you were capable of thinking? THEY LIED
A long contributing member commented a car he would like to own was a 58 impala, So I posted a pic I thought he would enjoy and you have to spout off with a thoughtless comments and YOUR OPINION
My intentions were for him to possibly enjoy it. Yours were?
While your thinking you might try thinking of others instead of your own selfish wants/needs BTW Thought and Think are closely related
ozbbq

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/04/23 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by Kudakidd
Originally Posted by A12

I guess I should have mentioned 'sheet metal' wise. Or shared no cousins! We know the winged cars and certain E-bodies models were just scantily clad variations.

But you know the '70 RR doors were the same doors as on the '69 and '70 Plymouth and Dodge B-bodies (Cornett, Belvedere, etc.,) except for the Charger with the scallops and the same goes for the '68's except for the door lock inside buttons being moved forward. And so was the glass the same. I'm sure the floor and other BIW sheet metal items were also carryovers too. But that shouldn't stop this thread wink
Posted By: Moparite

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/04/23 04:50 PM

Had to check!
Yep!

Couldn't agree more! And this is one of the issues with this site everybody gets their shorts in a bunch. Should be go to a Chevy site to see mopars? Not badmouthing anyone for posting pics of brand X cars but this is a mopar site.
Posted By: 70sixpkrt

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/04/23 06:40 PM

70 Charger

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/04/23 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Moparite
Had to check!
Yep!

Couldn't agree more! And this is one of the issues with this site everybody gets their shorts in a bunch. Should be go to a Chevy site to see mopars? Not badmouthing anyone for posting pics of brand X cars but this is a mopar site.

I've been a regular here since 98 or earlier. Many times over the years non mopar subjects have been discussed. I thought posting the pic for Cab would be a nice thing to do as he has contributed A LOT to this site. I certainly did not mean to offend anyone.
Yesterday and the last two years have been a bit of a struggle (wha wha) and KK's post pushed the button. Again did not mean to offend anyone with ONE picture.
it's kind of like Sure grip, Posi, or track lok. We all know the author is trying to say yet some make a big deal about it rolleyes
We are supposed to be here to help each other and enjoy ourselves beer
up
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/04/23 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Moparite
Had to check!
Yep!

Yep same here. Don't give a rat's you know what about Chebbies that's why I'm HERE.
Posted By: Dartforforty

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/04/23 10:06 PM

1962 Dart one and only year as a B-Body
Posted By: Sniper

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/04/23 10:43 PM

So anything non mopar is off limits?

Going to go to the post your dog/cat thread and whine there?

You guys realize this is the general forum?
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/04/23 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Dartforforty
confused shruggy 1963 Dodge Darts were the first year of the A body Darts, correct? I'm trying to remember the correct name of the small body 1960/1961 Dodges, they were called either Lancers or another name I can't remember now realcrazy The other small body Mopar cars were made by the Chrysler division until 1962 and then became the Plymouth Valiant line, correct ? work
1963 was the first year of the A body Darts and Plymouth Valiants, correct confused
Posted By: Sniper

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/05/23 01:05 AM

The original Valiant was just a Valiant, no Plymouth. 1960 MY only. 61 and on was a Plymouth.

Dodge A body was originally the Lancer, 61-62. Dart in 63.
Posted By: topside

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/05/23 01:24 AM

There are plenty of 1-year-only cars as far as designs; more if one considers unique parts or features.
I'm enough of a gearhead that I can appreciate other manufacturers when they do something notably cool.
As a result, I've enjoyed a couple Mustangs, 911 Porsches, Z28s, El Caminos, Tri-fives, and a GMC Dually.
One of my dailies is a Nissan Pathfinder that's been utterly bulletproof and capable.
From assembly line workers to CEOs, folks in the industry have moved from one make to another, and often accomplish cool things at different places.
I've been addicted to Mopars since childhood; but it's a bigger world than that, and a wider scope has been fun and educational.

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/05/23 01:47 AM

And gets my vote as the most ugly Mopar ever produced. Sorry. But it's better than a participation award!

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/05/23 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by Kudakidd

And gets my vote as the most ugly Mopar ever produced. Sorry. But it's better than a participation award!

I love them and think they look angry as hell. probably has something to do with owning one with a worn out (loose) but strong running 361 4barrel when I was 16 drive shock
Posted By: Jer

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/05/23 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Sniper
So anything non mopar is off limits?

Going to go to the post your dog/cat thread and whine there?

You guys realize this is the general forum?

What he said! Cats, dogs, GMAC leases, Corvette parts, none of these are Mopar but all are welcome in the General Section. Some of you are easily offended lately. I'll blame it on winter, but.....
Posted By: moparx

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/06/23 05:09 PM

i have been told i am a one year wonder............... biggrin panic
beer
Posted By: Wagonmaster

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/11/23 04:43 PM

How about the 1960 Dodge Polara?

Attached picture ca16_r0041_01_3.jpg
Attached picture index.jpg
Posted By: fal3

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/12/23 08:57 PM

1967 Plymouth GTX. 1966-67 are crazy years. Parts books go from 65 back; 66-67; 68 and up.
Posted By: moparx

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/12/23 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Wagonmaster
How about the 1960 Dodge Polara?

would that also include the Dodge Phoenix ?
beer
Posted By: AdventurerSport

Re: One Year Wonders - 03/13/23 07:59 PM

As stated;

69 Dodge Charger Daytona
70 Plymouth Road Runner Superbird
75 Plymouth Road Runner (only year on the Fury B-Body)

to add;

74 Plymouth Trailduster/Dodge Ramcharger with 1/2 doors (only year the door frame was part of the removeable roof)
81 Plymouth Trailduster (last year for the Plymouth version, 1st year of the new body style)
1961 DeSoto (last year for DeSoto)
1942 DeSoto (only year with hidden headlights)

JS
© 2024 Moparts Forums