Posted By: bigdad

Jeep rolls off black bear pass - 02/23/22 08:39 PM

egads !

Posted By: bigdad

Re: Jeep rolls off black bear pass - 02/23/22 09:05 PM

Due to my fear of heights , I'd not dare it

Posted By: Dcuda69

Re: Jeep rolls off black bear pass - 02/24/22 12:49 AM

Beautiful scenery but a big hell no!! Hope the girl recovers from her injuries.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Jeep rolls off black bear pass - 02/24/22 01:42 AM

A mistake on that section of road could be fatal. For the driver, passenger and anyone unlucky enough to be down below.
Posted By: A12

Re: Jeep rolls off black bear pass - 02/24/22 03:59 AM

I've ridden up and down that pass a couple of dozen times and all on motocycles/dirt bike. One time with my wife on the back my KTM 600 4-stroke single and I lost the rear disc brake. Cooked the brake fluid and the pedal pressure was gone. I got it stopped and didn't tell my wife what just happened, just asked her to walk down about 50 feet and wait for me by that small water runoff. Nursed the bike down with compression and the front disc brake, and cupped water from the runoff on the caliper to cool it down. Got the rear brake back and then headed into Telluride at the bottom to change a return flight ticket for my wife so we could ride for another four days! GREAT TIMES. "Brakes, we don't need no stinkin brakes", I told her later how far we had ridden down Black Bear Pass without any rear brakes and she said thanks for not telling her. laugh2 laugh2 I still have that 600 up
Posted By: RTSrunner

Re: Jeep rolls off black bear pass - 02/24/22 08:21 AM

A couple more mph on his part and he would have been bowled over too!
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: Jeep rolls off black bear pass - 02/24/22 12:00 PM

Young lady in the orange Jeep is fortunate that she was with people who knew what they were doing. Also, she's a moron for leaving that stupid fuzzy steering wheel cover on while off roading, and the leader of the group should've told her to take it off.
Posted By: 69hemibeep

Re: Jeep rolls off black bear pass - 02/24/22 12:41 PM

We ran that trail some years back and the switch backs didn't bother me, it was closer the bottom where you had to squeeze past a boulder on the right and shale was stacked up to keep the drivers side tires from falling over the edge. The rocks moved every time a vehicle went over them.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Jeep rolls off black bear pass - 02/24/22 05:58 PM

Just another adventure in life I'm going to miss on purpose.
My brother in law lives just west of Loveland CO, I didn't care much for driving up and down the zig-zags to his house, and that road was paved. No way I'm doing the trails.
© 2024 Moparts Forums