Moparts

20 Years Ago Today.....

Posted By: formula_s

20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/20/23 03:49 PM

This board was re-launched. I suppose there are still a few of us around since then.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/20/23 04:01 PM

Yep.First posted in "98"
Posted By: poorboy

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/20/23 04:06 PM

I'm still here! wave

I was here before that relaunch, and I think there was one a couple years before it I was here for as well. I believe I date back to the late 90s on Moparts. That was back in the days they had to start over when they stepped up in power.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/20/23 05:16 PM

Odd tid bit of trivia laugh2
Posted By: hp383

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/20/23 05:24 PM

A few still check in
Posted By: GY3

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/20/23 05:24 PM

Been here since 1997.
Posted By: Devil

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/20/23 05:39 PM

Yup
Posted By: moparx

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/20/23 06:06 PM

do i get a prize ? biggrin
beer
Posted By: 71TA

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/20/23 06:13 PM

Present
Posted By: A12

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/20/23 07:29 PM

I don't remember if I'm still here or not? Someone said something about something being the first thing to go when you get old, can't remember what that was???

Mike
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/20/23 07:33 PM

Yup, I've been around longer than that...
Posted By: RobG

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/20/23 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by poorboy
I'm still here! wave

I was here before that relaunch, and I think there was one a couple years before it I was here for as well. I believe I date back to the late 90s on Moparts. That was back in the days they had to start over when they stepped up in power.

I was here as well in the early/mid 90's..... what do I win????

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/20/23 07:40 PM

I do remember though that the re-registration started at around 6:00 pm est on the 19th and there was a lot of confusion as to what was going on. That confusion and uncertainty made me sit back and wait until there was some clarity that it was the same site before I started putting in info to re-register so I did that at 3:00 am on the 20th morning. You below 200 registries were braver than me, and site hero's now beer up Am I still here BTW? laugh2 wink

Mike

Oh and HAPPY 20TH ANNIVERSARY (new) MOPARTS
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/20/23 08:05 PM

There were a lot of angry people for a little while after the switch.
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/20/23 08:15 PM

YES
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/20/23 08:17 PM

Don't remember when I joined, was right after the old Dallas board, what year was that? shruggy
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/20/23 08:22 PM

I joined in 99, I believe. Dallas board was gone by then, or at least nearly gone.
Posted By: Ron_M

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/20/23 08:52 PM

seems like yesterday. I was going to say that life was less complicated and crazy for the most part, and then realized they weren't.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/20/23 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by not_a_charger
I joined in 99, I believe. Dallas board was gone by then, or at least nearly gone.

I can sort of remember starting to lurk around 1996 after I changed positions in the company that gave me internet access at my desk...LOL..
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/20/23 10:40 PM

Been here pretty much since the beginning. Still miss the old chat room smile
Posted By: HoosierTA

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/20/23 10:43 PM

Appears I joined around that time as well, woo hoo! Same t8me as 05Dakota.
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/20/23 11:05 PM

Yep. I noticed the other day that I still have the part under my user name that a bunch of us added at the time when the join date and post counts got erased. not that it matters anymore.
Posted By: chrisf

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/20/23 11:11 PM

1999 for me
Posted By: A990

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/20/23 11:29 PM

I came over from Mopar Alley after it got cratered in a car deal that went sideways..
But I can't recall what year. When the software switched here, everyone had to re-up their accounts, and lost all prior messages and post count..
Can't believe it was 20 years ago though.
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/21/23 01:02 AM

I remember the tag line was something like 'Moparts 2000 and beyond'..............

Geez........TWENTY YEARS!

eek whiney
Posted By: TJP

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/21/23 02:04 AM

up
Posted By: Ramrod39

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/21/23 02:37 AM

I was here before the reboot also. Found Moparts when the Dallas board died.
Posted By: FJ6AAR

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/21/23 02:39 AM

I joined in the late 90's and was there for the 2003 switch over. I'm still here every day but rarely post anymore. Still love this site though.

but....will the plane ever take off from that treadmill....??
or
can you really paint a car with a roller...??
Posted By: Jer

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/21/23 02:54 AM

I stumbled across Moparts when I was going through a divorce many many years ago, and found myself being a single dad with a whole lot of new bills and a barnload of old parts. A quick on-line search for 'mopar parts for sale' brought me here. That was...more than two decades ago. A lot of people have come and gone through here, and I miss many of them. Some more than others! For the 'old guys here'.. I never warmed up to OBS, don't know why, and never understood DG, at all, but found I missed her when she left. It was a heck of a board and while I was never a big 'contributor' then, or now, I visited several times a day, and still do when I get a chance. It's still the best board on the net.

Thank you, Tom, for all you've done for me, and for all of us here.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/21/23 05:39 PM

Joined in mid 90's.

Moparts was just a for sale site then. Then later added the Q&A forum.
Posted By: Tom_440

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/21/23 07:10 PM

I missed the conversion - didn't join till march of '03. So I'm a newbie.
Not sure how time flies so fast though.
Posted By: VS29H0B

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/21/23 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
Been here pretty much since the beginning. Still miss the old chat room smile

Same ... been around since the early days === Mopar Alley + FABO were other places that helped me source parts for my 69 340 Swinger and later my 71 Duster 340 ....

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/21/23 10:54 PM

Time flies when you’re having fun.
Posted By: outcast

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/22/23 12:26 AM

still here
Posted By: Blusmbl

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/22/23 01:39 AM

I remember the for sale and Q&A board, before the switchover. I think I joined originally in early 2001 right before I bought my Charger, and definitely remember the outcry in 2003 when the board switched. I also remember people complaining that not everyone's usernames transferred over on the same day. Some of us got the 19th, and others got the 20th!
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/22/23 01:40 AM

"Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play"

I thought you were doing a Beatles thing.......
Posted By: Kudakidd

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/22/23 06:50 PM

I wuz here.
Posted By: JDMopar

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/22/23 08:37 PM

I slipped in the door sometime in 97. wave I've learned more here than I ever would have on my own thru trial and error. A lot of folks have come and gone over the years, and we have lost too many members who seemed like the glue that held a place like this together. Gary Davis comes to mind first. He was a friend to all, and just a great all around guy. His funeral was the hardest one that I've ever gone to. There were almost as many Mopar muscle cars in the procession from the church to the graveyard as there were cop cars! Stu passing was tough also, because he let us know how dire his situation was, communicated while he was able for a very short time and then he was gone. I am a member of a few other car sites, but this will always be home. The board has to change every so often due to technology, so we just need to roll with it. Until then....I'll be here until my day arrives! up

Thanks Tom, for all you have done to keep this place kickin over the years! bow
Posted By: knuckelbuster

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/22/23 11:22 PM

I think I joined in 98.i usually stop in a couple times amonth but I was always more of a lurker, never posted much.I sold my Barracuda in 2012 and that pretty much ended things for me.It would be nice to pick up another mopar but Im pretty much priced out of the market.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/23/23 03:00 AM

IIRC, I joined the old board in 1998 or so. Found out about it from the MoparChat board.
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/23/23 05:13 AM

I don't remember how I found this place. I was on moparchat originally.
Posted By: Magnumguy

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/23/23 11:41 AM

Still lurking about.....
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/23/23 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by slantzilla
IIRC, I joined the old board in 1998 or so. Found out about it from the MoparChat board.

Almost the same for me.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/23/23 01:27 PM

Seemed a lot of us stumbled in here after that “smokin deal” on that HP computer Wal-Mart had on their Black Friday sale laugh2
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/23/23 04:26 PM

Yep, still here but I lurk most of the time now. Lot of the old timers are gone, a few have passed away. I came here around the mid 90s switching from that old Dallas site.
What was the name of the dude that ran the Dallas site? Seemed he was always pandering for money.
Posted By: TJP

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/23/23 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by JDMopar
I slipped in the door sometime in 97. wave I've learned more here than I ever would have on my own thru trial and error. A lot of folks have come and gone over the years, and we have lost too many members who seemed like the glue that held a place like this together. Gary Davis comes to mind first. He was a friend to all, and just a great all around guy. His funeral was the hardest one that I've ever gone to. There were almost as many Mopar muscle cars in the procession from the church to the graveyard as there were cop cars! Stu passing was tough also, because he let us know how dire his situation was, communicated while he was able for a very short time and then he was gone. I am a member of a few other car sites, but this will always be home. The board has to change every so often due to technology, so we just need to roll with it. Until then....I'll be here until my day arrives! up

Thanks Tom, for all you have done to keep this place kickin over the years! bow

Very well said, beer
and I have been around since 95 or so ? Don't remember but I do know it was between 95 and 7. When I get stressed the wife always send me to Moparts beer
Posted By: AdventurerSport

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/23/23 05:40 PM

I've been around for more than 20 years as well.
I was on the old Dallas board prior to Moparts, but I also joined Moparts prior to 1998 (96 or 97).

JS
Posted By: formula_s

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/24/23 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by dart4forte
Yep, still here but I lurk most of the time now. Lot of the old timers are gone, a few have passed away. I came here around the mid 90s switching from that old Dallas site.
What was the name of the dude that ran the Dallas site? Seemed he was always pandering for money.

Dave Schultz???
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/24/23 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by formula_s

Dave Schultz???

Not familiar with the Dallas site, the only Dave Schultz I remember is the guy who had the 'moparstyle' site for awhile...... and at the time he was from the Houston area. End of Moparstyle

Way back then Dave gave me an 8 1/4 axle out of one of his Magnums to use in a Satellite I had. Got to see his little compound (but didn't get a tour). For whatever reason, I felt very uneasy while there, and it wasn't just from being in a higher tax bracket than I'm used to. shruggy
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/24/23 07:01 AM

I remember the MML list was a big deal. That was really before online forums started like Dallas, Moparchat, etc.

MML was just a mass email list that you got every post as an email or you got digest email that contained a couple handfuls or so of emails.
Posted By: 1972CudaV21

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/24/23 10:03 AM

Same
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/24/23 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Satilite73
Originally Posted by formula_s

Dave Schultz???

Not familiar with the Dallas site, the only Dave Schultz I remember is the guy who had the 'moparstyle' site for awhile...... and at the time he was from the Houston area. End of Moparstyle

Way back then Dave gave me an 8 1/4 axle out of one of his Magnums to use in a Satellite I had. Got to see his little compound (but didn't get a tour). For whatever reason, I felt very uneasy while there, and it wasn't just from being in a higher tax bracket than I'm used to. shruggy

Yeah, I get those two mixed up. Dave was the Moparstyle guy. Don’t remember too much of the Dallas site, not much compared to now.
Posted By: Old_Moparz

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/24/23 04:30 PM

20 years & I still haven't finished my car. laugh2
Posted By: 2boltmain

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/25/23 01:58 AM

I joined on my WebTV box around 2000. (WebTV was a box that used your land line and your TV to browse online. It was much cheaper than a desk top computer)
Posted By: GY3

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/25/23 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by 2boltmain
I joined on my WebTV box around 2000. (WebTV was a box that used your land line and your TV to browse online. It was much cheaper than a desk top computer)

Wow, I remember that! Thanks for the nostalgia!
Posted By: EV2RTSE

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/25/23 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Old_Moparz
20 years & I still haven't finished my car. laugh2

Beat me to it!
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/25/23 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by EV2RTSE
[quote=Old_Moparz]20 years & I still haven't finished my car. laugh2

Beat me to it!

[/quote

Took me 13 years to finish mine so I can relate. Are they ever really finished though?

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/25/23 06:18 PM

Nope!

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/25/23 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by 6PKRTSE

Beat me to it!

[/quote

Took me 13 years to finish mine so I can relate. Are they ever really finished though?

i have been [slowly ! shock] working on my 1933 dodge humpback panel delivery since 1976 or so, and it's STILL not anywhere near being under it's own power. laugh2
beer

Attached picture IM001505.JPG
Attached picture P9070001.JPG

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/25/23 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
Originally Posted by 6PKRTSE

Beat me to it!

[/quote

i have been [slowly ! shock] working on my 1933 dodge humpback panel delivery since 1976 or so, and it's STILL not anywhere near being under it's own power. laugh2
beer

HEY, YOU CAN'T PARK THERE! laugh2

Attached picture IM001505.JPG

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/25/23 08:15 PM

i didn't get a ticket because i'm a police commissioner. biggrin whistling boogie
beer
Posted By: poorboy

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/26/23 02:58 AM

Twenty years.
Man I don't know
Twenty years, man where did they go?
I sit and I wonder sometimes, where they went.
When the moon comes calling its ghostly white I recall
Like a Rock
I was strong as I could be
I stood proud, I stood strong
Nothing ever bothered me
I stood strong, I stood bold
As sure as I could be
I believed in my dreams
Like a Rock

Thanks Bob!

As far as car builds, the last 20 years have been pretty productive for me, but I wasn't restoring anything, and perfection was not the goal. Having fun and having great drivers was the goal. Lots of fun great drivers.
Posted By: Ramrod39

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/26/23 03:23 AM

Are they ever really finished though?

No. Never.
Posted By: 440newport

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/26/23 10:19 PM

Still here too. Re-registered a few days after the switch I think it was.
Posted By: scrapmetal

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/27/23 01:40 AM

I'm hardly here!
Posted By: Kiddart

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/27/23 03:33 PM

I am still here joined in 2005!! still like most of the forums and the inelegance of the members!!
Posted By: scottk

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/28/23 04:12 AM

still here
Posted By: nutso suave

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 01/28/23 09:54 AM

I waited two days to reregister. Still check in but not here as much.
Posted By: VITC_GTX

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 02/01/23 12:03 AM

I was two months behind you, March of 2003. I guess I'll have a little celebration in a couple of months. beer
Posted By: SKR8PN

Re: 20 Years Ago Today..... - 02/01/23 12:40 PM

1/20/2003 was my "in service" date. LOL! 69 years old, now lurking more than posting, no current car related projects at the moment.
© 2024 Moparts Forums