Moparts

R.I.P. Doctor Johnny Fever

Posted By: larrymopar360

R.I.P. Doctor Johnny Fever - 01/31/22 02:59 AM

Howard Hessman WKRP’s Dr. Fever gone at 81

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/30/entertainment/howard-hesseman-wkrp-cincinnati-dies/index.html
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: R.I.P. Doctor Johnny Fever - 01/31/22 01:38 PM

Sad to hear. WKRP has always been one of my favorite shows. Every Thanksgiving, I wear a shirt that commemorates the 'turkey' episode.
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: R.I.P. Doctor Johnny Fever - 01/31/22 03:58 PM

Very funny show. I think most of the cast has passed away now?
Posted By: 65pacecar

Re: R.I.P. Doctor Johnny Fever - 01/31/22 04:09 PM

He was in a great episode of Dragnet too.

The WKRP episode after The Who concert in Cincinnati was excellent. My parents were at that show.
Posted By: DynoDave

Re: R.I.P. Doctor Johnny Fever - 02/01/22 12:34 AM

I had not heard this. Sorry to hear that he's gone. angel

Re: R.I.P. Doctor Johnny Fever - 02/01/22 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by DaveRS23
Sad to hear. WKRP has always been one of my favorite shows. Every Thanksgiving, I wear a shirt that commemorates the 'turkey' episode.
"As God is my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly"

Do you remember that Herb Tarlik drove a Cordoba?
Posted By: superbee69

Re: R.I.P. Doctor Johnny Fever - 02/01/22 09:51 PM

Booger !

Re: R.I.P. Doctor Johnny Fever - 02/01/22 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by superbee69
Booger !
laugh

Re: R.I.P. Doctor Johnny Fever - 02/01/22 10:34 PM

Did you know that the ending theme song was actually a bunch of gibberish lyrics? As a kid I always tried to figure out what the lyrics were. It wasn't until much later I read why I couldn't understand the lyrics!!!! I loved the Mrs. Carlson's butler Hirsch.

"The closing theme, "WKRP In Cincinnati End Credits", was a hard rock number composed and performed by Jim Ellis, an Atlanta musician who recorded some of the incidental music for the show. According to people who attended the recording sessions, Ellis didn't yet have lyrics for the closing theme, so he sang nonsense words to give an idea of how it would sound. Wilson decided to use the words anyway, since he felt that it would be funny to use lyrics that were deliberately gibberish, as a satire on the incomprehensibility of many rock songs. Also, because CBS always had an announcer talking over the closing credits, Wilson knew that no one would actually hear the closing theme lyrics anyway". My guess was the first line was something like "went to a bartender, said bartender can I have..." laugh I always thought there was also a line about "a microphone in her heart" LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhAfXTzR2rQ

Re: R.I.P. Doctor Johnny Fever - 02/01/22 10:41 PM

Hirsch lived to be 95 years old, died in 1992

Attached picture 416696.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums