Moparts

Any one using the short 2 post lift.

Posted By: galen

Any one using the short 2 post lift. - 10/08/22 05:54 PM

I'm looking at maybe getting something like the Maxjack portable two post lift. I am limited on space and ht. I think it would be a nice step up from jackstands. Just wondering if anyone has them and how you like them.
Posted By: moparx

Re: Any one using the short 2 post lift. - 10/08/22 06:21 PM

i too, have the same situation.
years ago when i put a new roof on my garage, i thought about raising it to accommodate a lift.
well me, being a dumazz, didn't do that, so now in my "golden years" [and everyone knows what those are like], i'm still stuck with a jack and jack stands.
and let me tell ya, gettin' up off the floor is almost a comedic act around here any more. biggrin
beer

Re: Any one using the short 2 post lift. - 10/08/22 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
i too, have the same situation.
years ago when i put a new roof on my garage, i thought about raising it to accommodate a lift.
well me, being a dumazz, didn't do that, so now in my "golden years" [and everyone knows what those are like], i'm still stuck with a jack and jack stands.
and let me tell ya, gettin' up off the floor is almost a comedic act around here any more. biggrin
beer
I'm in the same boat 65 in January. I been in a manual wheelchair since 2000 from a broken back. So I work out of my chair ,leaning or on a creeper. Watching me get back up is down right ugly, and quite humorous with some cursing involved.. I think the short lift would be a nice step up. And the ability to shove them up against the wall if I need the side room..
Posted By: moparx

Re: Any one using the short 2 post lift. - 10/09/22 03:19 PM

sorry to hear of your back problems !
i have MS, but i'm not as bad off as you are.
i have always said, it doesn't matter how bad i have it, there are people out there that are way worse than me.
and unfortunately, you are one of those people.

ok guys out there, i know some of you have experience with these shorty lifts.
please help Galen out with a review if you can.
a big TIA for any info you guys can provide. up bow
beer

Re: Any one using the short 2 post lift. - 10/09/22 10:45 PM

I have no complaints. Wife, kids, grandkids, life is good. I have a good friend struggling with MS. He is a hot rod guy too, sold his business a few years ago as his disease progressed. Built hot rod Cummins B engines for pickups..I know like you, things may take a little longer and we just do things a little different. I have full use of my upper body so I am blessed.. I use shortened gear drive engine stands, benches, etc. Set my shop up as accessible as possible. Even got heat and AC. I'm going todrill a test hole and make sure my concrete is thick enough. If it is I may pull the trigger on these. Being able to do brakes from my chair would be really nice. Appreciate talking to you.

Attached picture IMG_20220804_193208215.jpg
Attached picture IMG_20220804_193117807.jpg

Re: Any one using the short 2 post lift. - 10/09/22 11:00 PM

If I could get the roof up close to the ceiling it would be great. My shop is a 3 car garage. Middle bay would give me a lot of room to move around the car. I know my wheelchair will not fit under it, but I have a plan,LOL.

Attached picture 68.jpg
Posted By: Ramrod39

Re: Any one using the short 2 post lift. - 10/10/22 02:36 AM

I have a MaxJax in my garage. It is a nice alternative when you have lower than optimum ceiling height. I use it for my Belvedere and Dart. Don't think I would want to put a full sized pickup on it. The reservoir and hose set-up is kind of a pain and I'm had some hydraulic leak issues with the hose connections on the reservoir but I just keep the reservoir is a large pan and bleed the lift periodically. If I wasn't chronically behind on everything in life I would replace all the fittings and mount the reservoir on the wall.

The lift allows me to comfortably work under the car while rolling around on a wheeled shop stool. Sure beats jack stands.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Any one using the short 2 post lift. - 10/10/22 03:06 AM

Any pictures?
Posted By: Ramrod39

Re: Any one using the short 2 post lift. - 10/10/22 05:02 PM

Pics

Attached picture MaxJax.jpeg
Attached picture MAX JAX withh B.jpeg
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Any one using the short 2 post lift. - 10/10/22 07:41 PM

Thank you Sir, I appreciate it. Looks like it would work well for my situation.

Re: Any one using the short 2 post lift. - 10/10/22 10:27 PM

Nice. And I see your helper fits under it with room to spare.
© 2024 Moparts Forums