Moparts

GYC Gone?

Posted By: Magnumguy

GYC Gone? - 01/27/22 01:41 AM

I've not seen Graveyard Cars on MT TV for quite a while.

Anyone know what's up?
Posted By: migsBIG

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/27/22 02:49 AM

Motortrend owns the broadcasting and have limited all the shows to post for a few episodes , then takes time off between shoots. They did it soo bad that quit watching MT for 1/2 a year. When General Mayhem came back to RK, I got about 6 months subbed to support the show.
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/27/22 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by migsBIG
Motortrend owns the broadcasting and have limited all the shows to post for a few episodes , then takes time off between shoots. They did it soo bad that quit watching MT for 1/2 a year. When General Mayhem came back to RK, I got about 6 months subbed to support the show.

migsBIG, you are going to have to interpret your post for me, I don't understand what you are saying. Sorry. shruggy
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/27/22 04:27 PM

I wonder if it's just the off season and they are recording new episodes right now, and breaking from re-runs to get us amped up for new season.
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/27/22 04:36 PM

Series on Motortrend TV seem to come and go, then come back again.
Not much different than other cable channels like Discovery where you’ll watch Deadliest Catch or Gold Rush for several months, then it disappears until it returns a year later.
I doubt GYC is gone forever. In the meantime if you miss Marks antics he has a YouTube channel you can watch.
Posted By: topside

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/27/22 05:08 PM

Probably just filming, editing & producing.
Commonplace with Discovery, History Channel, etc etc - they'll film for a while and then edit, assemble, etc into what you see.
Sometimes only a few episodes, sometimes several months' worth; that number is contracted.

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/27/22 06:33 PM

I like the show as 1) it's Mopar based, 2) they don't modify everything with 50" wheels make it either so low you can take a snake out or so high you can walk under them.

My wife actually likes Mark's antics. Which means she's all in watching if it's on.

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/27/22 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Magnumguy
I like the show as 1) it's Mopar based, 2) they don't modify everything with 50" wheels make it either so low you can take a snake out or so high you can walk under them.

My wife actually likes Mark's antics. Which means she's all in watching if it's on.
I agree completely on 1 and 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: A12

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/27/22 09:41 PM

I'm glad that over the years the producers allowed the others to say what they felt about Mark and his antics. I used to really hate it when Mark would ride, insult, make fun of some of the employees and they just had to take it. I think I like the things they say about Mark and pretty much know what he's going to do to them before hand. He was like a school bully and I guess maybe still a little but at least he admits it now and somewhat a little humbler and more tolerable..........not much if you're reading this Mark wink laugh2 wave
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/28/22 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by A12
I'm glad that over the years the producers allowed the others to say what they felt about Mark and his antics. I used to really hate it when Mark would ride, insult, make fun of some of the employees and they just had to take it. I think I like the things they say about Mark and pretty much know what he's going to do to them before hand. He was like a school bully and I guess maybe still a little but at least he admits it now and somewhat a little humbler and more tolerable..........not much if you're reading this Mark wink laugh2 wave
Don't you really mean "where is the finger Imoji when you need it" whistling
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/28/22 12:52 AM

School bully?
No.
What he is....is a quick witted smart-aleck that likes to break balls. IF you had any wits and humor, you'd be joining in with guys like that and giving it right back to them.
Instead, complainers are often the socially awkward nerds that are not able to think of snappy comebacks or funny insults to exchange with guys like Mark.
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/28/22 01:45 AM

Bottom line with GYC is that a number of times I’ve been at a cruise with one of my cars, and someone will come up to me and start talking to me about the car, then mention GYC and Mark. I realized I need to bite my tongue and not say I think he’s not as talented or knowledgeable about Mopars as he boasts. These people I meet seem to have got interested and enthused about my car and Mopars from watching GYC. So even if he’s a bit of a clown, Worman through his show is spurring a lot of interest in our cars so he deserves credit for that.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/28/22 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mastershake340
Bottom line with GYC is that a number of times I’ve been at a cruise with one of my cars, and someone will come up to me and start talking to me about the car, then mention GYC and Mark. I realized I need to bite my tongue and not say I think he’s not as talented or knowledgeable about Mopars as he boasts. These people I meet seem to have got interested and enthused about my car and Mopars from watching GYC. So even if he’s a bit of a clown, Worman through his show is spurring a lot of interest in our cars so he deserves credit for that.

Sad part for real mopar owners, is that there are better shops to do restorations than GYC for the price he charges. I've seen disappointed owners admit to it.

And other owners that get enticed by the idea of their car being on TV. Then it doesn't and the cars take a long time to get done. Filming a show really slows down the productivity of a shop. I know of one owner that sold his car while waiting.

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/28/22 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by Frankenduster
School bully?
No.
What he is....is a quick witted smart-aleck that likes to break balls. IF you had any wits and humor, you'd be joining in with guys like that and giving it right back to them.
Instead, complainers are often the socially awkward nerds that are not able to think of snappy comebacks or funny insults to exchange with guys like Mark.

I guess you told me....................I got nothing, no wit, no humor, no life,...........that's why I hang around here laugh2

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/28/22 03:04 AM

I have been wrong before. Maybe I am here but I don't think so.
Years on this planet and paying attention to a person's quirks and traits have shown me that my comments are often true. The people that don't like Mark are often not as witty or as playful in general. This is not to say that they are stupid. Some really smart people are slow to get a joke or to interpret sarcasm.
Posted By: 1972CudaV21

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/28/22 03:11 AM

The first couple of seasons were overhyped. Mark was riding the reality show wave created by Orange County Choppers and their antics/BS. People grew tired of the drama and Mark did accept their criticism/ideas to re-create the show: the new shop and new cast members (and a level of professionalism) improved the show. Occasionally, I’ll watch it on YT.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/28/22 03:35 AM

Years on this planet and paying attention to a person's quirks and traits have shown me that my comments are often true. The people that don't like Mark are often not as witty or as playful in general. This is not to say that they are stupid. Some really smart people are slow to get a joke or to interpret sarcasm.

blah

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/28/22 03:38 AM

So your comment to me you interpret as "witty and playful", you think too much of yourself.

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/28/22 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by JohnRR

blah

Thanks John

MikeR

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/28/22 05:03 AM

#3 would be the trivia. I only wish he'd do more 50's and mid/late 70's cars. But if he's not gotten the cars to do, well OK.

I"ll keep watching as long as it doesn't stray from how it's done for the most part. I do miss Rea being on the show. But his replacement is OK

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/28/22 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by A12
School bully?
No.

I guess you told me....................I got nothing, no wit, no humor, no life,...........that's why I hang around here laugh2

You got company. grin
Posted By: Sniper

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/28/22 03:41 PM

School bully?
No.

No, that is the behavior of insecure little men with self esteem issues. Belittle others to feel superior.

Unimpressed.

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/28/22 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Sniper
School bully?
No.

No, that is the behavior of insecure little men with self esteem issues. Belittle others to feel superior.

Unimpressed.

iagree
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/28/22 04:03 PM

deleted

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/28/22 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Magnumguy
#3 would be the trivia. I only wish he'd do more 50's and mid/late 70's cars. But if he's not gotten the cars to do, well OK.

I"ll keep watching as long as it doesn't stray from how it's done for the most part. I do miss Rea being on the show. But his replacement is OK
Yeah I miss him too. His daughter could go away but I understand a father giving his daughter a job. I'll keep watching too. I would like to see some A and C bodies to compliment the barrage of B and E.

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/28/22 08:52 PM

School bully?
No.

Unimpressed.

Wrong again. You must have lived a really boring life.
Posted By: Sniper

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/28/22 08:57 PM

School bully?
No.

Unimpressed.

You'd curl up in a ball and suck your thumb long before you ever matched the interesting experiences I've lived through.

I have dealt with insecure little men with self esteem issues in positions of authority. Most of them never knew what hit them when it was all said and done.

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/28/22 09:13 PM

Boring life, I'll add that to my list, I qualify for that one too. Tell us about yours.
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/28/22 09:20 PM

I can deal with Mark's antics, but the show just doesn't do it for me. With that said, very few of the car related shows do it for me. I'll follow certain builds if they come on on some of the shows, but I'd rather be out building something of my own. I hjave also heard the criticism of their builds, but every shop has some as some customers will NEVER be satisfied.

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/28/22 09:35 PM

School bully?
No.

Unimpressed.

You'd curl up in a ball and suck your thumb long before you ever matched the interesting experiences I've lived through.

I have dealt with insecure little men with self esteem issues in positions of authority. Most of them never knew what hit them when it was all said and done.

It has nothing to do with feeling superior. For me, it is a matter of joking, teasing and just being silly. I see it as a sport where each guy tries to top the other with an even better joke.
If your screen name is not just some "cool" moniker you gave yourself and if you really were or are a sniper, I suppose that you spend a LOT of time concentrating and being serious.
If that is the case, it surely hardened you against such silly things as locker room banter and pranks.....things that guys with less intense jobs can actually engage in without failing at their jobs.
I have encountered numerous sour faced , sullen, serious people in my years and feel equally disappointed and sorry for them.
I laugh every day. Multiple times a day. Do you?

Attached picture 1 hmmmm.jpeg

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/29/22 03:17 PM

School bully?
No.

I've worked with a number of those "quick witted smart-alack that likes to break balls" and that shtick gets old very quickly. There is no reason I should have to tolerate, or respond to, individuals that are doing nothing other than badgering me. What really pees me off is that if you tell them that enough is enough, they apparently become deaf because they just continue. I remember one situation vividly when a "quick witted smart-alack that likes to break balls" had a female coworker in tears. HR got involved and guess what, they didn't find his smart-alack "humor" funny either.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/29/22 04:43 PM

It has nothing to do with feeling superior. For me, it is a matter of joking, teasing and just being silly.

As much as it pains me, I have to agree with Greg but I see a difference in antics among people you know and antics before a mixed audience. As stated before, if you object to his antics hit the FF button...I do.

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/29/22 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by John_Kunkel
It has nothing to do with feeling superior. For me, it is a matter of joking, teasing and just being silly.

As much as it pains me, I have to agree with Greg but I see a difference in antics among people you know and antics before a mixed audience. As stated before, if you object to his antics hit the FF button...I do.
I FF and mute sometimes. But I'm so glad there's such a show.
Posted By: Neil

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/29/22 05:30 PM

I don't mind Mark's goofiness. Obviously all for the camera and worth a good laugh.

Should be a little thankful there is a Mopar show at all as small as the Mopar hobby is compared to other makes. A TV show on how to properly restore red 69 Camaros, or 65 Mustangs over and over would likely draw a bigger audience.

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/29/22 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Neil
I don't mind Mark's goofiness. Obviously all for the camera and worth a good laugh.

Should be a little thankful there is a Mopar show at all as small as the Mopar hobby is compared to other makes. A TV show on how to properly restore red 69 Camaros, or 65 Mustangs over and over would likely draw a bigger audience.
Exactly. Just how many old Craparos and Shovelles getting an LS can a Mopar person tolerate??? grin

Attached picture 39170debf6d625b4577c18edce2b4875e73b229fb149b7761cf2119449ea6a09_1.jpg
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: GYC Gone? - 01/30/22 07:19 PM

I liked the show but could have done with less of Marks BS antics. I gave up MT on demand last year and I forget what the last seasons were I watched but he was starting to get better.

Did something change with the shows that are on MT? Just wondering since Steve Magnante and some some others have recently started pumping out piles of youtube stuff.
Posted By: Big Bad Bee

Re: GYC Gone? - 02/01/22 04:36 AM

Sorry. That show is like being in restoration purgatory. Taking two episodes to do something worth 5 minutes. It's almost like what would happen if I worked there, minus the guy constantly telling everyone how much he knows about what he knows. wave
© 2024 Moparts Forums