Moparts

Tessla

Posted By: dart4forte

Tessla - 01/27/22 11:54 PM

Now offering crate motors

Attached picture 1850EE05-0CAD-4EA2-82CF-C4099F2BD5E7.jpeg
Posted By: CokeBottleKid

Re: Tessla - 01/28/22 12:06 AM

More like "Revolt" now offering crate motors... which are recycled tesla motors adapted into their housing
Posted By: wingman

Re: Tessla - 01/28/22 12:28 AM

Looks like a big block starter motor.
Posted By: 2boltmain

Re: Tessla - 01/28/22 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by CokeBottleKid
More like "Revolt" now offering crate motors... which are recycled tesla motors adapted into their housing

Tesla is known for refusing to sell parts that are intended to go back into a Tesla. A secondary company that remanufactures motors makes sense as I don't see them (Tesla) selling an electric motor to anyone.
Posted By: GY3

Re: Tessla - 01/28/22 02:39 PM

Reminds me of a giant slot car motor.
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Tessla - 01/28/22 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by 2boltmain

Tesla is known for refusing to sell parts that are intended to go back into a Tesla. A secondary company that remanufactures motors makes sense as I don't see them (Tesla) selling an electric motor to anyone.

confused Then how do you repair a broken Tesla? Buy a whole new car?
Posted By: 65pacecar

Re: Tessla - 01/28/22 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by 6PakBee

Or…..Hemi would be better though.

Attached picture ED69F2EF-F6B7-43FF-B24B-BCBED3E32104.jpeg
Posted By: 2boltmain

Re: Tessla - 01/28/22 07:09 PM

When one goes to buy parts from Tesla they (Tesla) run the VIN. If its a car that has been totaled they will not service that car. Rich Benoit is a software engineer with a successful YouTube channel. He also buys totaled Teslas and repairs them HIMSELF. His resume includes at least 2 flood vehicles. No matter the cause of the salvage title Tesla refuses to sell parts for a totaled car. He relies on other totaled vehicles for parts. He also just put an LS motor in a tesla and showed it at SEMA. Looks factory.
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: Tessla - 01/28/22 07:21 PM

When one goes to buy parts from Tesla they (Tesla) run the VIN. If its a car that has been totaled they will not service that car. Rich Benoit is a software engineer with a successful YouTube channel. He also buys totaled Teslas and repairs them HIMSELF. His resume includes at least 2 flood vehicles. No matter the cause of the salvage title Tesla refuses to sell parts for a totaled car. He relies on other totaled vehicles for parts. He also just put an LS motor in a tesla and showed it at SEMA. Looks factory.

So how does tesla get away with that? I thought legally they had to make parts be available for 10 years or something? Also why would they NOT want to sell you parts and make some money? Many dealers make some of their best money selling parts.... what about the aftermarket, are they not allowed to make and sell "replacement" parts?
© 2024 Moparts Forums