Moparts

Remember this General Lee jump?

Posted By: GODSCOUNTRY340

Remember this General Lee jump? - 07/31/22 03:49 PM

[quote][/quote][u][/u]WOW! Couldn't get the video to load so go to youtube and type in General Lee Freeway jump. Go to 3:22 in the video.

Attached picture 4D0E4325-D029-44D0-94A1-DADC9ACF438F.jpeg
Posted By: MI_Custumz

Re: Remember this General Lee jump? - 08/01/22 09:51 AM

Here's one I took in Detroit at Autorama in 2017. https://youtu.be/KX9UN7JeE20
Posted By: JDMopar

Re: Remember this General Lee jump? - 08/01/22 01:50 PM

I heard the stunt driver was 6 feet tall before the jump...and 5' 6" after because of the compressed spine! eek
Posted By: Moparite

Re: Remember this General Lee jump? - 08/01/22 02:41 PM

I try not to it disturbs me!!! Just because that's another Charger that was destroyed for nothing. You should look at what happened to it after it landed in the real clip that was edited for the movie. I am really glad they didn't make another one of these movies for the same fact. Destroy one of the best looking cars ever for profit. mad
Posted By: GY3

Re: Remember this General Lee jump? - 08/01/22 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Moparite
I try not to it disturbs me!!! Just because that's another Charger that was destroyed for nothing. You should look at what happened to it after it landed in the real clip that was edited for the movie. I am really glad they didn't make another one of these movies for the same fact. Destroy one of the best looking cars ever for profit. mad

Simultaneously they made lots of people fans of those cars and, arguably, drive the insane price they go for today!

In the broad scheme of things the number destroyed was miniscule compared to how many were produced.
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: Remember this General Lee jump? - 08/01/22 04:20 PM

At the same time the show is what helped make Chargers so popular and there are probably a lot more that were saved because of it then they wrecked.
Posted By: burdar

Re: Remember this General Lee jump? - 08/01/22 05:54 PM

Was it actually a Charger? Nowadays they are Crown Vic Fords with reproduction sheet metal.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Remember this General Lee jump? - 08/02/22 01:00 AM

I read that 26 Chargers were bought for just that one movie. Ted Stephens from Alabama was one supplier of parts and cars.
Posted By: Moparite

Re: Remember this General Lee jump? - 08/02/22 10:53 AM

Back in the 80's i spoke with a guy that owned a junk yard, He said they came around and bought Chargers they had. Don't know how true that is because it was on the opposite side of the country. I can only imagine how many where trashed for the TV show. I liked Chargers before the TV show.
© 2024 Moparts Forums