Moparts

Steelers' Franco Harris, Immaculate Reception' dies at 72

Posted By: A12

Steelers' Franco Harris, Immaculate Reception' dies at 72 - 12/21/22 02:54 PM

Steelers' Franco Harris, who made the 'Immaculate Reception' dies at 72.

Godspeed Franco and Rest in Peace.

Mike
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Steelers' Franco Harris, Immaculate Reception' dies at 72 - 12/21/22 03:57 PM

RIP
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Steelers' Franco Harris, Immaculate Reception' dies at 72 - 12/21/22 04:03 PM

The timing of his death is terrible as there was a 50 year anniversary of the immaculate reception this weekend and the retiring of his number.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Steelers' Franco Harris, Immaculate Reception' dies at 72 - 12/21/22 04:20 PM

RIP Franco, one of the best to ever put on a set of pads.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Steelers' Franco Harris, Immaculate Reception' dies at 72 - 12/21/22 05:03 PM

angel
Posted By: A12

Re: Steelers' Franco Harris, Immaculate Reception' dies at 72 - 12/21/22 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburghracer

The timing of his death is terrible as there was a 50 year anniversary of the immaculate reception this weekend and the retiring of his number.

Happened 50 years ago on December 23, 1972 angel
Posted By: justinp61

Re: Steelers' Franco Harris, Immaculate Reception' dies at 72 - 12/21/22 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by A12
Originally Posted by pittsburghracer

Happened 50 years ago on December 23, 1972 angel

Against my Raiders.
Posted By: Magnumguy

Re: Steelers' Franco Harris, Immaculate Reception' dies at 72 - 12/22/22 02:20 AM

While we're on sudden deaths, and for Reds fans, the only Red player to pitch a perfect game, Tom Browning, was found dead. Age 62.
Posted By: Sunroofcuda

Re: Steelers' Franco Harris, Immaculate Reception' dies at 72 - 12/23/22 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Magnumguy
While we're on sudden deaths, and for Reds fans, the only Red player to pitch a perfect game, Tom Browning, was found dead. Age 62.

Wow - way too young! And Franco - he played during my wonder years of being a kid & following the NFL, which I did with much enthusiasm. Franco was one TOUGH MF-er - I'll tell you that. He was a real grinder. You just know that he hurt his tacklers as much as they hurt him - like Larry Czonka. You really didn't look forward to trying to tackle him for a game! RIP Franco - you were one of my favorites.
© 2024 Moparts Forums