Moparts

User List

Posted By: moparpollack

User List - 12/04/22 01:25 AM

Looking at the user list it's a shame most of the top posters are no longer here. Some have passed others just faded away it would be great to here from the ghosts of moparts past. XmasPengs
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: User List - 12/04/22 04:49 AM

Why are you telling us? laugh

Re: User List - 12/04/22 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Fat_Mike

Maybe I'm asking the lurkers or would be Christmas ghosts of Moparts past to say hi in this thread. wave
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: User List - 12/04/22 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by moparpollack
Originally Posted by Fat_Mike

Maybe I'm asking the lurkers or would be Christmas ghosts of Moparts past to say hi in this thread. wave

Hey!!
Posted By: bigdad

Re: User List - 12/04/22 03:54 PM

I think a lot of people lurk here .. but the site is a mess anymore
Posted By: moparmike1

Re: User List - 12/04/22 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by bigdad
I think a lot of people lurk here .. but the site is a mess anymore

Agreed.

Check out the "A Little Hope" thread. Seventh response and the gong show starts.

A member posts a great picture with a great meaning behind it and what happens? Pretty sad.

Mike.
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: User List - 12/04/22 07:07 PM

My malware bites add blocker always shows it is blocking just one thing on this sight, that one thing is what makes it a pain to browse on mobile and without a blocker. If I go to FABO it is blocking like 18-20 things but that sight is more usable without a blocker than this one is lol.
Posted By: azmopar

Re: User List - 12/04/22 08:15 PM

visits here

Re: User List - 12/04/22 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by azmopar
visits here

wave
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: User List - 12/04/22 10:15 PM

Social media has taken the place of message boards in some cases.
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: User List - 12/04/22 11:01 PM

Info Links equal locked door for many. So locked up door no key.
Posted By: Kudakidd

Re: User List - 12/04/22 11:22 PM

I might be back both in spirit and in Kuda!
Posted By: BloFish

Re: User List - 12/05/22 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by John_Kunkel
Social media has taken the place of message boards in some cases.

iagree
Posted By: bigdad

Re: User List - 12/05/22 01:20 PM

whomever thinks having a forum subpage where it's a good idea to call each other names is a fool , that I guarantee has chased away way more than any good it does
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: User List - 12/05/22 01:57 PM

whomever thinks having a forum subpage where it's a good idea to call each other names is a fool , that I guarantee has chased away way more than any good it does
yup
Posted By: Stanton

Re: User List - 12/05/22 01:58 PM

whomever thinks having a forum subpage where it's a good idea to call each other names is a fool

I dunno, FBBO seem to have a lot of members !!!

Re: User List - 12/05/22 02:32 PM

So the change here has added a bunch more members??????
Posted By: wingman

Re: User List - 12/05/22 03:05 PM

Before the "unmoderated" section was created, at least weekly there were guys on here whining that the moderators were too heavy-handed keeping things civil, and complaining that they were leaving because they kept getting vacations.

When Tom finally relented and created a stand-alone space for those who wanted that kind of environment, now people complain that it exists.

Just goes to show you can't please everyone.
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: User List - 12/05/22 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by wingman

Before the "unmoderated" section was created, at least weekly there were guys on here whining that the moderators were too heavy-handed keeping things civil, and complaining that they were leaving because they kept getting vacations.

When Tom finally relented and created a stand-alone space for those who wanted that kind of environment, now people complain that it exists.

Sums it up perfectly. If it were my board, I wouldn't have the unmoderated section, but that's just my opinion. There are enough people who asked for it, and that utilize it, that Tom feels it's beneficial to have it. His board, his rules, and like I said, my opinion is just that. It's no better or worse or more or less valid than those who like the unmoderated section.

Re: User List - 12/05/22 04:10 PM

Seems odd to me to have a section for maybe the 20 or so regulars that post there. I see no new people because of having that section.
Posted By: TJP

Re: User List - 12/05/22 04:29 PM

I've been a regular here since ~ 96? maybe 98, and have no complaints on the way things are. I rarely visit the unmoderated section and there's a few I've blocked as we don't seem to agree on things and that's fine with me. I come here to relax and try to help answer questions when I can. I believe that was and still is the main purpose for the site wink twocents beer
Posted By: moparx

Re: User List - 12/05/22 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by TJP
I come here to relax and try to help answer questions when I can. I believe that was and still is the main purpose for the site wink twocents beer

my main purpose as well. [unless i count requesting a memory "refresh" to clear away some of my cobwebs biggrin]
beer
Posted By: AdventurerSport

Re: User List - 12/05/22 05:12 PM

I like to see what others are working on and help whenever I can.

I don't check as often as I used to (been here since 96/97 or so). Yeah, the "unmoderated" side sure changed the tone of a lot of the site, with sides being drawn in some cases and some disagreements carried over into other forums.

At least, for the most part, we agree on Mopars!

JS
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: User List - 12/05/22 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by wingman

Yup. That forum has made bitter enemies of people that, otherwise, have a common interest.
Posted By: 67vertman

Re: User List - 12/05/22 08:58 PM

The main reason most left was the Pop up ads. Others have left because their interest have changed. I do not think you can pin it on one issue or event.

I used to be a regular at Cuda-Challenger, but you go there now it is a ghost town, and they don't have an un-moderated board.

There are forms I don't visit, just because I have no interest in them.

I, for one think Tom has done a good job on the forum. Have you ever tried to run a Web Forum? it takes a lot of work and a good amount of $$
© 2024 Moparts Forums