Moparts

Ronnie Montrose, gone 10 years ago today.

Posted By: DaveRS23

Ronnie Montrose, gone 10 years ago today. - 03/03/22 01:53 PM

What a great guitarist he was..........

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPE_HZ-rvGQ
Posted By: shinysidup

Re: Ronnie Montrose, gone 10 years ago today. - 03/03/22 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by DaveRS23
What a great guitarist he was..........

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPE_HZ-rvGQ

Great video!
Ronnie was one of the most, if not the most underrated players ever...
No nonsense, straight ahead rock and roll... it amazes me how many
so called fans of "classic rock" have never heard his music.

RIP

JB
Posted By: calmopar

Re: Ronnie Montrose, gone 10 years ago today. - 03/03/22 10:26 PM

Hard to believe it's been 10 years. Besides being a phenomenal ground-breaking guitarist, Ronnie was very sharp with electronics and mechanical things. He was whip smart and also hilarious. He and I and a mutual friend started a portable amplifier company in the 90s and cranked out about 2,000 of them. I'll always enjoy listening to him rock the nation. RIP.
Posted By: bee1971

Re: Ronnie Montrose, gone 10 years ago today. - 03/04/22 12:26 AM

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/ronnie-montrose-shares-story-of-meeting-eddie-van-halen/

I would also add , Sammy Hagar has had the Best Of Both Worlds

Did you see what I did there
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: Ronnie Montrose, gone 10 years ago today. - 03/04/22 01:32 AM

The Van Hagar stuff pales in comparison to the Montrose and Hagar solo stuff.

From VOA : www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7DXOA0IUnE
Posted By: GB5andGY8

Re: Ronnie Montrose, gone 10 years ago today. - 03/04/22 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by calmopar
Hard to believe it's been 10 years. Besides being a phenomenal ground-breaking guitarist, Ronnie was very sharp with electronics and mechanical things. He was whip smart and also hilarious. He and I and a mutual friend started a portable amplifier company in the 90s and cranked out about 2,000 of them. I'll always enjoy listening to him rock the nation. RIP.

Always enjoyed listening to them back in high school in the East Bay in the mid 1980s. By then, however, they already were "classic rock."

Hey Calmopar, are/were you the one with the AAR Cuda parked in your driveway under a car cover? I used to drive by that car all the time and wonder if it was for sale.
Posted By: Matt M

Re: Ronnie Montrose, gone 10 years ago today. - 03/04/22 02:51 AM

My First concert in 1978
They opened to a blacked out auditorium with Space Station..................unbelievable guitar action.
Posted By: calmopar

Re: Ronnie Montrose, gone 10 years ago today. - 03/04/22 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by GB5andGY8
Originally Posted by calmopar

Always enjoyed listening to them back in high school in the East Bay in the mid 1980s. By then, however, they already were "classic rock."

Hey Calmopar, are/were you the one with the AAR Cuda parked in your driveway under a car cover? I used to drive by that car all the time and wonder if it was for sale.

Nope, not me! I've had a 68 Charger and a 70 Chally under a cover in a driveway, but that would be in WC and Berkeley years ago.

An AAR would have caught my eye, too!
Posted By: rarefish

Re: Ronnie Montrose, gone 10 years ago today. - 03/05/22 03:31 PM

I still have my original copy of that great 1973 Montrose album.
My buddy and I put a lot of miles on it back then.
© 2024 Moparts Forums