Moparts

Registries offline?

Posted By: GB5andGY8

Registries offline? - 02/12/22 03:35 PM

Does anyone know why John Bober’s ‘71 Charger RT registry and the ‘71 Superbee registry are off-line? They’ve been inaccessible for about a month, from what I can tell, and I don’t think it’s just my browser. I hope they get restored because they are great resources to have around for the hobby.

http://www.71chargerrtregistry.com/

http://www.superbeeregistry.com/
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Registries offline? - 02/12/22 05:37 PM

shruggy

the 1966-'67 Charger registry is missing also & FastbackJon hasn't been on here since October 2020 frown

1966-67ChargerRegistry.com
Posted By: fc7_plumcrazy

Re: Registries offline? - 02/12/22 08:26 PM

links don't work for me either.
I hope the data isn't gone but still out there

Carsten
Posted By: R_Blaha

Re: Registries offline? - 02/14/22 11:27 PM

Hopefully they aren't gone for good. Very good resources to have, I was also trying to pull up the superbee registry and it was gone. Hopefully someone can bring them back.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: Registries offline? - 02/14/22 11:41 PM

The owner at 1970Charger registry banned me for posting my opinions about the vaccine.
That site gets 4 posts a day and I was half of them. He obviously doesn't care if he has less traffic than main street at midnight in a small town.
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: Registries offline? - 02/14/22 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Frankenduster
The owner at 1970Charger registry banned me

You seem to have a history for being banned?

The problem does not appear to be them, it appears to be you? shruggy

Attached picture Kern Dog banned from Dodge Charger.JPG
Attached picture Kern Dog banned from Moparts.JPG
Attached picture Kern Dog banned from Moparts 2.JPG

Re: Registries offline? - 02/15/22 03:20 AM

If I lived a boring life like SOME PEOPLE Barry, I'd be safe from any and all troubles. Nobody remembers the people that obey every rule or that never took chances.
I never claimed to be an angel. I am also not one to shy away from a fight or a confrontation. Since this site added the Political/UNmoderated forum, I've had no troubles here.
I must really impress you for you to dig so deep on other sites to make your point. You don't dare confront me at FBBO because you know I have far more freedom to express myself there.
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: Registries offline? - 02/15/22 09:01 PM

I have no interest in joining any forums I am not already on.

I do hope you can try to do better as a person, at this point that would really impress all of us.

Best of luck! up

Barry
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Registries offline? - 02/15/22 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Alaskan_TA
The owner at 1970Charger registry banned me

You seem to have a history for being banned?

The problem does not appear to be them, it appears to be you? shruggy

work haha
Posted By: DynoDave

Re: Registries offline? - 02/16/22 12:25 AM

When I select the Charger registry link, I get this.

[Linked Image]

When I select Open in New Window, I get this.

https://www.71superbee.com/71ChargerRTRegistry/

I don't know if this page has the info you are looking for, but it's there.

When I select the Superbee link, I get a similar page as with the Charger registry link. But with that one, when I click the Open in New Window link, it take me nowhere.

Re: Registries offline? - 02/16/22 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by DynoDave
I don't know if this page has the info you are looking for, but it's there.

When I select the Superbee link, I get a similar page as with the Charger registry link. But with that one, when I click the Open in New Window link, it take me nowhere.

Thanks for posting, however, when I tried the embedded link it landed on an old splash page that advertised the website and there was no way to navigate into the actual site.

Frustrating. Hopefully, the website owner gets some feedback and can troubleshoot the issue(s). Of course, maybe its just gotten too time consuming and expensive to maintain...
Posted By: lilcuda

Re: Registries offline? - 02/16/22 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by GB5andGY8
Does anyone know why John Bober’s ‘71 Charger RT registry and the ‘71 Superbee registry are off-line? They’ve been inaccessible for about a month, from what I can tell, and I don’t think it’s just my browser. I hope they get restored because they are great resources to have around for the hobby.

http://www.71chargerrtregistry.com/

http://www.superbeeregistry.com/

They aren’t down. They don’t have certificates on their sites, so most browsers are blocking them.

What’s a certificate? It certifies the authenticity of the site and allows the traffic to be encrypted. They cost money, so many site owners don’t bother. Moparts has one. See the lock in the address bar? It tells you it’s a secure site.
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: Registries offline? - 02/16/22 04:09 PM

Its under $10 for the base cert, no reason not to have it.

Re: Registries offline? - 02/17/22 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by lilcuda
They aren’t down. They don’t have certificates on their sites, so most browsers are blocking them.

Ok. It's as simple as a browser no longer being configured to surf to an unsecured http:// website. With that in mind, one of the browsers I tried has an option where you can force it to connect anyway, even with invalid or-- I assume--missing certificates. Even after I tried that, however, it's no dice.

Since you said "most browsers," it sounds like you know of one that's able to get to those websites. In that case, please post the browser name and version you had luck with so that I can go find it to download.
Posted By: lilcuda

Re: Registries offline? - 02/17/22 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by GB5andGY8
Originally Posted by lilcuda

Ok. It's as simple as a browser no longer being configured to surf to an unsecured http:// website. With that in mind, one of the browsers I tried has an option where you can force it to connect anyway, even with invalid or-- I assume--missing certificates. Even after I tried that, however, it's no dice.

Since you said "most browsers," it sounds like you know of one that's able to get to those websites. In that case, please post the browser name and version you had luck with so that I can go find it to download.

It was working on my iPad before when I posted. Now it isn’t, so their site must be fubar. Hopefully someone has their contact info and can let the site owners know.
Posted By: Butterscotch71

Re: Registries offline? - 02/26/22 02:11 PM

The owner at 1970Charger registry banned me for posting my opinions about the vaccine.
That site gets 4 posts a day and I was half of them. He obviously doesn't care if he has less traffic than main street at midnight in a small town.

Considering the main point of a registry site is the registry not the forum and certainly not opinions about vaccines I can completely understand why he did...
Posted By: fc7_plumcrazy

Re: Registries offline? - 02/26/22 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Butterscotch71

Considering the main point of a registry site is the registry not the forum and certainly not opinions about vaccines I can completely understand why he did...

+1

Carsten
Posted By: pushbutton

Re: Registries offline? - 02/26/22 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by pushbutton
Originally Posted by fc7_plumcrazy
[quote=Butterscotch71][quote=Frankenduster]The owner at 1970Charger registry banned me for posting my opinions about the vaccine.

+1

Carsten [/quote

+2

Re: Registries offline? - 02/27/22 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Butterscotch71

Then you are ignorant of your surroundings. The "registry" has several sub forums like this one does. Off topic matters are discussed there as they are an several other forums.

People post about the supply chain, food they ate, a neighbor's barking dog, and what lawnmower to buy.

Re: Registries offline? - 03/01/22 04:24 AM

Yeah, I didn't expect any reasonable responses.
© 2024 Moparts Forums