Moparts

Eastwood Company order

Posted By: 67vertman

Eastwood Company order - 02/24/23 10:47 PM

Is anyone else having issues with the Eastwood Company back-order delay?

I ordered quite a bit of product from Eastwood in early January. Three weeks after I placed the order, I got an email from them saying my order was delayed 1 month because of "out-of-stock" or" back-ordered" items "listed below" it was everything I had ordered. flame I figured they were waiting on some items and didn't ship out the others to save on shipping cost, I am fine with that.

Today, I receive an email stating that my items have shipped, yet only three of the items are being shipped, the rest are delayed because of "out-of-stock" or" back-ordered", all the these items are paint and body product related. All non paint and body items, which by the way, are the least expensive items purchased are the ones they are sending.
Posted By: mgoblue9798

Re: Eastwood Company order - 02/24/23 10:59 PM

If you are looking for quality paint supplies here is a good outfit to deal with.

https://www.southernpolyurethanes.com/
Posted By: TJP

Re: Eastwood Company order - 02/25/23 02:49 AM

What are you needing? I am winding my operation down and may have what your looking for beer
Posted By: 67vertman

Re: Eastwood Company order - 02/25/23 03:48 PM

Thanks for the offer guys. Its not a big order, just some chassis paint and all metal bondo.

I have never had any issues with Eastwood, until now.
Posted By: Neil

Re: Eastwood Company order - 02/25/23 04:20 PM

I've bought some things from them about a year ago and it took like a week and half to get it. I think they may be having sourcing issues? Still a good company, but just have to assume if you order something it might not land in your mailbox in 2 days.

I know a guy who has ordered a set of cast pistons from Summit months ago and still has not seen them. It's on backorder and the estimated shipping dates keep getting pushed back over and over.
Posted By: TJP

Re: Eastwood Company order - 02/25/23 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by 67vertman
Thanks for the offer guys. Its not a big order, just some chassis paint and all metal bondo.

I have never had any issues with Eastwood, until now.

I have found other vendors that carry their products sometimes have them even when the suppliers don't as they have a tendency to take care of them 1st. Why? They are a constant revenue stream and sometime place "blanket PO's" for X number of cases on a schedule. Places like National Parts depot, Classic industries, year one, etc. Don't forget the Other make suppliers as well wink
Might also check Amazon.
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: Eastwood Company order - 02/25/23 05:47 PM

example of how there is no supply chain
Posted By: 71TA

Re: Eastwood Company order - 02/25/23 06:17 PM

Supply chain problems.

I buy adhesives from 3M. THEY MAKE THEM. I buy 5ft tall tanks. Backordered over a year?!?!? I had to switch to a European company.

I ordered some nicer than Home Depot appliances. A YEAR out, at least, I'm told.

The BIGGEST problem is the whole work from home BS. NO ONE IS REALLY WORKING AT HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Insurance people have jerked me around on the phone for an hour and then days later when I call about the "progress" NOTHING HAS BEEN ENTERED on my behalf. NOTHING.
- People that will "get right back with me" (and I can hear the kids and dog in the background) NEVER GET BACK.

Then I have to laugh when I watch TV where young people are "quiet quitting". Really?

Or people DEMANDING more pay?!?! What ever happened to moving up the ladder and earning more pay. Not sowing up to work at 7AM to spend the first 1/2hr in the mens room doing what should have been done at home before a shower.

Good luck with Eastwoods. Great company to deal with. I've always had good luck with them.
Posted By: rapom

Re: Eastwood Company order - 02/25/23 06:18 PM

TP tools has a lot of what eastwood carries. Just another option.
© 2024 Moparts Forums