Moparts

Have you see the new Boston Dynamics robots?

Posted By: DaveRS23

Have you see the new Boston Dynamics robots? - 02/22/23 03:28 PM

Incredible.......

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLSqc-p4UhI&t=11s
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Have you see the new Boston Dynamics robots? - 02/22/23 03:36 PM

Cheetahs vs robodog. What do you think will happen?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn9_ogWhk9s
Posted By: PLUM_72

Re: Have you see the new Boston Dynamics robots? - 02/22/23 05:16 PM

Pretty incredible. Would not surprise me that in the next 25 years there is some "helpful" robot in the home. Many now have a robot/Roomba vacuum roaming their house. Society seems to be comfortable with this. Soon enough Roomba will add features, like picking up dropped items, spills, clothes, toys, etc. Before long, Rosie (Jetson's reference) will be in your house. lol.

Attached picture Screenshot 2023-02-22 111332.jpg
Posted By: TJP

Re: Have you see the new Boston Dynamics robots? - 02/22/23 05:22 PM

In the year 2525
WORTH A LISTEN
Posted By: IMGTX

Re: Have you see the new Boston Dynamics robots? - 02/22/23 05:33 PM

Cool stuff.

I think there would have to be a break over point where replacing peoples jobs would eventually make so many people poor nobody could afford them.

When that starts to happen either industry will have to voluntarily create pseudo-jobs to give people income or the government would step in and force companies to pay for each job replaced or a tax of profit per current employee etc. to provide free money to unemployed so they can have income.

In either case I see big problems, Government intervention almost never works out well and corporations are soulless entities that rarely care about people just profit.

Not going to be pretty for anyone.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Have you see the new Boston Dynamics robots? - 02/22/23 05:50 PM

Incredible, but scary too.
Posted By: racerx20

Re: Have you see the new Boston Dynamics robots? - 02/22/23 06:39 PM

We have that yellow dog looking one that walks around my work's campus every now and then, first time I saw it was a very odd experience.
© 2024 Moparts Forums