Moparts

What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his....

Posted By: A12

What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 01/25/22 06:16 PM

Caution words by truck driver at end of his video. This snow plow driver could have killed some innocent people, what a dumb @$$

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ohio/comments/sb8okb/plow_driver_on_ohio_turnpike_damages_at_least_47/

Attached picture AATa0Me.jpg
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 01/25/22 06:19 PM

Total incompetence. Inexcusable. Guy should be fired. Not sure he broke any traffic laws in OH, but he should be out of a job for sure. Zero reason for that to happen.

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 01/25/22 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by not_a_charger
Total incompetence. Inexcusable. Guy should be fired. Not sure he broke any traffic laws in OH, but he should be out of a job for sure. Zero reason for that to happen.

up up

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 01/25/22 06:29 PM

The sound of the impact on the semi that was in the farthest away "slow" lane is loud and you know it did damage to his semi. Blew that one car right off the highway and lucky for that car it missed the end of that guardrail.

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 01/25/22 06:36 PM

This is one example of why, whenever possible, they will stagger multiple trucks, one in each lane, and throw the snow from left to right. When doing so, the trucks can drive at a higher speed, too. If multiple trucks aren't available, and one plow has to clear the left lane, they should clear it to the left, but at a much lower speed than this jacka$$ was driving.
Posted By: wingman

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 01/25/22 06:47 PM

I know around here they are VERY shorthanded on plow drivers this year. Likely they are hiring anyone who can fog a mirror....
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 01/25/22 06:59 PM

At least "Speed too fast for conditions" in Florida.
Posted By: topside

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 01/25/22 08:07 PM

Whadda maroon !
Posted By: Stanton

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 01/25/22 08:49 PM

This happened to me back around '84 ...COMPLETELY shattered the windshield. Luckily it didn't collapse in on me.
Posted By: CKessel

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 01/25/22 09:00 PM

I wonder if he was a "Diversity" hire.
Posted By: 440newport

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 01/26/22 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Stanton
This happened to me back around '84 ...COMPLETELY shattered the windshield. Luckily it didn't collapse in on me.

Happened to me a few years ago too in a Tacoma work truck I was driving. Broke the windshield, shattered the driver side headlight housing and the grill.

Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 01/26/22 04:14 AM

I went through a blizzard in Ohio, PA, and NY yesterday, Ohio was plowed well, PA not so much, NY hardly at all! I guess the other thread about NY being low on drivers is true! There were signs all over IN saying that plows only drive at 35 mph and give them some room, this clown looks like he was going 70! eek

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 01/26/22 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart
I went through a blizzard in Ohio, PA, and NY yesterday, Ohio was plowed well, PA not so much, NY hardly at all! I guess the other thread about NY being low on drivers is true! There were signs all over IN saying that plows only drive at 35 mph and give them some room, this clown looks like he was going 70! eek

Jim you have to figure that his speed only dictated how far to the left that heavy snow was being thrown into the oncoming lanes that were hitting it at whatever speed THEY were going in the opposite direction. Like someone dropping a barrel's worth of it off of an overpass on you as you went under it a 65 MPH. And seeing as you can't compress a liquid it didn't matter that much that is was slush with most likely ice chunks, road debris, etc., mixed it. Why was he throwing it onto the road on the other side anyway???? It's like shoveling your sidewalk onto your driveway then shoveling your driveway BACK onto your sidewalk DUH.
Posted By: basketcase

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 01/26/22 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Rhinodart

My late Uncle hauled a lot in New York. This was typical of winter there....

Attached picture 1395272_707563342641295_752231372_n.jpg
Attached picture 1607083_707562405974722_1253950931_n.jpg
Posted By: 5thAve

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 01/30/22 07:42 PM

This is one example of why, whenever possible, they will stagger multiple trucks, one in each lane, and throw the snow from left to right. When doing so, the trucks can drive at a higher speed, too. If multiple trucks aren't available, and one plow has to clear the left lane, they should clear it to the left, but at a much lower speed than this jacka$$ was driving.

That's how they do the highways here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndeUe1UzLuk
Posted By: 1969ronnie

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 01/30/22 09:45 PM

down Hi , My niece just signed for her first MOPAR a 2022 4door Jeep Willys Sept 27 . We are Having a Huge BLIZZARD last 2 days . Yes , PLOW Guy doing that first video cracked her brand new Jeep windshield . driving home from work . She was ALL Upset , I calmly said , it's OK , drive it and we will have it done in march . If you change it next week , there is a VERY good chance of it getting Broken again especially with the Feb STORMS coming ! drive Ronnie . wrench She is a MOPAR niece , Born in 1999 , I remember teaching her to say HEMI , even before mama or papa ! My sis in law was NOT amused ! tsk and she took her VERY first steps in MY Garage ! boogie
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 01/30/22 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by CKessel
I wonder if he was a "Diversity" hire.

OOoooooooo......

Attached picture 1 Ooooo.jpg
Posted By: kevin69bman

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 01/31/22 01:26 AM

Yep hade a customer bring in her jeep to are shop after she was hit by that clown and yes they said he was doing 70mph
Posted By: moparx

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 01/31/22 04:53 PM

Ronnie, nieces and nephews are born to be spoiled by uncles ! biggrin
it's always amusing buying their first drum kit at around age two. whistling
beer

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 01/31/22 09:31 PM

wave Hi Bob , Back in 2003 when Dodge came out with the , HEY , THAT THING GOT A HEMI ! campaign , we would yell to my niece anytime one of my buddies pulled into my yard with their antique Cars ! Hearing a little 4 year old girl Yell out that saying to whoever pulled into my yard was PRICELESS and Always made everyone bust out Laughing ! I'll Never forget the memories and the Laughter from that simple saying ! drive and Yes , uncle ronnie spoils her rotten ! snowblowRonnie
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 01/31/22 09:38 PM

The only one in the video who is dummer than the plow driver is the driver of the little yellow car. Stops in the middle of the freeway and sit there, when the people behind you can't see because their windshields are splattered and they can't stop because of the snow and ice on the road. My expectation is that that car got obliterated from the rear end.

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 01/31/22 10:22 PM

Don't know about that Joel, think by the time the shock of being hit by that mess, (listening to the sound of the impact to the big semi) and the possibility of that being one of the driver's that was seriously injured or stunned. By the time they were able to look in any of the rear view mirrors that semi with the camera was closing in on it pretty fast. I sure wouldn't have pulled to the right and into the path of the semi if the driver could have even seen it. Inside rear view mirror and windshield might have even been on his/her lap or in the back seat at that point blush wink grin
Posted By: wingman

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 02/01/22 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
I'm the only one in the video who is dummer than the plow driver is the driver of the little yellow car. Stops in the middle of the freeway and sit there, when the people behind you can't see because their windshields are splattered and they can't stop because of the snow and ice on the road. My expectation is that that car got obliterated from the rear end.

That small yellow car took a direct hit right in the windshield. Likely the driver had a face/lap full of broken glass and ice chunks. Ideally he would have kept going and pulled to the side of the road, but he probably couldn't see and was partially incapacitated. Original newscast said there were over a dozen injuries--he was likely one of them. Hard to fault him for being the "dummest" person in the video.

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 02/01/22 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by wingman
Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
I'm the only one in the video who is dummer than the plow driver is the driver of the little yellow car. Stops in the middle of the freeway and sit there, when the people behind you can't see because their windshields are splattered and they can't stop because of the snow and ice on the road. My expectation is that that car got obliterated from the rear end.

That small yellow car took a direct hit right in the windshield. Likely the driver had a face/lap full of broken glass and ice chunks. Ideally he would have kept going and pulled to the side of the road, but he probably couldn't see and was partially incapacitated. Original newscast said there were over a dozen injuries--he was likely one of them. Hard to fault him for being the "dummest" person in the video.

up and you're right about not being the "DUMBEST PERSON IN THE VIDEO" that would still belong to the SNOWPLOW DRIVER! flame
Posted By: W.I.N. Racing

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 02/01/22 05:41 PM

Also if you look the yellow car ran into the car that went off the road (right font corner) and as said prior had they moved over more than likely the the right rear as well from the Semi... lets just focus on the A$$ hat in the plow truck.

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 02/01/22 05:44 PM

lets just focus on the A$$ hat in the plow truck.

I have to admit, I am stunned that not one person has chimed in to defend the plow driver. laugh2

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 02/01/22 07:55 PM

I have to admit, I am stunned that not one person has chimed in to defend the plow driver. laugh2

Yeah what has happened to the old Moparts we knew shruggy laugh2 laugh2

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 02/08/22 08:26 PM

DA has been fired, though the Teamsters will certainly try to overturn that. 51 damage claims filed with the Turnpike Commission so far. Announcement of his firing indicated he was going to be assessed a chargeable accident, too. That's going to hurt future driving-related employment opportunities, since lots of companies who hire CDL drivers don't want any at-fault accidents, etc. on the records of their drivers.
Posted By: bee1971

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 02/09/22 01:28 AM

Yellow Jeep is in this video of damaged vehicles

https://twitter.com/PolarBarrett/status/1485363629109268483?s=20&t=8-xZfzQ6qTT6W0wpWjfEwg

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 02/09/22 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by bee1971

shock shock realmad

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 02/09/22 03:14 AM

Oops snuck that one by.........for now at least blush Did you mean truckers ? laugh2
Posted By: Stanton

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 02/09/22 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by A12
Oops snuck that one by.........for now at least blush Did you mean truckers ? laugh2

LOL ... thought I was posting on FBBO !!!

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 02/09/22 11:49 PM

tsk Just came on the News that 55 vehicles damaged and 18 people hurt , Ohio Transportation Director just Fired that Plow Driver . drive I guess the Union can't save that Driver ! Ronnie

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 02/10/22 04:37 PM

hope that dimwit ain't figuring on driving truck anytime soon...............
wonder how much that is going to cost the ohio dot ?
beer

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 02/10/22 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
hope that dimwit ain't figuring on driving truck anytime soon...............
wonder how much that is going to cost the Ohio TAX PAYERS ?
beer

(Reality) fixed realmad

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 02/11/22 04:41 PM

yes ! my mistake, as i know better.
it's ALWAYS the TAX PAYER !
please accept my apology for making a misleading statement. spank
beer
Posted By: Runner2go

Re: What was this snow plow driver thinking, head up his.... - 02/11/22 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by A12

Yeah what has happened to the old Moparts we knew shruggy laugh2 laugh2

Ok... work
Truck driver was merely attempting to provide an amusement park like experience for the drivers in the opposing lane. devil
How was he to know they were all going to be a bunch of snow fearing PU$$IES. stirthepot biggrin

Secondary responses would have referenced an ability to completely clear the other lanes if using the "proper" equipment.

There you go... standard "2008" Moparts response. laugh2
© 2024 Moparts Forums