Moparts

No exaggeration

Posted By: Kudakidd

No exaggeration - 02/12/23 09:59 PM

Since I 'rejoined' Moparts, I'm getting 50 or more pieces of junk email each DAY! Coincidence?
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: No exaggeration - 02/12/23 10:02 PM

You're talking junk emails?

Re: No exaggeration - 02/12/23 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by larrymopar360
You're talking junk emails?

Thanks. Correction made!
Posted By: topside

Re: No exaggeration - 02/12/23 10:49 PM

I'd say coincidence, but I've never quit & re-joined, and I use my PC with Adblocker.
Posted By: 67vertman

Re: No exaggeration - 02/12/23 11:44 PM

I too have been getting a lot of junk email lately! Not sure if it is related to Mopearts or not. I use add blocker, on here.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: No exaggeration - 02/13/23 01:31 AM

I don't get an unusual amount but also never re-joined. Seems like strange coincidence if it coincided with re-joining but I'd be surprised if that's why.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: No exaggeration - 02/13/23 02:45 AM

I get almost nothing from Moparts, but I've bought a couple things off ebay in the last couple of days, and have received 7 or 8 emails from ebay. I've sent them to the spam folder, I'll see how that works. About once a month I'll check the spam folder and the delete folder on my e mail and delete any I don't want.
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: No exaggeration - 02/13/23 02:58 AM

Do you use facebook? I put some things up for sale on market place Friday and noticed my junk email increased some.

shruggy

Re: No exaggeration - 02/13/23 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by Satilite73

Do you use facebook? I put some things up for sale on market place Friday and noticed my junk email increased some.

shruggy

I am on FB, and have been on it for 6 years. The amount of junk email is a recent thing.
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: No exaggeration - 02/13/23 04:44 AM

Funny, in the last week I've gotten numerous emails for penis enhancers, window replacements, notices that my Norton account is going to be disabled (I don't have Norton), that I've won a free cordless saw, that I've received a free gift, that some shipment from FedEx is on its way.....and on and on. And it's been in the last week or so. You look at the raw message and the senders are always some bogus sender.
Posted By: SV_MOPARS

Re: No exaggeration - 02/13/23 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by 6PakBee
Funny, in the last week I've gotten numerous emails for penis enhancers, window replacements, notices that my Norton account is going to be disabled (I don't have Norton), that I've won a free cordless saw, that I've received a free gift, that some shipment from FedEx is on its way.....and on and on. And it's been in the last week or so. You look at the raw message and the senders are always some bogus sender.

I get the same exact emails
Posted By: Dabee

Re: No exaggeration - 02/13/23 05:42 AM

Got one last week that the subject line said I won $18,000,000. smile. Went straight into trash as all junk mail does.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: No exaggeration - 02/13/23 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Kudakidd
Since I 'rejoined' Moparts, I'm getting 50 or more pieces of junk email each DAY! Coincidence?

I would say coincidence.
Posted By: Soopernaut

Re: No exaggeration - 02/13/23 01:53 PM

You can check here and see if your email address was part of a data breach. Could it be a Moparts data breach?
https://haveibeenpwned.com/
© 2024 Moparts Forums