Moparts

Queen Elizabeth has passed

Posted By: topside

Queen Elizabeth has passed - 09/08/22 06:53 PM

Talk about the end of an era...
My sympathies to our British friends here.
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: Queen Elizabeth has passed - 09/08/22 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by topside
Talk about the end of an era...
My sympathies to our British friends here.

Damn, I kinda figured the end was nigh when Charles was summoned and they cancelled tomorrows schedules. RIP.
Posted By: 67vertman

Re: Queen Elizabeth has passed - 09/08/22 07:43 PM

May the Queen rest in piece!

She was quite the lady!
Posted By: carnut68

Re: Queen Elizabeth has passed - 09/08/22 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by 67vertman
May the Queen rest in piece!

She was quite the lady!
Yes she was. My sympathies to the people of Great Britain.
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: Queen Elizabeth has passed - 09/09/22 03:40 AM

A very long reign for a great LADY.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Queen Elizabeth has passed - 09/09/22 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by cudaman1969
A very long reign for a great LADY.
up It's sad to see because there's so little class and elegance left in the world.
Posted By: dart games

Re: Queen Elizabeth has passed - 09/10/22 08:45 AM

london bridge has falling.if your in the know
Posted By: 360view

Re: Queen Elizabeth has passed - 09/10/22 11:58 AM

She insisted she wanted to serve somehow in WW-II.

Offered the traditional duty as a nurse,
she rejected that
and served as a truck mechanic and lorry driver.
Posted By: That AMC Guy

Re: Queen Elizabeth has passed - 09/10/22 06:52 PM

She sure went fast. When I woke up, the radio was reporting that she was ill. By 11 o'clock, they were announcing she'd passed.

My mom met her, however briefly, in 1971 when the Queen came through for the centennial of BC's entry into Confederation. The Royals toured Selkirk College where my mom worked.

The closest I ever got was about 15 years ago, I was dating an English girl. Both she and Prince William attended the same University and he had made several plays at her. laugh2

I honestly have no opinion on the Royals. I can be a bit of a traditionalist so I don't outright despise them like some do. Though it's never been fully explained to me, somehow we here in Canada pay more to the Queen than in any of the other commonwealth nations. Would be nice if that could stop. Canada is slowly becoming a 3rd-world country.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Queen Elizabeth has passed - 09/10/22 08:24 PM

I remember her being crown back in the early 1950, we had recently got a black and white T.V. and they showed her riding in the royal carriage in the streets of London going from somewhere to somewhere else shruggy
The Quen is dead, Long live the King: up:
I wonder what she died of, hopefully she died without much pain and suffering luck
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Queen Elizabeth has passed - 09/11/22 07:29 PM

At 90 something years old, she died of old age. At that point, placing the "blame" on anything specific doesn't make much difference. She had a long productive life (even if some didn't agree with some choices she made).

The question now is, what will King Charles do with what he was left with, but that is a different topic.
© 2024 Moparts Forums