Moparts

Ebay motors collector car format change?

Posted By: TJP

Ebay motors collector car format change? - 08/04/22 02:41 AM

Has anyone else noticed the Ebay Motors Collector car format change? I think it sucks more than a Dyson, Shark, or Hoover could ever hope to.
Anyone know any way to revert to the old format ? shruggy beer
Posted By: johntpr

Re: Ebay motors collector car format change? - 08/04/22 10:51 AM

It is awful. And also the Dodge section is mixed in with late model used cars as opposed to the Plymouth section. The collector car section has become unusable. I cannot find a way to go back either.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Ebay motors collector car format change? - 08/04/22 01:59 PM

I have no idea what you mean "collector car" format. I went on there last night and did a search like normal and it was still the same. Of course I search for specific models like DODGE DART, DODGE TRUCK, and sometimes just DODGE and change the setting "Best Match" to "Oldest Year" and scroll through... shruggy

Re: Ebay motors collector car format change? - 08/04/22 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart
I have no idea what you mean "collector car" format. I went on there last night and did a search like normal and it was still the same. Of course I search for specific models like DODGE DART, DODGE TRUCK, and sometimes just DODGE and change the setting "Best Match" to "Oldest Year" and scroll through... shruggy

I had it bookmarked and the page would come up showing primarily makes and models below some ebay bs at the top.

One was able to see for example camaro under chevrolet. Click on that all all the Cashmaro's currently listed would appear. Above the top listing you could easily narrow the search my beginning year and ending year as well as other choices.
It now comes up showing ALL Camaro's without the year range feature and other useful filters

The left side of the page had a column with a bunch of other filters, as well as recent auctions results.

All of that is gone with the left column showing silverados cobalts and other non collector models.
Searching by year range is very difficult as well. past results are gone but it's loaded with a bunch of other cr-p . At least i know i'm not the only one seeing it per Johntpr's post.
it does however pull a perfect vacuum with was previously thought to be impossible spank beer
Posted By: johntpr

Re: Ebay motors collector car format change? - 08/04/22 04:32 PM

This is the new bad version : https://www.ebay.com/b/Collector-Cars/bn_7117729158
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: Ebay motors collector car format change? - 08/04/22 06:23 PM

I go to ebay, click on "motors", then click on "vehicles" THEN you can click on "collector cars" and scroll down and you'll see the same choices as before.

Re: Ebay motors collector car format change? - 08/05/22 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by johntpr

Correct, Thank You beer
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Ebay motors collector car format change? - 08/05/22 01:18 AM

That looks like Barrett Jackson link to their collector car auctions.

Re: Ebay motors collector car format change? - 08/05/22 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by larrymopar360
I go to ebay, click on "motors", then click on "vehicles" THEN you can click on "collector cars" and scroll down and you'll see the same choices as before.

I just tried that and what I see is a changed format that is much more difficult to use and the entire left Column of filters, past results etc, are GONE shruggy

If I wanted to look for a 2010 dart I'd just go to E Bay Motors and select Dodge Dart> The new format has changed a lot of things including being able to bypass all the BS, down

Before hit the book mark (collector car page), select a make and model, enter a year range and go up
Posted By: oldjonny

Re: Ebay motors collector car format change? - 08/05/22 01:29 AM

I solved the whole problem. I just don't go to Ebay at all. Once they started really putting it to the seller, I quit even looking on it for anything.
Posted By: 6PAX

Re: Ebay motors collector car format change? - 08/05/22 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by oldjonny
I solved the whole problem. I just don't go to Ebay at all. Once they started really putting it to the seller, I quit even looking on it for anything.

Same here.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Ebay motors collector car format change? - 08/05/22 04:14 PM

They canceled my selling because I won't give them access to my bank account. They have my credit card so why do ythey need to get into my checking account?

Re: Ebay motors collector car format change? - 08/05/22 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by stumpy
They canceled my selling because I won't give them access to my bank account. They have my credit card so why do ythey need to get into my checking account?

How were you getting paid ? They want your checking account so they can just transfer the $$, and report you to Uncle Joe if you sell more than 600.00 mad
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: Ebay motors collector car format change? - 08/05/22 05:22 PM

I just go to Plymouth for example and it shows them all. I see basically no change from anytime recent.

Re: Ebay motors collector car format change? - 08/05/22 07:18 PM

I would like to quit ebay because of their nonsense, but I'd be cutting my nose to spite my face. I'd miss too many vehicles for sale and parts I need.
Posted By: hergfest

Re: Ebay motors collector car format change? - 08/06/22 03:06 AM

Ebay raised the rates so high on selling cars there are hardly any cars listed on there anymore. Bring a Trailer is a much better deal at $99 all inclusive to sell a car.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Ebay motors collector car format change? - 08/06/22 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by hergfest
Ebay raised the rates so high on selling cars there are hardly any cars listed on there anymore. Bring a Trailer is a much better deal at $99 all inclusive to sell a car.

There are some serious issues with BaT also, do some googling, and even in our own WIW section there are some disturbing issues coming up...

Re: Ebay motors collector car format change? - 08/06/22 03:40 PM

Rhino is right. Some problems with "Bring another Tengrand" too. But I look there as well. I look there, ebay and craigslist and FB links although I'm not a member. I search everywhere I can so I don't miss something really nice
© 2024 Moparts Forums